PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone considering not renewing their seasons right now?

sba
11-20-2005, 06:39 PM
I'm highly considering using the money for directTV instead.

Demon
11-20-2005, 06:51 PM
I am renewing.... the rockpile is the greatest invention of all time. So much fun and you meet the coolest people ever.

Besides, i'd miss the tailgating too. lol

cordog
11-20-2005, 07:04 PM
absolutely.

Dozerdog
11-20-2005, 07:06 PM
Sign me up.

I am buying my folk's summer place 45 minutes from my seats just to have a place to hang before the games (first few months anyway)

Dozerdog
11-20-2005, 07:06 PM
absolutely.Great! I can bum a hot dog off ya a few times this season!

PromoTheRobot
11-20-2005, 07:08 PM
There is no question....YES. Not supporting this team only gives the NFL an excuse to move the Bills. They will NEVER be replaced.

PTR

Dozerdog
11-20-2005, 07:11 PM
Hell- losing football is a hell of a lot better than no football.

Ask people in Hartford, or Des Moines, or Los Angeles if they wished they had a team. Ok Maybe LA doesn't care.

BAM
11-20-2005, 10:35 PM
It was only a matter of time before one of these posts arrived. :D

X-Era
11-20-2005, 10:38 PM
I'm highly considering using the money for directTV instead.

Dont have em, can I buy yours?

Seriously, what good will it do?

We have NO real impact on the fortunes or lack thereof of this team. We only can make this board the BA, which is Bills Anonymous and support each other as the hopelessly hopefull.

X-Era
11-20-2005, 10:39 PM
Hell- losing football is a hell of a lot better than no football.

Ask people in Hartford, or Des Moines, or Los Angeles if they wished they had a team. Ok Maybe LA doesn't care.

At least Hartford has a good hockey team...ohh...wait....:peace:

footballhottie
11-20-2005, 10:44 PM
i dont care if we lost every game for 3 season in a row...i would still go and cheer just as loud.

mackey789
11-20-2005, 10:45 PM
I would renew even if they were 1-15. Tailgating is awesome and going to the games is a ton of fun. Its relatively cheap and to be honest, if we can string together a few wins in a row we are right back in the thick of things.

BAM
11-20-2005, 10:46 PM
There ya go, Mackey.

:bf1:

X-Era
11-20-2005, 10:47 PM
I would renew even if they were 1-15. Tailgating is awesome and going to the games is a ton of fun. Its relatively cheap and to be honest, if we can string together a few wins in a row we are right back in the thick of things.

Hell ya, been a big fan for decades but this year against ATL was my first. Im drooling to get back, and yes thats regardless of record.

Demon
11-20-2005, 11:17 PM
It's actually funny because after i posted this, a buddy of mine who doesnt have season tix, called me up to discuss the game because he couldn't go to the bar because had plans with his girl, so anyways as we're talking about the game, he's like, btw, whenever you renew you're tix, let me know so i can buy them.

My point is, being a Bills fan is unlike anything else. They drive you crazy with poor play and you lose 5 years of your life to due their play, but, you have to support the boys, this season seems lost but i have faith that next season will be good. But, every Sunday at ralph wilson stadium is a memorable one.

Dozerdog
11-20-2005, 11:36 PM
If they weren't the cheapest ticket in the league- I would have to reconsider the notion of driving 400 miles one way every game....but wins/Losses would not factor in at all

Demon
11-20-2005, 11:39 PM
you drive 400 miles every bills gameday??? you my friend, is what i consider hardcore.

The_Philster
11-21-2005, 08:17 PM
No way in hell would I not renew...that'd be like telling the team to go ahead and move :down:

Typ0
11-21-2005, 08:42 PM
these attitudes are exactly why the team sucks. Long live TD.

Pride
11-21-2005, 08:45 PM
I'm definitely not renewing. In fact... I am seriously considering not going to any games next year. This offseason I will be thinking long and hard about whether or not I will continue as a buffalo bills fan.

I will get negged to hell on this, but it costs me a fortune to come see a game, let alone 9 (8 reg and 1 pre season).

I've been a fan since born, and I can honestly say, that this season has broken my back. I have no love for this team. I am embarrassed to be a fan, and I don't see it being corrected anytime soon. As long as TD is there, this franchise is in trouble, and I am one of the people who truly believe this team will not be in Buffalo in 5 years.

I am bored of the tailgating (not the people, just the experience), I am tired of old delapidated (sp?) Ralph Wilson Stadium, I am tired of the lack of Multimedia presence prior to, during, and after the games. I am convinced that the Buffalo Bills organization is a Mickey Mouse organization who doesn't have any hopes of being an elite one.

The team and city are both washed up, and i am tired of "hoping" for it to be rectified to only be disappointed over and over again. Eventually you learn not to touch the hot stove, and I guess I am finally learning it.

Let the negging begin.

hammerbillsfan
11-21-2005, 08:59 PM
I'm definitely not renewing. In fact... I am seriously considering not going to any games next year. This offseason I will be thinking long and hard about whether or not I will continue as a buffalo bills fan.

