PDA

View Full Version : WGR "The Coach"

bills&sabresmvf
11-20-2005, 07:53 PM
I can't wait to hear what "The Coach" (Chuck Dickerson) is going to have to say tomorrow. When the Bills do bad he always has some funny things to say. The one about fat chicks with pretty eyes and that you're not going to date them made me die!

Novacane
11-20-2005, 08:04 PM
A lot of people hate him because he's so negative but he's right a lot of the time. He said Donahoe was a bad hire when he first came here and was bashed for saying it. Guess he was right

Demon
11-20-2005, 08:36 PM
I've always liked him. Says it the way he sees it and doesn't bow down to like guys who are way above him, like the president of the bills. If you do something bad, he will say it, knowing he will get bashed.

The Spaz
11-20-2005, 08:43 PM
Chuck Dickerson is a complete idiot if you disagree with him you are wrong. There was a reason he was off the air for a while.

bills&sabresmvf
11-20-2005, 09:08 PM
right, but brings good entertainment...bring him back...

BillsPride12
11-20-2005, 09:14 PM
I love listening to what he has to say. Whether you love him or late him, you have to agree he is very entertaining.

ScottLawrence
11-20-2005, 10:51 PM
I love the things he has to say.

I think hes hilarious, and right at the same time.

X-Era
11-20-2005, 10:53 PM
I can't wait to hear what "The Coach" (Chuck Dickerson) is going to have to say tomorrow. When the Bills do bad he always has some funny things to say. The one about fat chicks with pretty eyes and that you're not going to date them made me die!

Cant deal. Ist like Howard Stern on the Bills. Its always negative and always to hear himself talk and boost his own ego.

Give me sonething to look forward to not just perpetual *****ing.

The media is always a year old, rarely right, and never looking forward.

Michael82
11-22-2005, 07:06 PM
He has said all year that the Bills are lacking one thing and I totally agree with him....

Heart!

billsburgh
11-23-2005, 12:26 AM
He has said all year that the Bills are lacking one thing and I totally agree with him....
Heart!
rename the team. the Buffalo Tinmen. follow the yellow brick road. were off to see the wizard.

Michael82
11-23-2005, 07:57 AM
rename the team. the Buffalo Tinmen. follow the yellow brick road. were off to see the wizard.
:lmao:

Some of the players could be renamed the Buffalo Lions because they are cowards, while others could be renamed the Buffalo Scarecrow because they lack a brain. :sigh:

R. Rich
11-23-2005, 09:47 AM
Dickerson is a knowledgeable guy who is also a passionate fan. He likes to hear himself talk and doesn't like people to disagree w/ him. He praises the team when they win and tears them a new one when they lose.

Sounds like a lot of you.

ratso
11-23-2005, 10:24 AM
What:

This guy was a malcontent and couldnt evlaute talent if it fell out of the sky and landed on his face.

Remeber-Porky Parker, Porky Parker, Porky Parker??????

Memo: When you cut a guy and he is picked up the very next day by another conference team, immidately starts the next week for that team and then goes on to get a sweet free agent deal from the Giants and then gives them four or five great years-you made a mistake

Thanks to the "Coach" for running him out of town. Jim Kelly appreciates it

Remeber Corbin Lacina??????

He couldnt run that guy out of here fast enough and he went on to play for the Bucs for fifteen years.

HE WAS A LINE COACH??????? Idiot. I better go and see about my smelly jock strap- real original

lordofgun
11-23-2005, 01:46 PM
Love Coach Dickerson. :up:

The_Philster
11-23-2005, 05:42 PM
Dickerson is a knowledgeable guy who is also a passionate fan. He likes to hear himself talk and doesn't like people to disagree w/ him. He praises the team when they win and tears them a new one when they lose.

Sounds like a lot of you.not half as knowledgeable as he likes to think he is, though

fushetti
11-24-2005, 02:18 PM
What:

This guy was a malcontent and couldnt evlaute talent if it fell out of the sky and landed on his face.

Remeber-Porky Parker, Porky Parker, Porky Parker??????

Memo: When you cut a guy and he is picked up the very next day by another conference team, immidately starts the next week for that team and then goes on to get a sweet free agent deal from the Giants and then gives them four or five great years-you made a mistake

Thanks to the "Coach" for running him out of town. Jim Kelly appreciates it

Remeber Corbin Lacina??????

He couldnt run that guy out of here fast enough and he went on to play for the Bucs for fifteen years.

HE WAS A LINE COACH??????? Idiot. I better go and see about my smelly jock strap- real original

God, you have problems....

Lacina went to the Vikings... he only played a few more years after he was let go from Buffalo, not 15 for TB.

Glenn Parker's last year in Buffalo was also Kelly's last year in the NFL. I'm sure Jim thanked him very much for the 7 or so seasons they played together.

