PDA

View Full Version : We have major attitude problems!

Mitchy moo
11-20-2005, 10:25 PM
The announcers today mentioned that Willis Mcgahee said he is the best back in the league.

Nate said he is a shutdown player.

Sam Adams refuses to listen to coaches and gets his big *** benched.

JP talks about being a Hall of famer & one of the greatest.

We will be a hall of fame defense this season.

This is the message for the team as a whole. You have bigger mouths than the efforts you make. You have done basically nothing this year to speak of except embarrass yourself. Everytime one of you speaks of greatness you walk the line and look real stupid when you fall off.

Best advice:

Fire your agents and find new advisors. To many people work to hard in Buffalo to make ends meet and you losers cannot even back up your multi-millionaire contracts you have to fall back on. We like hard working folks here, not hard talking.

Talking is for losers, actually doing it makes you a winner. Do it and then talk about it, it will make all of us winners.

Devin
11-20-2005, 10:29 PM
NOW this is a great post dude!

:bf1:

COuldnt agree more.

Dozerdog
11-20-2005, 10:30 PM
:up:

OpIv37
11-20-2005, 10:32 PM
Skooby, I think you're starting to get it. Acknowledging problems doesn't make you any less of a fan.

Good post, and I totally agree. I think Nate's whole thing is that he's trying to get the word out since it's his contract year. JP and the D were just trying to set goals, but I agree that it's ridiculous to say that stuff in the media when you can't back it up on the field.

Sam and Willis just need to shut the **** up and play.

X-Era
11-20-2005, 10:33 PM
The announcers today mentioned that Willis Mcgahee said he is the best back in the league.

This is the message for the team as a whole. You have bigger mouths than the efforts you make. You have done basically nothing this year to speak of except embarrass yourself. Everytime one of you speaks of greatness you walk the line and look real stupid when you fall off.

Best advice:

Fire your agents and find new advisors. To many people work to hard in Buffalo to make ends meet and you losers cannot even back up your multi-millionaire contracts you have to fall back on. We like hard working folks here, not hard talking.

Talking is for losers, actually doing it makes you a winner. Do it and then talk about it, it will make all of us winners.

FUGG YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! 'cept for the crack on JP. I didnt hear him say that. JP is the ONLY guy with the RIGHT mentality at this point.

X-Era
11-20-2005, 10:34 PM
Skooby, I think you're starting to get it. Acknowledging problems doesn't make you any less of a fan.

Good post, and I totally agree. I think Nate's whole thing is that he's trying to get the word out since it's his contract year. JP and the D were just trying to set goals, but I agree that it's ridiculous to say that stuff in the media when you can't back it up on the field.

Sam and Willis just need to shut the **** up and play.

Why isnt Moulds in your- first -in-line-to-shut-the-fug-up-and-play- line?

Drive 4 Five
11-20-2005, 10:38 PM
Nicely put Scoob.

OpIv37
11-20-2005, 10:40 PM
Why isnt Moulds in your- first -in-line-to-shut-the-fug-up-and-play- line?

Point taken- I was responding to Skooby and he didn't mention Moulds by name, but you're right. He's had one good game this year.

X-Era
11-20-2005, 10:43 PM
Point taken- I was responding to Skooby and he didn't mention Moulds by name, but you're right. He's had one good game this year.

Tell me Im wrong. Please.

How many plays can you count from memory where Moulds got open? Play along.

Kerr
11-20-2005, 10:46 PM
Yeah, right after Willis fumbled the ball, the first thing that came to mind was the comment he made that he was the best back in the nfl. Willis needs to backup his mouth if he's going to say something like that. He should look at LT when he thinks about great backs. LT is the total package. He is quite possibly the best back in the league right now.