I will get negged to hell on this, but it costs me a fortune to come see a game, let alone 9 (8 reg and 1 pre season).

I've been a fan since born, and I can honestly say, that this season has broken my back. I have no love for this team. I am embarrassed to be a fan, and I don't see it being corrected anytime soon. As long as TD is there, this franchise is in trouble, and I am one of the people who truly believe this team will not be in Buffalo in 5 years.

I am bored of the tailgating (not the people, just the experience), I am tired of old delapidated (sp?) Ralph Wilson Stadium, I am tired of the lack of Multimedia presence prior to, during, and after the games. I am convinced that the Buffalo Bills organization is a Mickey Mouse organization who doesn't have any hopes of being an elite one.

The team and city are both washed up, and i am tired of "hoping" for it to be rectified to only be disappointed over and over again. Eventually you learn not to touch the hot stove, and I guess I am finally learning it.

Let the negging begin.

Can I still sit with you on Sunday?

Pride
11-21-2005, 09:01 PM
Did you sell your tix?

hammerbillsfan
11-21-2005, 09:02 PM
working on it. :up:

Pride
11-21-2005, 09:07 PM
well I will be there, and right now, not planning on selling it to anyone else. so it is yours...

Dozerdog
11-21-2005, 10:23 PM

Let the negging begin.Have fun at the LAN parties!

Dozerdog
11-21-2005, 10:24 PM
Lack of multimedia presence?

"cmon- your kidding me- right? You need all that distraction to enjoy a football game?

What- do you have ADD or something?

Drive 4 Five
11-21-2005, 10:31 PM

Let the negging begin.

Damn bro. That pretty much puts it all in perspective right there. I wouldn't NEG you for making a statement like this. Sadly, I feel just about the same as you. My situation is a little different, but I have to say that the Bills of the 1990's are the whole reason I became a fan of this sport in the first place. They had so much heart, resiliency, drive and integrity. How could anyone not admire that team? I could not help but to fall in love with those Bills. Truly, they are the sole reason I watch the game today. These days, this franchise is nowehere close to what was once one of the greatest stories in ALL of professional sports. I too am ashamed of what we have been reduced to. Right now, this team is destroying my love for the game. But I'm stuck. I could never root for any other team. I would much sooner stop watching football all together.

Michael82
11-21-2005, 10:35 PM
Lack of multimedia presence?

"cmon- your kidding me- right? You need all that distraction to enjoy a football game?

What- do you have ADD or something?
and it's BS too. He makes a big deal about what the Ravens did with their jumbotrons and during timeouts. Wow! :boring:

Just for the record, San Diego does the same kind of stuff as Buffalo on the jumbotron.

Dozerdog
11-21-2005, 10:38 PM
Well- there is loyalty- and there are fair weather quitters. I admire those who are in it for the long haul- 14-2 teams along with 2-14 teams.

This team's history shows a lot more losing seasons than winning ones. What's next- too cold to go to the games? Yet the fans still show up.

That is love for a team.

Hey Pride- Don't like the team? Complain all you want. Don't like the stadium? Stay home and watch on TV. Call my city a dump? Go #@!%$ yourself.

clumping platelets
11-21-2005, 10:45 PM
If people stopped buying seasons, say hello to the LA Bills

Michael82
11-21-2005, 10:46 PM
Well- there is loyalty- and there are fair weather quitters. I admire those who are in it for the long haul- 14-2 teams along with 2-14 teams.

This team's history shows a lot more losing seasons than winning ones. What's next- too cold to go to the games? Yet the fans still show up.

That is love for a team.

Hey Pride- Don't like the team? Complain all you want. Don't like the stadium? Stay home and watch on TV. Call my city a dump? Go #@!%$ yourself.
Great post. :bf1:

Michael82
11-21-2005, 10:47 PM
If people stopped buying seasons, say hello to the LA Bills
Exactly. :ill:

:nervous: :scared:

ajsdx
11-21-2005, 10:51 PM
would you guys still root for the team if it moved? i love football, and i love the bills bc i was born in Buffalo. so if they moved, i'm teamless...but since i love the sport, what can i do? i'd prolly still root for them. but then they'd eventually change the color of the unis, and the name, and then it really won't be the same team anymore. but what other options are there? regionally, there's only the giants and jets, and historically i could never root for either. and if i just randomly picked a team, that would either be stupid or bandwagon jumping. ahhhh!!!

Dozerdog
11-21-2005, 10:54 PM
would you guys still root for the team if it moved? i love football, and i love the bills bc i was born in Buffalo. so if they moved, i'm teamless...but since i love the sport, what can i do? i'd prolly still root for them. but then they'd eventually change the color of the unis, and the name, and then it really won't be the same team anymore. but what other options are there? regionally, there's only the giants and jets, and historically i could never root for either. and if i just randomly picked a team, that would either be stupid or bandwagon jumping. ahhhh!!!That's a tough one. I'd have to reserve judgement until it happened.

camelcowboy
11-21-2005, 11:52 PM

Let the negging begin.

