PDA

View Full Version : what happened to "nobody circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills"?

OpIv37
11-20-2005, 08:41 PM
I've never seen a team with so little fight in them. They actually had me believing, briefly, after a win against KC and a better-than-expected performance in NE. But once again, they prove they can't beat a quailty opponent on the road. The Bills haven't come from behind even once this year, they can't play on the road and they generally can't beat good teams (KC being the lone exception).

I ****ing hate NE, but that team knows how to get it together. When they're in a tough spot, they rally. They come from behind, they find ways to beat quality opponents. And it's infuriating that they can do it and we can't. Rather than take advantage of NE's precarious 6-4 record at the top of the division, the Bills bumble and once again embarrass themselves on the road. Meanwhile, NE overcomes a slew of injuries to win a road game (granted, against an inferior opponent).

I wish this team had some- I don't know the right word- pick one: fight, pride, guts, swagger- something like that. You know how sometimes teams blow leads because they start playing to "not lose" instead of "to win"? This team feels like it's always playing to not lose, and it never works.

hammerbillsfan
11-20-2005, 08:42 PM
They leave the wagons at home when they go on the road.
It's mindboggling. :puke:

Billzz
11-20-2005, 08:52 PM
I've never seen a team with so little fight in them. They actually had me believing, briefly, after a win against KC and a better-than-expected performance in NE. But once again, they prove they can't beat a quailty opponent on the road. The Bills haven't come from behind even once this year, they can't play on the road and they generally can't beat good teams (KC being the lone exception).
I ****ing hate NE, but that team knows how to get it together. When they're in a tough spot, they rally. They come from behind, they find ways to beat quality opponents. And it's infuriating that they can do it and we can't. Rather than take advantage of NE's precarious 6-4 record at the top of the division, the Bills bumble and once again embarrass themselves on the road. Meanwhile, NE overcomes a slew of injuries to win a road game (granted, against an inferior opponent).
I wish this team had some- I don't know the right word- pick one: fight, pride, guts, swagger- something like that. You know how sometimes teams blow leads because they start playing to "not lose" instead of "to win"? This team feels like it's always playing to not lose, and it never works.

NE was at home, We suck playing in Cali period not just road which compounds it.

You are correct we blow chunks and couldn't hold most of NE's players jocks position for position. Mostly it's Brady making them better then they are.

We have no testicles and seem to just get run right the **** over on defense every game no matter what.

We need some serious help in various areas.

slakjaw157
11-20-2005, 08:56 PM
We need some serious help in various areas.

Of course even though you said various, we all know you meant to say all.

X-Era
11-20-2005, 09:00 PM

I am 300% onboard with you here. I honestly believe that it should come from your on the field leaders. That they should instill the tough mentality. Kelly's attitude was a HUGE reason we went to the SB's. We finally have that mentality again in Losman and ruined it, at least this year, by cowaring to guys who DONT have it like Moulds.

I honestly believe that there is NO ONE on this team short of Losman that has a true fiery winners attitude. Guys like Peyton, and Ray Lewis have the right attitude and the teams reap the rewards. But I feel like I have watched Moulds half ass his way through the whole year this year. Yeah he talks, but he doesnt have the fight in him anymore. I hnoestly can say I haven seen him truly open maybe less that 5 times this year.

The team has no heart. I really cant blame them. They are perpetually stuck with the next- plow towards an unlikely playoff berth only to have Drew stink it up against the 3rd string Pitt D. Or, the Music City Miracle.

Thats why I say, not only should we cut ALOT of overpaid vets at this point, but we should cut the guys who have the exerience at lacking mental toughness in favor of young guys that havent been "tainted".

Billzz
11-20-2005, 09:03 PM
Of course even though you said various, we all know you meant to say all.

I was trying to be nice:yucky:

Meathead
11-20-2005, 09:04 PM
http://www.texasbeyondhistory.net/forts/griffin/images/warrensketch-sm.jpg

OpIv37
11-20-2005, 09:39 PM
I honestly believe that there is NO ONE on this team short of Losman that has a true fiery winners attitude.

Spikes absolutely does, but it doesn't matter when he's injured.

hammerbillsfan
11-20-2005, 09:45 PM
http://www.forttours.com/images/warrenwagon.jpg

A red x. I'm dissapointed in you Meathead. :shakeno:

:x:

DynaPaul
11-20-2005, 10:05 PM
No one circles the bowl like the Buffalo Bills do on the road! - DevilPaul

BAM
11-20-2005, 10:33 PM
If ony we played every game at home.

X-Era
11-20-2005, 10:35 PM
Spikes absolutely does, but it doesn't matter when he's injured.

So true. I seriously forgot about him. That is SO wrong on so many levels. Spikes has EXACTLY the right metantality and should be THE focal point of the D going forward.

Meathead
11-20-2005, 11:17 PM
A red x. I'm dissapointed in you Meathead. :shakeno:

what :x:?

Historian
11-21-2005, 06:58 AM
Cannot circle wagons while getting scalped...

Jan Reimers
11-21-2005, 07:01 AM
The wagons have all burned down and we have no will to fight.

We surrendered yesterday without so much as a whimper.

Bufftp
11-21-2005, 07:26 AM
It's hard to circle the wagons when the wheels have fallen off.

Crazygoo
11-21-2005, 07:37 AM
If ony we played every game at home.

i don't know if my liver could handle that.

Cntrygal
11-21-2005, 07:18 PM
It's like in the Longest Yard when that guard's steroids got switched with estrogen.

G. Host
11-21-2005, 09:30 PM
It is hard to circle the wagons when the supporters are pulling the pegs out of the wheels and selling rifles to the Indians. Hopefully a lot of fans with backbones of Jets fans will switch teams.