PDA

View Full Version : Still think we should draft a DT?

Devin
11-20-2005, 06:10 PM
we had better spend every dime we have on an OL.

Kerr
11-20-2005, 06:13 PM
Yes, Dt is first priority. The rest of the rounds can consist of OL. TD already struck out drafting an OLman in the 1st round.

Novacane
11-20-2005, 06:16 PM
I'm not sure which of our lines suck the most

Devin
11-20-2005, 06:17 PM
perhaps you didnt see the execution on tv today.

Jeff1220
11-20-2005, 06:21 PM
Yes, Dt is first priority. The rest of the rounds can consist of OL. TD already struck out drafting an OLman in the 1st round.

Hopefully it won't be TD doing the picking.

Kerr
11-20-2005, 06:32 PM
Hopefully it won't be TD doing the picking.

True, but regardless of who does the picking, I still think we need to pick DT in the first round. I stand by the belief that defenses win championships. We need to be able to stick around in games, and that won't happen in the future if teams are able to effectively run the ball on us.

Captain Obvious
11-20-2005, 06:36 PM
I still think DT is a high priority. With the 2006 NFL draft supposedly rich in LTs the bills could still get a good LT in the 2nd Round. However, if Nagati or Wright are gone by the time the bills pick in the 1st Round, then the bills might take a LT in the 1st Round.

Lexwhat
11-20-2005, 06:42 PM
I still think DT is a high priority. With the 2006 NFL draft supposedly rich in LTs the bills could still get a good LT in the 2nd Round. However, if Nagati or Wright are gone by the time the bills pick in the 1st Round, then the bills might take a LT in the 1st Round.

I agree, it will all depend on who is available. Plus, I dont think there's any great DT's available in Free Agency. I know we can sign at least 1 good player for our OL in FA.

But will TD get any good O-Linemen in FA? Who knows.

TigerJ
11-20-2005, 06:45 PM
Yes. I think Duke Preston is our center next season, and I don't have any particular reason to think he won't be OK. I think Jason Peters is going to be fine at tackle. I think Gandy is servicable. Besides the fact that Teague can't stand up against a big strong DT, most of Buffalo's line problems have been at guard. You won't find guards worthy of being as high a pick as Buffalo is going to have. A dominant DT will go a long ways toward curing Buffalo's problems in run defense.

DaBills
11-20-2005, 08:09 PM
I'm fed up with TD's always trying to get 'value in later rounds' type picks. We had Pat at the time so DT was less a priority than it is now. We need a monster DE as much anything. While Aaron's dependable, we need an impact player a la Peppers that can change the game and draw double teams.

X-Era
11-20-2005, 08:19 PM

Spend every DIME on OL, but DRAFT a CB. Clements isnt even REMOTELY worth what he will try to command. Read my post. TD will let MW go and WONT draft another early OT. I just dont see it. Besides, as far as DT's go, I like the young guys to start with Sam Adams like Tripplett, Damione Lewis, and Ryan Pickett from FA.

X-Era
11-20-2005, 08:21 PM
Spend every DIME on OL, but DRAFT a CB. Clements isnt even REMOTELY worth what he will try to command. Read my post. TD will let MW go and WONT draft another early OT. I just dont see it. Besides, as far as DT's go, I like the young guys to start with Sam Adams like Tripplett, Damione Lewis, and Ryan Pickett from FA.

I completely agree with the GUTS of the concept. TD has wasted cap cash on bargain basement players and it has built a mdeiocre team. I have been crying for a few studs, but every year he makes a tiny drip iinstead of a splash in FA. Read my post on this, yes its long, but I put alot of thought into it on these very subjects.

Devin
11-20-2005, 08:21 PM
TD wont let MW go. But a reduction in pay is in order.

footballhottie
11-20-2005, 08:30 PM
TD is a ****ing moron

X-Era
11-20-2005, 08:32 PM
I dont mind that at all. But if he was gonna do it, why didnt he last year?

Im all for keeping young guys with potential but NOT at top 10 pay. At least when they havent shown us they are worth it yet.

I like him taking a pay cut but reducing his pay wont make him stay healthy and thats my biggest worry with Mike. I actually like his potential and I think Peters at LT and MW at RT (IF HE STAYS HEALTHY) is a nice T duo.