I won't neg you, but perhaps PRIDE isn't a name you should be using. Im buying seasons next year, there a very few things in life that i look forward too, The bills are one of them. Mickey Mouse yes, but still my team and still my home town. I know they suck, but they are mine non the less. This will be the last post of yours i read. Your no better to me then a dolphins fan.

Pride
11-22-2005, 07:29 AM
Dozer... I didnt know you lived in Buffalo!?! That must be a lot of traffic if it takes you 4 hours to get from Buffalo to the stadium!

Perhaps it is simply the fact that I am young and have come to expect certain things from a stadium. The newer stadiums in the league (that never seem to have a problem selling out games mind you) have a lot of multimedia going on.

I stand by what I said yesterday. I've been an avid supporter of this team for 20 years, and through 10 years of losing, bickering, heartless play and the like... I have stood by them. But at a certain point, you have to ask yourself "why do I do this?" "What does this team do for me?" "Why should they get MY loyalty?" Those questions get harder and harder to answer every year.

I don't have any loyalty to any of the players... because in all honesty, none of them have any loyalty to me or Buffalo. Free Agency has taken that all away.

I don't have any loyalty to the administration/coaches because... well they haven't shown they care enough about me to put a respectable product on the field in over 10 years!

So tell me... why should the Bills expect to have my loyalty next year? They aren't trying, so why should I?

Admittadly, it may be different if I still lived in WNY. Then I would have a personal stake in how well this team/organization performs. But, I live 6 hours away, and if the Bills left tomorrow... it would have no affect on me at all except emotionally. I dont have a vested interest in this team, the revenue it generates, or the tax breaks (if there are any).

Call me fair weather. That's fine. But I have supported this team since I have been alive... and maybe I am just coming to my senses before most of you and realizing that I may no longer want to spend my time, energy, and most importantly hard earned money on seeing these guys give 70% effort week in and week out, and keep lining the pockets of an owner who is NOT committed to winning!

Earthquake Enyart
11-22-2005, 07:42 AM
Pride should be fired immediately for such blasphemous thoughts. :down:

Night Train
11-22-2005, 08:00 AM
Our stadium is falling apart, you don't like the tailgating scene anymore but other cities have " Multimedia " things going on at the game ? Your views makes little to no sense.

I can understand the disgust in the current organization. That's shared by most here.

I still look forward to attending the games and spending time with great friends. I like our stadium and it's location.

Other cities " Sell out " all right. Usually to corporate. That's why the tickets for end zone seats cost more than my Club seats. The hardcore average fan is non-existent at those games.

It's all perception and the different lives we lead. I've been to over 300 games in person so I speak as a blind loyalist who started going to games in 1968, the year we won 1 game. Sat through a 3 foot snowstorm vs. Cinci in 1970. A hurricane vs. the Jets in 1974.

Many years later, It's still a blast.

BAM
11-22-2005, 08:02 AM
This thread is for the most part disappointing. BILLS FOR LIFE BABY!!!!!!!!!

:xtreme:

Crazygoo
11-22-2005, 08:07 AM
i have allready started saving for next year.

Pride
11-22-2005, 08:14 AM
Our stadium is falling apart, you don't like the tailgating scene anymore but other cities have " Multimedia " things going on at the game ? Your views makes little to no sense.

I can understand the disgust in the current organization. That's shared by most here.

I still look forward to attending the games and spending time with great friends. I like our stadium and it's location.

Other cities " Sell out " all right. Usually to corporate. That's why the tickets for end zone seats cost more than my Club seats. The hardcore average fan is non-existent at those games.

It's all perception and the different lives we lead. I've been to over 300 games in person so I speak as a blind loyalist who started going to games in 1968, the year we won 1 game. Sat through a 3 foot snowstorm vs. Cinci in 1970. A hurricane vs. the Jets in 1974.

Many years later, It's still a blast.
Do you drive 6 hours and spend 3 days devoted to each of those 300 games?

I didn't think so.

If I lived in Orchard park, maybe I wouldnt be as bitter. But the Buffalo Bills cost me on average $2500 per year to watch the games

2 season tix, parking, gas (6 hour drive each way), lodging (for some games), food, clothing.

For $2500, I want to be entertained, not disappointed over and over again.

camelcowboy
11-22-2005, 08:31 AM
Pride should be fired immediately for such blasphemous thoughts. :down:

:goodpost:

Pride
11-22-2005, 08:35 AM
i have allready started saving for next year.
You can have mine! They are great seats... 1 of which is on the aisle!

camelcowboy
11-22-2005, 08:39 AM
For the record Pride, why are you *****in about driving to Buffalo. The Bills actually show up and Play here. Just don't buy tickets to road games.

Crazygoo
11-22-2005, 08:41 AM
You can have mine! They are great seats... 1 of which is on the aisle!
i already have seats, where are yours?

BAM
11-22-2005, 08:46 AM
For the record Pride, why are you *****in about driving to Buffalo. The Bills actually show up and Play here. Just don't buy tickets to road games.

I was wondering the same thing. We've been pretty good at home so far this year.

