PDA

View Full Version : Big Problems (Long Post)

Scumbag College
11-20-2005, 06:53 PM
Nowadays with parody in the NFL, there's no excuse for four straight years of mediocrity or sub-mediocrity. With the draft and free agency, bad teams can turn to average, and average teams can turn into great teams. Look at where teams like Pittsburgh, Jacksonville, Seattle, and Carolina were a few years ago. Very average...but with the right moves they have turned into very good teams. Even some bad teams have turned into good teams, like Cincinnatti, San Diego, and Chicago.

There are definately big problems from the GM and coaches, down to the personnel on this team. I believe there is no way around turning this franchise around other than evaluating every player, coach, and front office staff. I'm now a believer in not only getting rid of Donahoe at the end of this season, but also the coaching staff other than Bobby April. Also, alot of veteran players whom are fan favorites and/or big salary cap numbers have to go. Adams, Posey, Milloy Vincent, Mike Williams, Clements, and Moulds unfortunately may have to be let go after this year.

I don't think there's a rosy picture that can be painted for 2006 if all of these players, coaches, and GM are let go after this year. Look at what Miami and San Francisco are going through. After 10 or so years of winning and being playoff teams or contenders, they had to virtually rebuild. Miami is now 3-7 and San Fran is now 2-8, but they are freeing up cap room and after a year or two of rebuilding through free agency and the draft, they might be right back into the playoff race.

I think it's time for the Bills to cut ties with many veterans, coaches, and front office. It might get ugly, but it's the only way the Bills will ever be able to ever to contend for a Super Bowl again. Maybe it's 2007, 2008 before they get back into the playoffs, but if the Bills stay the course and don't make these changes, I think mediocrity and 7-9 records are all the Bills and their fans will have to look forward to for years to come.

socalfan
11-20-2005, 07:48 PM
I agree there is plenty of parody in the NFL....TD is a parody of a GM, M Williams is a parody of a donut eating offensive lineman, T Vincent is a parody of a hard hitting safety, and the rest of the Bills are a parody of an NFL football team.

footballhottie
11-20-2005, 08:08 PM
THANK U!

X-Era
11-20-2005, 08:27 PM
I agree there is plenty of parody in the NFL....TD is a parody of a GM, M Williams is a parody of a donut eating offensive lineman, T Vincent is a parody of a hard hitting safety, and the rest of the Bills are a parody of an NFL football team.

You and I are virtually on the same page. I read yours, read mine...yes its long but I hopefully gave it meat.

Its time to take action (even though we really cant do anything tangible). Stand up and speak up next time we skip the Damien Woodys to sign Bennie Andersons. Its probably gonna happen again when guys like Steve Hutchinson and LeCharles Bentley get signed elsewhere.

FrankPCool
11-20-2005, 08:37 PM
Is that you Philbur?

Scumbag College
11-20-2005, 10:43 PM
Wow frank, we're gonna need lots of Old English in the parking lot before the Panthers game next week.

FrankPCool
11-21-2005, 05:51 PM
2 40s, 2 dueces each, and then a whole lot of dippin