L.A. Playa
11-20-2005, 11:00 PM
well let me chime in on the "attitude" problem I sat 6 rows behind the Bills bench onthe 50 yard line. In warm ups Eric Moulds was no where near JP, and Holcomb and Matthews wher dicussing startegy and going over game photos during the game while JP was walking around on the sidelines looking like a lost school boy. One play Willis came off the field shaking his head and throwing his hands up in the air in disgust because JP did something wrong the coaches had to talk to him to calm him down, the whole teams body language and reaction to JP was that they did not like him and definitely didnt respect him.

the whole teams body language and energy from warmups was like they didnt even have a chance todaym was a scary site to see in person, I dont know what it all means but from what I saw today the only offensive player that likes or respects JP is Josh Reed after oneseries JP was trying totalk to Willis and the WR's and they looked at him like he was crazy and get the **** out of my face and after he left they al started talking amongst themselves itdidnt look encouragimg at all and I am an optimist

X-Era
11-20-2005, 11:04 PM
well let me chime in on the "attitude" problem I sat 6 rows behind the Bills bench onthe 50 yard line. In warm ups Eric Moulds was no where near JP, and Holcomb and Matthews wher dicussing startegy and going over game photos during the game while JP was walking around on the sidelines looking like a lost school boy. One play Willis came off the field shaking his head and throwing his hands up in the air in disgust because JP did something wrong the coaches had to talk to him to calm him down, the whole teams body language and reaction to JP was that they did not like him and definitely didnt respect him.

the whole teams body language and energy from warmups was like they didnt even have a chance todaym was a scary site to see in person, I dont know what it all means but from what I saw today the only offensive player that likes or respects JP is Josh Reed after oneseries JP was trying totalk to Willis and the WR's and they looked at him like he was crazy and get the **** out of my face and after he left they al started talking amongst themselves itdidnt look encouragimg at all and I am an optimist

Not to worry, they merely see JP as a strange, dazzling, eary figure that seems to have the RIGHT approach. Most of them wont survive another offseason and will end up with other losers like Me-Shwan, and Terry Glenn.

What? you mean a young QB with a hard ass winners attitude rubs some lazy overpaid vets the wrong way?

say it isnt so!

L.A. Playa
11-20-2005, 11:14 PM
JP looked lost on the sidelines and got very little coaching,he had that look of the guy who tries really hard but had no friends judging from the body language this team has quit on Mularkey and JP

Kerr
11-20-2005, 11:23 PM

This really is discouraging. Somebody better talk to those guys and let them know jp is the man, their boss, their general on the field. They are acting like, no, they are highly paid brats. It is unprofessional for them to even act like this with their qb. They don't have to talk to him off the field or hang out, but on the field it should be a didderent story. I'm disgusted with these guys.

Lexwhat
11-21-2005, 03:24 AM

This certainly is sad to see. A divided team will never win, especially with the lack of talent we have on our team. With that being said, I think this is strictly Mularkey's fault. It's obvious the veterans on this team have no respect for him. And why would they? Mularkey is obviously not ready to coach in the NFL and his play-calling is garbage just like Tom Clements play-calling was...

I don't like to keep bringing up Drew Bledsoe, but at least Bledsoe kept this team together...does anyone disagree?

I think Willis has a winning attitude. I don't care if he is cocky, I think he usually does the best he can in games. The fact is, Mularkey and Clements don't know don't utilize a great talent like him properly. We should be using Willis the same way SD uses LT. A guy like Willis needs AT LEAST 30 touches a game (Receptions as well as Carries -- 25 rushes, 6 catches average?)...does anyone disagree with this? Oh yea, and adding 2 or 3 O-Linemen probally wouldn't hurt either. I loved the way SD lined LT up at the WR spot too. They maximize his talent and the team plays well. IMO, if Willis played for SD instead of LT, I think he would have similar success just like LT...

Another point...it seems to me that Mularkey has a bit of a double standard. He wants to call out Willis publicly for not hitting the hole hard enough and benching Sam Adams because he's not into the schemes. Now, I have no problem with the head coach discipling his players, but why hasen't he done the same with Josh Reed and some other players? Is it because Willis and Sam have chips on their shoulder? I certainly hope this isn't something personal.

I do have one question. Why do we get mad at ONLY Moulds so much? I agree that he is not playing great and he should help out JP as much as possible. However, Josh Reed has played like s*** for a long time too. But he stays behind the scenes and hasen't seemed to work on his game for YEARS. I think Josh Reed has NO PASSION for this game. In addition, Lee Evans has not played well either. I saw a thread where they bashed on Moulds and made excuses for Lee. I've seen the games with my own eyes just like the rest of you. The fact is that both Moulds and Evans need to play better. Or maybe they are just not good enough. So what if Lee doesn't have the same attitudeas Eric? BOTTOM LINE, I want to see production on the field and I don't see it from either of them. If you think Moulds is a locker room cancer, you are sorely mistaken. There's lot of people in this league much much worse than him. MOREOVER, I can guarentee you that if either Lee or Eric went to a team with a better scheme, they would succeed more.