Pride's not going anywhere, he's still very much a Buffalonian at heart. :hi5:

Pride
11-22-2005, 08:47 AM
Camelcowboy... good point! Too bad we didnt have 16 home games!

Section 118 Row 35 Seat 18-19 (aisle)

RedEyE
11-22-2005, 08:48 AM
If I had season tickets I wouldn't give them up. Still, it's frustrating as all hell to watch this continue.

Crazygoo
11-22-2005, 08:49 AM
ill stick with mine. Plus from the sounds of it, you like going to the games your just pissed at the results this year. It will turn around...someday

Pride
11-22-2005, 08:56 AM
The issue isnt so much do I enjoy going to the games.. because I do. I love football. Regardless of how bad we play, it is still football.

But, if someone asked me the question right now:

"You have $2500 to spend next year, and you have 2 choices... Bills Season Tickets (including travel expenses) or a Carribbean cruise"

I'd have to say I'd take the cruise! There is a lot more I could do with 2500 than watch a team continuously suck!

camelcowboy
11-22-2005, 08:58 AM
Camelcowboy... good point! Too bad we didnt have 16 home games!

Section 118 Row 35 Seat 18-19 (aisle)

Yeah, but the 2500 dollars you spend is to be "entertained" They do fine at home, You should stop paying for cable, or dish if you don't want to see them play on the road.

camelcowboy
11-22-2005, 09:00 AM
The issue isnt so much do I enjoy going to the games.. because I do. I love football. Regardless of how bad we play, it is still football.

But, if someone asked me the question right now:

"You have $2500 to spend next year, and you have 2 choices... Bills Season Tickets (including travel expenses) or a Carribbean cruise"

I'd have to say I'd take the cruise! There is a lot more I could do with 2500 than watch a team continuously suck!

Im sure the Carribbean cruise website needs a Mod as well :down:

Pride
11-22-2005, 09:01 AM
I dont mod around here... its a figment of your imagination. I just have the button because the admins cant figure out how to remove it (tongue in cheek)

Crazygoo
11-22-2005, 09:04 AM
I spend alot of money each year on the Bills games as well but it has been 4 years since i watched a home gaem on TV. I don't know what i would do if i didn't go to the game

Bill Brasky
11-22-2005, 09:41 AM
considering i drive almost 8 hours one way to go to games there's no way i'm renewing unless they have the best FA and Draft signings of all time... and if TD is still around we all know that won't happen.

there's no reason for me to spend upwards of $300 (after gas, tolls, food, tickets, etc) to go to each game if the team is full of a bunch of lazy ass crybabies who don't even give any effort.

footballhottie
11-22-2005, 09:44 AM
I WOULD NEVER DO IT EVER!

Pride
11-22-2005, 09:49 AM
considering i drive almost 8 hours one way to go to games there's no way i'm renewing unless they have the best FA and Draft signings of all time... and if TD is still around we all know that won't happen.

there's no reason for me to spend upwards of $300 (after gas, tolls, food, tickets, etc) to go to each game if the team is full of a bunch of lazy ass crybabies who don't even give any effort.
FINALLY! Someone who understands my plight!

footballhottie
11-22-2005, 09:51 AM
yeah i understand.....understand that you're not a bills fan

lol j/k :calm:

BAM
11-22-2005, 09:52 AM
I had fun driving there 7 hours and spending money even when we were 3-13. Of course, I don't have seasons and only make 2 or 3 games a year, but if I did I wouldn't get rid of them just because we suck this year. I always have a good time in Buffalo no matter what the circumstances. To each his/her own.

ScottLawrence
11-22-2005, 12:18 PM
So basically we are screwed either way is what some of you are saying?

We don't buy tickets, Donahoe is fired, but the team moves to the likes of LA.

We continue to go to the games, and support our team, but Donahoe stays, and the team continues on its losing ways?

Looks like a lose-lose situation to me.

Michael82
11-22-2005, 12:50 PM
So basically we are screwed either way is what some of you are saying?

We don't buy tickets, Donahoe is fired, but the team moves to the likes of LA.

We continue to go to the games, and support our team, but Donahoe stays, and the team continues on its losing ways?

Looks like a lose-lose situation to me.
Sucks doesn't it? :(

Voltron
11-22-2005, 01:52 PM
I am not renewing. Mostly because of the cost of everything else. Buffalo Bills tickets are still one of the best deals going and I enjoy the stadium experience. The problem is the 3 hour drive each way (miles on my car, cost of gas, ware and tear, parking, tailgating, etc etc) I have decided that next year I am going to a few Bills games (like opening weekend with the BZ!! :party: ) and I am going to get either a partial or full season of Syracuse Basketball. The Carrier Dome is a lot closer to my home than the Ralph.

Voltron
11-22-2005, 02:09 PM

That is love for a team.

Hey I live in Syracuse and we are much more of a Dump than Buffalo. At the same time it is not like he is telling a lie. Buffalo is a shadow of what it once was. That is not a knock on the people. That is just New York State as a whole. Albany, Syracuse, Buffalo, Utica, Rochester, Plattsburg, Binghamton ... they are all Dumps that have gone down hill real fast.