Did I read your post right? Or did it say the Giants were a "conference team." Last time i checked they were in the NFC.

How can you equate a radio personality's rantings on a local radio station to the Buffalo Bills releasing a player? How did Chuck Dickerson run anyone out of town? There were times when Parker and Lacina totally blew... Dickerson was SUPPOSED to be the view from the station that wasn't the Bills' flagship and he was supposed to be the angry ex-employee. I believe WGR's old motto was "Voice of the Bills Fan" He portrayed that well.

Lastly, "The Coach" is wildly entertaining. When i travel back to Albany from Buffalo on Sundays after Bills losses... er games, I listen to him on WHAM in Roch and he tells it like it is. I always loved that.

I hate to rip into your post in the manner in which I did, but your opinion of a guy with a microphone is totally ridiculous

WHO LOVES YA BABY!!

bills&sabresmvf
11-24-2005, 03:28 PM
Who Loves ya' baby! I love it...good post fushetti!

DynaPaul
11-24-2005, 03:39 PM
He is entertaining to a degree. I don't know if I could listen to him for like a 3 hour show. We don't get him out here in the Albany area so I go to the WGR550 site to hear his Monday morning call in.

BillsPride12
11-24-2005, 07:53 PM
I'm not saying I would want him as a coach or he is some kind of football genius, but in some sick kind of way it actually helps me to listen to him after a Bills loss. You can't deny his passion, and he can be very entertaining at times. My favorite moment from his segment this season was after the Pats game and some kid called in and complained about Bills fans giving Bruschi a hard time and he flipped out on him:bighug:

The_Philster
11-24-2005, 08:15 PM
He has passion because he still has an axe to grind against the organization because he was fired for being a loud-mouthed idiot

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
11-24-2005, 08:35 PM
I remember Empire showing a taping of the Marv Levy show and all their other old shows that they did just before they went :offair: and Marv just ripped The Coach big time up one side and down the other. It was so :funny: God I miss Empire so much :teary:

BillsPride12
11-24-2005, 11:12 PM
I saw that too and it was hilarious and thats why I wouldn't want him as a coach, but he is very funny to listen to after a loss. And he is usually right about the stuff after the Bills games and thats the sad thing. Compared to Mularky Dickerson sounds like the second coming of Lombardi haha!

bills&sabresmvf
11-25-2005, 12:03 AM
a loud mouth idiot that could talk sense...the Bills organization hates those people...Quiet Mularkey and all the quiet coaches are the best for this organization now cause that'll get them to where they want to be...a losing team! Dickerson would put it straight and tell them what we need to do if he was still coaching. Also the offensive line coach a few years back Carl Mauk (can't spell, sorry if I'm wrong), had a mouth on him and the o-line wasn't bad, he was emotional. I don't see that anymore.

bills&sabresmvf
11-25-2005, 12:04 AM
btw...I miss Empire too, I worked there for a year and now they're closed, I miss all the Buffalo talk....Fan TV baby!

DynaPaul
11-25-2005, 07:51 AM
Yeah we could stand to have a more passionate coach out there. Mularkey just looks confused, embrassed, and insecure. Definitely not the ideal leader.

ratso
11-25-2005, 12:36 PM
Misinformed about Tampa-Lacina Played and STARTED for four more years with Minnesota. See who rolled though that position all during that time with Buffalo. Probably could have saved alot of time, money and effort

Parker got picked up by Kansas City started on the Sunday after the Tuesday he was picked up finsihed the season with then and the Giants outbid the Chiefs at the end of the year in free agency. Kansas City is in our conference last time I checked.

You have never been so wrong in your life that these jackasses dont have some say in what goes on. Remeber the "Coach Killer" Peter Brown in Chicago? or Mike and the bloated Mad Dog in NY? They get on a rant ,get enough people to believe in it and then it spreads like wildfire especially in a one horse news town like Buffalo. There has been a feature reports done on ESPN about these guys and GM's all over the country have admitted that they listen to these guys and are influenced at times feeling that they are the "Voice of the Fan" -give me a break

Parker blew because Dickerson made you believe he blew. How would you know the true value of an offensive lineman? Do you know the difference between good and bad offensive line technique? I know I dont. The only time anyone hears about an offensive lineman is when they get called for holding or they are injured. This is why you need someone who does not have an ax to grind with the then current management to five an honest opinion about players. You still didnt answer my original question then. If he blew, how could he have been picked up two days after you release him and then go on to a good career??? Same with Lacina. It is one thing to get picked up and another to start the majority of the time you spend with that team. This was my original point. He called out guys in his supposed area of specialty and did help get them run. Poilan was a big fan of Parker and Lacina for years.

If Dickerson is the voice of the Bills Fan then we are in bigger trouble then I first percieved. I am not a conspiracy guy but dont be fooled to think that these guys dont read the paper and listen to the radio.