I think all signs point to Mularkey. He is destroying this team. If the team turns their back on JP, then it is Mularkey's fault. The ONLY team that I can think of that truly polices themselves are the Patriots. Coaches like Tom Coughlin, Tony Dungy, Marvin Lewis, Bill Parcells, Andy Reid, John Fox, Lovie Smith are the type of coaches that would help this team succeed. And I'm not only mentioning them because their teams are winning.

I can name even more coaches in this league that wouldn't let this happen to their team. But what's the point? After reading what you said LA Playa, I feel terrible about this team.

Mitchy moo
11-21-2005, 06:23 AM
Moulds is not calling himself the greatest receiver ever or a hall of famer. He just wants to get some balls tossed his way. I have no idea about the fascination w/ Josh reed yesterday, he dropped one sure touchdown @ a very critical time & another few long distance plays he easily could of had. Though yet again josh is claiming to be the greatest receiver, nor a hall of famer.
Some of the players on our team need to learn humility, modesty & how to know their place. Until then don't plan on this team gellen' & winning alot more games.

The King
11-21-2005, 06:52 AM
I agree with everyone in this thread, but I think the blame is hitting the wrong place. This kind of stuff has to be stopped from the top and should've been bit in the butt back in September. These players need to be managed, you have one saying Im the best etc... If I am Mularkey I address it with the media. If McGahee says he's the best I say to the press Z"Prove It". No one on this team has done anything worth braggin about. Mularkey needs to stop worrying about being a players coach and actually coach this team with some balls.

X-Era
11-21-2005, 08:49 AM
This really is discouraging. Somebody better talk to those guys and let them know jp is the man, their boss, their general on the field. They are acting like, no, they are highly paid brats. It is unprofessional for them to even act like this with their qb. They don't have to talk to him off the field or hang out, but on the field it should be a didderent story. I'm disgusted with these guys.

That should have come from the head coach by showing some back bone and leaving him in there. This all started with Mularkey cowaring to some whining overpaid vets. Now, JP's credibility is shot even whne hes the only guy with the right attitude.

MM should be strung up by his nads for benching him. THIS is the logical locker room damage becuase of that move.

X-Era
11-21-2005, 08:50 AM
I agree with everyone in this thread, but I think the blame is hitting the wrong place. This kind of stuff has to be stopped from the top and should've been bit in the butt back in September. These players need to be managed, you have one saying Im the best etc... If I am Mularkey I address it with the media. If McGahee says he's the best I say to the press Z"Prove It". No one on this team has done anything worth braggin about. Mularkey needs to stop worrying about being a players coach and actually coach this team with some balls.

Me-shawn, Moss, TO all would play best under a take no BS coach like Parcells, not a bend over boy like Mularkey

HHURRICANE
11-21-2005, 08:55 AM
FUGG YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! 'cept for the crack on JP. I didnt hear him say that. JP is the ONLY guy with the RIGHT mentality at this point.

Totally agree. If anything JP has said all the right things.

HHURRICANE
11-21-2005, 09:01 AM
Yeah, right after Willis fumbled the ball, the first thing that came to mind was the comment he made that he was the best back in the nfl. Willis needs to backup his mouth if he's going to say something like that.

I am scared. After that fumble McGahee was over laughing and talking to Holcomb about the handoff. Wouldn't you think he would be with JP trying to figure out what happened. WTF is going on??! Some of these vets have a total attitude with him. I think Evans and JP are okay, but the rest of the team like Moulds etc...I don't know. I am really discouraged!!

RedEyE
11-21-2005, 09:02 AM
JP looked lost on the sidelines and got very little coaching,he had that look of the guy who tries really hard but had no friends judging from the body language this team has quit on Mularkey and JP

This is what worries me the most. He isn't getting the direction he deserves. The coaching staff has a lot to be ashamed of.

BTW, Where was Sam Wyche?? That ****er should have been next to JP every given second.

OpIv37
11-21-2005, 09:05 AM
The thing is TD likes to hire yes-men as head coaches. If the coach bows to the general manager, he's gonna bow to the team too- hence, these problems. Moulds shoots his mouth off to the media early in the season, nothing happens to him. So the other players learn that bad attitudes don't have any consequences from Mularkey. Hence Willis, Adams, etc.