Remember that next time the same people that have been in office for 20 years get re-elected.

Four fifths of every dollar of state taxes collected get funneled to White Plains and below.

Demon
11-22-2005, 02:19 PM

What are you talking about? Yeah, we aren't winning on the field so let's all stop buying tickets!

You're with them when they win, you gotta be with them when they lose.

I'm not a fan who only supports a winning team. I am a fan of the BUFFALO Bills. As long as their the BUFFALO Bills, i'll love them.

Demon
11-22-2005, 02:28 PM

Let the negging begin.

I won't neg you, mostly because you'll neg me back and it's more of a hit for me. lol

You make some good points, the far drive you make is hardcore and should be noted, and you should be mad because you travel so far and their not winning. However, to call out the city and to say the Bills won't be back in Buffalo in 5 years, and the whole lack of multi-media thing, is why you should get negged.

Sorry man, we don't have a state of the art stadium like the Redskins or Seahawks. So we can't afford it big deal. Who cares? So we don't have Jessica Simpson sing the anthem before a game.

But, you're in the stadium with your closest friends cheering for your team. There's nothing like it. I wouldn't do anythign to change it. I love Buffalo and western NY and i love the Bills. Sure i wish we'd win more then lose, but, i'm not gonna quit and leave the team because of it.

Be proud of what you have. And don't neg on what we don't have.

The biggest problem with Buffalo sports fans is we're all, too spoiled from the early 90's. We demand so much, every season we demand so much, and realisticly looking, we're not that good. Think Cincy demanded this much when they were the Bungles? Or Arizona? Or Detriot? Every season, the demand and the pressure is high because fans are still too dumb to realize it's 2005 and Jim Kelly, Andre Reed, Bruce Smith, Thurman Thomas, Darryl Talley and the rest of that dynasty is gone forever.

Demon
11-22-2005, 02:29 PM
Hey I live in Syracuse and we are much more of a Dump than Buffalo. At the same time it is not like he is telling a lie. Buffalo is a shadow of what it once was. That is not a knock on the people. That is just New York State as a whole. Albany, Syracuse, Buffalo, Utica, Rochester, Plattsburg, Binghamton ... they are all Dumps that have gone down hill real fast.
Remember that next time the same people that have been in office for 20 years get re-elected.
Four fifths of every dollar of state taxes collected get funneled to White Plains and below.

Speak for yourself, Rochester is da ****.

Voltron
11-22-2005, 02:42 PM
Speak for yourself, Rochester is da ****.
Yeah just ask anyone who used to work at Kodak or Xerox :rolleyes:

Earthquake Enyart
11-22-2005, 02:42 PM
I am not renewing. Mostly because of the cost of everything else. Buffalo Bills tickets are still one of the best deals going and I enjoy the stadium experience. The problem is the 3 hour drive each way (miles on my car, cost of gas, ware and tear, parking, tailgating, etc etc) I have decided that next year I am going to a few Bills games (like opening weekend with the BZ!! :party: ) and I am going to get either a partial or full season of Syracuse Basketball. The Carrier Dome is a lot closer to my home than the Ralph.
Do they make big, ugly Syracuse Hawaiian shirts?

Voltron
11-22-2005, 02:44 PM
No But I can have my Mom make one for me :up:

EricStratton
11-22-2005, 02:54 PM

How about this gem.

THATHURMANATOR
11-22-2005, 04:17 PM
Not renewing tickets is not even an option. I have the dish package also. Just get both!

BillsPride12
11-22-2005, 08:19 PM
If Thurman or any Bill for that matter ends up making the HOF next year, I might use what would be my season ticket money and use it to make the trip to Canton and then just attend a few games. If no Bills are going to the HOF next year, most likely I will renew.

BillsFever21
11-22-2005, 10:29 PM

Exactly. They do just enough to keep the fans spending their money.

I had season tickets for 4 years prior to this but I didn't renew because my new job meant not getting the time off to attend the games. I'm glad I saved my money this year.

I had a good chunk of change saved and wiped out the entire bank account on season tickets for 4 years along with all the extra expenses and merchandise. I have 4 grand in this team the last 4 years for nothing.

I will continue to make it to a preseason game, home opener and one other game on the schedule but I don't see myself getting season tickets again even if my schedule changes next year. It's not worth all my vacation time and money to watch a team with no heart. Three trips a year is enough.

The only person who seemed to care on Sunday was Losman. Everyone else was going through the motions.

Dozerdog
11-22-2005, 11:21 PM
Dozer... I didnt know you lived in Buffalo!?! That must be a lot of traffic if it takes you 4 hours to get from Buffalo to the stadium!

Buffalo is where I was born, where I've lived, where I've buried freinds and family- where I've bled, where I've sweat, where I've given back to the community - where I've laughed, where I've cried- and god willing- where I die.

Buffalo is my city. I just live somewhere else.

Pride
11-23-2005, 07:29 AM
Bled? Sweat? Buried Friends? Can we be over dramatic?

So why dont you live there then?

Voltron
11-23-2005, 07:34 AM
Bled? Sweat? Buried Friends? Can we be over dramatic?

