PDA

View Full Version : Play 1st team at least first HALF

H2OBFLO
08-09-2002, 12:50 AM
It's just the Bengals, we can really use these guys for working on our timing routes and getting some good work in the trench's.
We've got talent that needs to gel into a team, the whole second half can be for evaluating the rest.
We can backoff a bit against the Vikes and Colts, then hit them one more time real good against the Lions.
The Jets looked pretty good against the Steelers, we've got to be ready! I'M READY !!!
GO BILLS!!!
H2OBFLO:pow:

clumping platelets
08-09-2002, 05:25 AM
I'm not entirely in favor of that......I'd be happy with 2 or 3 series.

BambinoSux
08-09-2002, 06:33 AM
I wouldn't mind a quarter but no way should they play the entire first half. Did you watch the Jets game? Vinny and Martin only played a few series and I don't even think Chrebet got in the game.

WG
08-09-2002, 06:36 AM
Yeah, 2/3 series would be good. PS is essentially meaningless unless a player is fighting for a job. The competition is often only a shell of what it is for real. Injury risks are higher due to higher heat and players not necessarily being fully conditioned.

Drew knows what to do come the season opener as do Henry, Moulds, JR, Moore, and the OL.

I'd yank Winfield and Clements too after a series or two. Fletcher, Newman, Robinson.

Other than PW, the DL should be in there, our best guys as we know them, for a couple more series to further evaluate.

bduff54
08-09-2002, 07:34 AM
"it's just the bengals" does that mean they can't break Bledsoes leg? there is no way they play the first half. i have watched pre-seson for years and i have never see na team leave their first team in very long in the first game.

standingbuffalo43
08-09-2002, 09:54 AM
2 series, MAX...
any more is a waste and a risk to injury at key positions...
preseason is more about trimming the roster to 53...we need to look at 2nd & 3rd & 4th stringers rather than whether our starters can run it up against doods that will be pumping gas by sept 5...

lordofgun
08-09-2002, 10:20 AM
GW already said that Bledsoe will play probably the first quarter unless there is a drive or 2 of 12-15 plays. The O-line starters will play the entire first half according to GW.

BigMike68
08-09-2002, 10:25 AM
I would say 3 series for the 1st team and then have the line play the whole 1st half on offense.

lordofgun
08-09-2002, 10:28 AM
You're probably about right Big Mike!

H2OBFLO
08-12-2002, 01:31 AM
Yeah, you're all right, a half is way too much, and after seeing them move down the field, they only need one series, now the D is another story!