RedEyE
11-21-2005, 09:09 AM
The thing is TD likes to hire yes-men as head coaches. If the coach bows to the general manager, he's gonna bow to the team too- hence, these problems. Moulds shoots his mouth off to the media early in the season, nothing happens to him. So the other players learn that bad attitudes don't have any consequences from Mularkey. Hence Willis, Adams, etc.

:bf1:

Ding ding ding.....

Ever since the Bill Cowher issue in Pittsburgh, TD will now refuse to give up any control. He has the entire coaching staff in his pockets. If a guy like Coughlin, Weiss or Lewis had come in here, he wouldn't get the necessary agreement that his ego needs and requires.

TD = great marketing ....that is all.

Novacane
11-21-2005, 09:13 AM

They don't like the guy so they won't play hard? If that's true we need a roster purge next season.

X-Era
11-21-2005, 09:16 AM
They don't like the guy so they won't play hard? If that's true we need a roster purge next season.

In Moulds case its part dont like the guy and part what good will it do anyways. He has a jaded losers attiutude because he has suffered for so long here.

I dont blame him at all, only wish that cancerous mentality were pruged from this new team lead by a guy who doesnt look at the world that way, JP!

RedEyE
11-21-2005, 09:23 AM
If it's true and the players are distant from one another, then it is most definitly a coaching problem. Sounds to me like these guys have too much time on their hands and are focusing on the wrong thing. As a player you should want to win with whoever is in at whatever position, and you should support that individual as long as the coaching staff remains confident in that individual.

A true coach, a motivator, a disciplinarian would have these guys directing their emotions towards the coach, not at each other. Simple psychology.

X-Era
11-21-2005, 09:30 AM
If it's true and the players are distant from one another, then it is most definitly a coaching problem. Sounds to me like these guys have too much time on their hands and are focusing on the wrong thing. As a player you should want to win with whoever is in at whatever position, and you should support that individual as long as the coaching staff remains confident in that individual.

A true coach, a motivator, a disciplinarian would have these guys directing their emotions towards the coach, not at each other. Simple psychology.

Agreed but TD's ego will never let him hire one of those guys.

We are stuck with push overs. The only way we get out of the hole is to let JP's leadership grow and let him be the fiery leader.

Dungy doesnt scare anyone but when Peyton talks, the team listens.

bigbub2352
11-21-2005, 09:34 AM
this all boils down too Tom Donhue, he has over paid for names, these names put people in the seats, he took a young team and made it old in a hury. All the problems that u see on the side lines is just a bunch of over paid babies that cant get the job done. The coaching staff is letting these so called veterans run the team and that is why there is so much bull %$#@ on the bench, last time i checked to be an elite receiver in this league u play at that level no matter who is thrwoing the ball u break tackles and throw good blocks and be a leader or at least be a leader on the feild, u tell me when moulds has ever done that to comand such a salary, it is for paying for his eligitamate kids not his play. Any way it is time to clear house any way you look at it 1999 seems so long ago, and Tom showed us what he could do with an awesome draft standing, Mike Williams, Josh Reed come on!

L.A. Playa
11-21-2005, 10:18 AM
honestly from what I saw its time for the Bills tostart over starting from the top, TD has not done his job, and Red I saw JP standing with coaches very little of the time, they have quit already on Mularkey and JP and Holcomb have little if any relationship. It was so sad to see not the outcome of the game, but the lack of any unity on this team, they looked like the team that you bring in on homecoming day just to kick their ass, they where just there for the payday and the nice weather but knew they had no chance in hell to win, even after the FG to make it 7-3 the team looked down and frustrated and nit excited that they wher back in the game.

DaBills
11-21-2005, 10:47 AM
Two words:

Jimmy Johnson. He would straighten things out. And before ANYONE says no way it would happen, tell me if there is one Giant fan alive today who ever thought Parcells would ever have coached in Dallas. Stranger things have happened.

JJ's old school enough to still kick ass but can still relate to the new players – and he's got rings to prove it. Before you say Micheal Irvin did coke right under Johnson's nose, pun, and he turned a blind eye, I'll just say Irvin had some off-field issues, granted. But not once do I remember a time that those three (Aikman, Irvin or Smith) didn't know how to take care of business on the field. Can anyone say Buffalo does right now?

Everyone on the Giants *****ed last year about hard-nosed Coughlin. They ain’t *****ing this year, are they?