So why dont you live there then?
Cause it's a dump

:snicker:

Earthquake Enyart
11-23-2005, 07:36 AM
How about this gem.
Sweet. Does it come in XXXL?

Voltron
11-23-2005, 07:49 AM
Sweet. Does it come in XXXL?
Why does your new Girlfriend want one? :huh:

Jan Reimers
11-23-2005, 07:59 AM
I have another season to go on my contract, but beyond that, I will have to see some real progress in order to sign on for another 3 or 5 year term.

I'll always be a Bills' fan, but at some point I have to assess whether season tickets to watch a mediocre team are worth the time, effort and money.

It's a lot cheaper and easier to watch them on DirectTV.

Bill Brasky
11-26-2005, 01:58 PM
some of you ***** about the stadium, the city, the 'media' during/before the game... getting 'state of the art' would just drive up the ticket prices. personally, I don't mind the stadium. it's old, it's not in great shape, but it should remind everyone of the time when this team was a powerhouse, and a time when the NFL was about the game and the fans, not about making money and getting ratings.

it's not the fans' fault the city fell apart... blame the law makers and the state of ny for that mess.

the fact that this team thrives in a continually degrading market should give us fans a sense of pride. yeah, the city always seems to be "dying" and the state lawmakers give us a false sense of hope year in and year out... yeah the stadium is old... yeah the team has sucked for years now, but the fans keep coming back! that should count for something!

trust me, with the way population is growing, in 20 years, you people will be happy you live in a city with no pollution, no traffic, relatively cheap cost of living, and decent amount of things to go do w/o having to spend an arm and a leg and plan an entire day to go do it! be glad you don't have to plan an hour out of your day to sit in traffic to go to the grocery store. i've done more in downtown buffalo in the past year than i have in NYC. you should all be happy you don't have to spend 3 day's salary to take your significant other out for the night!

with all the potential buffalo, niagara falls, and WNY has at it's doorstep (tourism, waterfront, cheap housing, cheap cost of living, things to do), I wouldn't be surprised to see the city be reborn in the future. but it's gonna take a lot of work and the entire region needs to stop bickering and work together - not against each other. if BUF and NF weren't so concerned about getting 'their fair share of state money' and instead worked together to promote the region as a whole, there wouldn't be so many problems.

i wish i could move back, but until the state and the city decide to get their heads out of their ass, get their priorties straight, and start bringing in high-tech jobs, i'm stuck in major metropoliton ****holes broke and miserable as hell.

you guys all ***** about the state of the city, and being from WNY it's justified because I know where you're coming from, but if the community of WNY and more specifically Buffalo wasn't so down on itself, maybe it's perception to the rest of the world would be different. i know i take a lot of **** from everyone here for being from "such a dump", but when people talk bad about my city I just tell them how great it is and not to knock it until they've actually seen it for theirself... and when they do, they tell me it's not as bad as it's made out to be.

i've lived in a lot of different places, and still consider buffalo/WNY one of the best... don't knock it til you've suffered living in another ratrace town.

Typ0
11-26-2005, 03:08 PM
What are you talking about? Yeah, we aren't winning on the field so let's all stop buying tickets!
You're with them when they win, you gotta be with them when they lose.
I'm not a fan who only supports a winning team. I am a fan of the BUFFALO Bills. As long as their the BUFFALO Bills, i'll love them.

I disagree. I think the fans need to make a statement at this point...and ticket sales are exactly the statement they should be making. When TD was brought here we all knew he was one of the best at blowing smoke and keeping up ticket sales...but we have held out hope that he can help to bring us to the promised land as well. Since then, we have had two "yes sir" coaches with no experience who have done nothing but drive the team into the ground because they are just cutting their teeth. It's high time people stepped up and said screw you TD we aren't going to put up with your medicrity any more. If people keep buying those tickets...then TD is here until Ralph is gone. When that happens...they are going to look at the marketplace and see how disgusted people are....and they are going to bail and sell the team to an owner elsewhere. This win or lose attitude sucks! Sure, sometimes you win and sometimes you lose...but this settling for losing just because you have "pride" in your team and it somehow makes you feel good to lose and stay on board is not productive.

sba
11-26-2005, 03:15 PM
I disagree. I think the fans need to make a statement at this point...and ticket sales are exactly the statement they should be making. When TD was brought here we all knew he was one of the best at blowing smoke and keeping up ticket sales...but we have held out hope that he can help to bring us to the promised land as well. Since then, we have had two "yes sir" coaches with no experience who have done nothing but drive the team into the ground because they are just cutting their teeth. It's high time people stepped up and said screw you TD we aren't going to put up with your medicrity any more. If people keep buying those tickets...then TD is here until Ralph is gone. When that happens...they are going to look at the marketplace and see how disgusted people are....and they are going to bail and sell the team to an owner elsewhere. This win or lose attitude sucks! Sure, sometimes you win and sometimes you lose...but this settling for losing just because you have "pride" in your team and it somehow makes you feel good to lose and stay on board is not productive.

