This is a MUST win, wouldnt it be sweet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

This is a MUST win, wouldnt it be sweet?

You have NE at 5 and 4 but they have to come into Buff where we are 4 and 1
    You have Cinnci and Pitt at 7 and 2, one or the other wins the division and the other is a sure fire wildcard

You have Den whow ins the division with 7 and 2

Indy at 9 and 0 wins the division

And then you have 2 5 and 4 teams in KC and SD.

Wouldnt it be sweet for us to beat BOTH with our QB who should have started the whole damn year? Wouldnt it be great to have that guy not just beat 2 lowsy division foes but win the games that put us into the playoffs? It might just happen.

If we beat SD, and then beat NE we have a real shot. But we would need to beat Cinnci (toughest game all year). Denver looks beatable to me and we may have a shot to do it.

I think we beat NE, SD, Cinnci or Den, NYJ, Mia and earn a playoff spot. Thats a 9 and 7 record. It basically means losses to the Panthers and either Cinnci or Den.

• Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Re: This is a MUST win, wouldnt it be sweet?

I think - with the Chargers, Panthers, Pats, Broncos and Bengals still on our schedule, plus the Fins and Jets on the road - that our only chance is to put Losman out there and let him play his game. Holcomb will give us no chance against that schedule.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
      that our only chance is to put Losman out there and let him play his game. Holcomb will give us no chance against that schedule.
      wow, I like JP but I wouldn't go that far. It's like you're expecting him to carry the team . Maybe next year but I don't see it happenning this year. The only way we make playoffs depends on Willis ,our ability to stop the run and St will have to play like it did last year if we are to pull of a miracle and make playoffs.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Mitchy moo
        Roways rooking ahread!
        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
        wow, I like JP but I wouldn't go that far. It's like you're expecting him to carry the team . Maybe next year but I don't see it happenning this year. The only way we make playoffs depends on Willis ,our ability to stop the run and St will have to play like it did last year if we are to pull of a miracle and make playoffs.
        I feel that the Defense shoulders alot of responsibility as well. If they play as well as they did against a potent KC offense, we'll do just fine. The D really helped us last year in the 2nd half.

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Skooby
          I feel that the Defense shoulders alot of responsibility as well. If they play as well as they did against a potent KC offense, we'll do just fine. The D really helped us last year in the 2nd half.
          No doubt. But unlike the KC's potent O, we don't have the 12th man on our side this time to try and dissrupt the qb.
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

we're 4-5. They're ALL must-wins.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
              Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
              • Mar 2003

indeed, before we think ahead at all, we have to see if we can prove ourselves on the road, for the first time this season. If we come out flat like we have in every road game except the Pats, we will most likely get blasted, and then the rest of the games won't matter. The D HAS to find a way to step it up on the raod.
              "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
              -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                • Mar 2005

A two game swing this weekend will pretty much end our season. As bad as I think NE is right now it still gets them into the playoffs. Let's not forget that SD beat NE at home 41-17. This is a very good football team!!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                  I'm not expecting JP to carry the team, but neither am I expecting the D to suddenly get stout against the run, the O line to get much better, or the running attack to develop the consistency we need.

Given these season long weaknesses, I just think JP gives us a better chance than a caretaker/manager-type QB.
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

Working...
                  X