:goodpost:

Pretty much what I was getting at, send a message with your money.

Michael82
11-26-2005, 04:25 PM
Say goodbye to the Buffalo Bills then. :ill:

ScottLawrence
11-26-2005, 06:06 PM
Say good bye to the Buffalo Bills?

I don't buy it, when the Bills were perrenial losers in the early 70's to middle 80's, and made the playoffs only 3 times through that span, and the games sold out about only a couple times a year, there was no threat to move this team.

Yes, it is a small market team, but they are one of the most profitable in the league.

Ralph didn't move us back then, why would he now?

Think it through, its all BS to make the fans go to the games and sell out.

The_Philster
11-26-2005, 06:10 PM
Ralph didn't move us back then, why would he now?Do you really think Ralph will live forever? If we're not selling out games, what's to stop the new owner from moving our team to LA?

Bufftp
11-26-2005, 06:24 PM
Even if we sell out all the games that would not prevent a new owner of the Bills (after ralph passes) from moving the team, in fact expect it. Only if, and I mean only if a local group can buy the Bills will they stay in Buffalo, and that is a big if.

The_Philster
11-26-2005, 06:50 PM
Even if we sell out all the games that would not prevent a new owner of the Bills (after ralph passes) from moving the team, in fact expect it. Only if, and I mean only if a local group can buy the Bills will they stay in Buffalo, and that is a big if.That's true...just look at what happened to Cleveland...but personally, I'd rather not let the owner feel justified in doing it.

ScottLawrence
11-27-2005, 12:25 AM
This has nothing to do with Ralph dieing.

Ralphs the owner now, and if the fans don't go to the games, he isn't going to sell the team.(as proof in the 70-80 seasons)

Its just BS to make the fans go.

The_Philster
11-27-2005, 04:08 AM

Ralphs the owner now, and if the fans don't go to the games, he isn't going to sell the team.(as proof in the 70-80 seasons)

Its just BS to make the fans go.well if you wanna think Ralph is gonna live forever, have at it. :up:

Lone Stranger
11-27-2005, 06:26 AM
This has been quite an excellent discussion. I have been a season ticket-holder for 30+ years and have had the wide range of emotions expressed here. Whoever said we were in a lose-lose situation hit it right on the nail.

Someone else reflected on the economic conditions in Upstate NY. Yeah, great job Hillary. Those 70,000 jobs she was going to bring to WNY.

We are truly caught in a dilemna; rising ticket price, deteriorating economy, deteriorating football team with little apparent hope for improvement(as long as TD is around). Where do we go from here?

BillsFever21
11-27-2005, 09:27 AM

Good post. Nothing gets fixed as long as the buts are still in the seats.

There's been hope the last few years at the start of the season. Take a season where everyone knows we will suck like 4 years ago(3-13) and the seats will be empty.

BillsFever21
11-27-2005, 09:29 AM
If people wanna waste their money on a bad team more power to them. I did for 4 straight years. I had fun but that $1,000 a year could be used elsewhere then on a team who isn't doing anything to improve. A couple games a year is enough.

When they show me the dedication to winning then I'll show the dedication of my money to them. Till then 2 games a year is enough.

It's not worth every vacation day I have to make it up to the games to watch a team who isn't playing with any heart.

BAM
11-27-2005, 10:30 AM
Good posting guys. I didn't realize we had so many fairweather fans here.

The_Philster
11-27-2005, 07:28 PM
Good posting guys. I didn't realize we had so many fairweather fans here.at least we know who won't complain if we lose the team after Ralph passes :up:

imbondz
11-27-2005, 07:30 PM
no worries, Ralph has a good 15-20 years left

The_Philster
11-27-2005, 07:31 PM
no worries, Ralph has a good 15-20 years leftI hope so...I'm not looking forward to not having a football team here :ill:

Devin
11-27-2005, 07:35 PM

Its just BS to make the fans go.

This isnt a very well thought out statement.

L.A. Playa
11-27-2005, 07:35 PM
In all seriousness, I always remember my dad saying before the Bills ever went to the Super Bowl that he never trusted Wilson, that he was just money hungry. Seems as if he put a good product on the field for a series of years, but how much of that was just luck ?? It made Wilson look like a great guy in WNY, but seriously I really dont see his commotment to winning in Buffalo over the last 10 years, if not for Flutie this team was gone already, makes you wonder what his real agenda is

TheGhostofJimKelly
11-27-2005, 08:15 PM
I actually gave up my split-seasons last year. The guy that I split with moved to Atlanta and I didn't want to commit to the whole season. I did go to two games so far this year, including today.

Voltron
11-29-2005, 02:51 PM
Someone else reflected on the economic conditions in Upstate NY. Yeah, great job Hillary. Those 70,000 jobs she was going to bring to WNY.

She hasn't done anything she has promised but I guarantee she gets reelected. People in this state don't seem to care who is in office and what they get done. Proof can be seen in our state assembly. Same people who cause the budget problems every year get reelected over and over. :rolleyes:

Typ0
11-29-2005, 04:43 PM
I'm not a fairweather fan. I'm still a fan win or lose...but I don't like someone blowing smoke up my ass either and I feel like I have a lot of bloating that is more smoke pouring out than last night beans.

sdbillsfan2
11-29-2005, 06:01 PM
Maybe you all will think I'm crazy ,,,,,,,I'm not in Bflo but have been a Bills fan since the beginning ! I know some are talking about not renewing you seasons tickets ,,i can see all sides to this debate ,pro and con .!
My idea has always been ,get the fans together ,...pick a game.... and say sometime in the 3rd quarter or so ..everyone leave their seats .! can you imagine the press coverage if the stadium suddenly emptied out for a series or two?go for a beer.... take a leak .what ever ..just make sure all the TV cameras catch are empty seat!
Who doesn't think that would drive home the point that the fans are ready for change and that they are united for a front office change at OBP ? It would be like a mini protest with maxium coverage ! I'd say it's the lead football story that night on sports center !!!
Heck .you probably wouldn't miss a whole lot of action anyway!
Since the fans have the real power ..you might as well use it !

realdealryan
11-29-2005, 06:07 PM
That would actually be very funny if not for the considerable logistical nightmare it represents. Not enough room for everyone, trampling, the amount of fat and lazy fans who would stay put. Maybe just behind one end zone so that when a kick is attempted, no one is there.

Voltron
11-30-2005, 09:45 AM
That would actually be very funny if not for the considerable logistical nightmare it represents. Not enough room for everyone, trampling, the amount of fat and lazy fans who would stay put. Maybe just behind one end zone so that when a kick is attempted, no one is there.
It happens every Half time ... I don't see how it couldn't work at any other time.

EricStratton
11-30-2005, 09:50 AM
It happens every Half time ... I don't see how it couldn't work at any other time.

A few years ago about 10000-15000 people got up and left in the 5th inning of a Yankee/Royals game to protest the big mrket/small market gap.

It took a radio station a couple weeks to plan it but it worked and looked good on TV.

sba
12-06-2005, 12:36 AM
I've re-evaluated my stance. This team isn't seeing a dime out of me in 2006. Even if sweeping changes are made, we're still going to suck for another 3-4 years until the new regime.

That's not even what bothers me though. The thing that set me off was the benching of Eric Moulds, and the utter word vomit that spews from most of the posters here who barely even know the guy. I imagine most of the people that are running the guy out of town on a rail have seen him play for maybe 2-3 years tops. I also assume that these are the people I see on Sundays that go to games because it's "cool" and it's a giant party. Of course you'll still go to the games, it's an excuse to go get completely wasted and hoot & hollar for a whole Sunday.

I'm sorry that the young fans of this team didn't get to grow up in the era of the Super Bowl years. To be in the stands at games like The Comeback. To understand that players like Eric Moulds have always wanted what I've wanted, to see this team win. For him to be disrespected by the morons in charge at OBD yesterday was my breaking point. When we were up 21-0 and they mentioned the Moulds benching, I sat on my couch and said that I wanted them to lose. And when it was happening, I was actually very happy about it.

It shows what a total joke that this organization has become. It's a far cry from the early 90's when Kelly, Thurman, Bruce, Tasker, Reed, Talley, Bennett, etc, wore that logo, and our colors (our real colors, not this bull**** we wear now), and wore it with pride and respect. Those players gave a **** about the fans, and gave a **** about each other. Moulds is a throwback to those guys. The only other guys on this team that come close to that are Spikes and Fletcher.

So have fun watching a sub-par product on the field, those of you who don't go to the Ralph just to drink and act like jacka**es. I want to love this team and enjoy the atmosphere at the Ralph, but unfortunately I don't like what's on the field right now, and I don't care much for a lot of what's in the stands either.

Bmax
12-06-2005, 01:40 AM
Yee of little faith......For your info the buffalo is on the rebound.. Slowly but surely...People are losing jobs everyone in manufacturing.. Buffalo and erie county will climb out of it's hole once we rid our selves of the worst manger in the area..

No not tom donahoe or mike mularkey... The only guy who is hated by everyone in the area.. Non football fans, fans, the rich, the poor, black, white, hispanic, asian ...etc.. democrats, republicans, dogs, cats, rats....you name it ......WHO IS IT YOU MAY ASK ?

JOEL GIAMBRA- THE GUY HAS 3.5 PERCENT FAVORABLE RATING...

I got a call form the bills today.. i moved back to buffalo in 03 and had seasons in 04.. i didn't renew in 05 but bought tickets to 5 games this season..
If here i will do seasons in 06.. just have to convince my brother or find a buddy to go in with.. When i return the bills call later today, i will let them know that i expect big changes in 06 or else i'm goning to stay home...

I 'll just save my money and support a true winning team the buffalo sabres.....

Go sabres .....

Bmax

dolphinssuck
12-06-2005, 06:01 AM
NEVER I mean I believe in loyalty to my team (not questioning anyones loyalty or love for this team) I just know Ive been a Bills fan for so long and could pull for another team! I truly feel they will turn things around in time though I never would have thought they would have had such along dry spell! BILLS to the end!