I knew when I heard earlier in the season when WM claimed to be the best that there would be problems. The best don't have to say it – they just go out and prove it. Don't get me wrong, it ain't braggin' if ya' can back it up. Right now though, there ain't enough backing it up. He's good. He's consistant. But so are a LOT of other RBs in the league. WM needs to do more and do it more often to break through to the next level.When Alexander in Seattle can put up an average of 160 a game and you're only putting up 100, (if that), ya' need to STFU and play.

(As far as Sam's attitude goes, I saw yesterday through ESPN or somewhere on the AP, that Sam was out for a knee problem last week, not attitude. Maybe that was an erroneous comment. All I will say on him is, you have a great tandem in Pat Williams and him. Then the team doesn't for whatever reason do what it takes to keep Williams around. How can they expect Sam to fill that void, ya know?)

While he plays hard on the field, Moulds is not blameless in this either. I don't think Mould's relationship with JP will ever improve. JP is like his 8th QB or something. As soon as you have your #1 WR saying he wants Holcomb over JP, how can that relationship ever be repaired?

If in their minds they want to say they're great, fine. But a great QB and WR tandem have got to be on the same page 100% of the time or it is ****ing over. Montana-Rice, Aikman-Irvin, Kelly-Reed, etc. Moulds had the chance to work with JP in the off-season and build something like we'll eventually see with Burress and Manning in NY and already with Manning-Harris in Indy.

But did he? No. Remember when he was going to go out and work with RJ in the off-season in CA? Never happened.

TD is the culprit. It's his decisions on what coach to interview and hire and its his that built or un-built this team through the draft.

You heard it hear first fans. Ralph needs to go get a real kick-ass coach like JJ, not one that will be the player's friend all the time.

Mitchy moo
11-21-2005, 06:16 PM
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=2></TD><TD vAlign=top align=left width=470>Clements is on the wrong end of 'Playmaker' label
By ALLEN WILSON
News Sports Reporter
11/21/2005
</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>http://www.buffalonews.com/images/space.gif</TD></TR><TR><TD width=2>http://www.buffalonews.com/images/space.gif</TD><TD vAlign=top width=499 bgColor=#ffffff><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=0 width=250 align=left><TBODY><TR><TD class=hide>http://www.buffalonews.com/images/zoom_in.gif (http://javascript<b></b>:showPicture('http://www.buffalonews.com/graphics/2005/11/21/actualsize/1121v2billsider.jpg')) Click to view larger picture</TD></TR><TR><TD>http://www.buffalonews.com/graphics/2005/11/21/1121v2billsider.jpg</TD></TR><TR><TD>James P. McCoy/Buffalo News
Bills cornerback Nate Clements, who bit on a pump fake, doesn't catch San Diego's Eric Parker until he's in the end zone.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>SAN DIEGO - Cornerback Nate Clements considers himself a playmaker, which is why someone put the moniker above his locker at the Buffalo Bills' practice facility last year.
But on Sunday, the Playmaker was on the wrong end of plays made by the San Diego Chargers' wide receivers. Clements was beaten badly on touchdown catches by Eric Parker and Keenan McCardell in the second quarter. The scores were part of a first-half offensive explosion by the Chargers that carried them to an easy 48-10 victory in Qualcomm Stadium.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20051121/2046914.asp?tbd2046914.asp

Wow, was it this obvious?? Color him gone next season

Cntrygal
11-21-2005, 06:46 PM
Best advice:

:10:

Cntrygal
11-21-2005, 06:54 PM

I wish I could give them all a little motivational speech. :rage:

Mitchy moo
11-21-2005, 09:28 PM
Laying down when the game is out of reach makes you wonder can we really reach all of our team?
If I hear one more thing about getting a raise or importance to the team, I'll literally puke.
I'm almost ready to call Ralph myself & let him know it's time to wipe the slate clean. I know I could do a better job managing these kids. There dad now just doesn't know when to say when.

Mitchy moo
11-22-2005, 07:28 PM
Laplaya, her curves are kickiin'

baalworship
11-22-2005, 09:40 PM
JP Losman is the only player on this team that keeps me watching these awful games. This kid is a winner. Moving forward, we should purge the roster of all the malcontents and build our team around Losman.

Moulds definitely is a problem. If he wants to play with a second rate noodle-armed QB there are plenty of teams that will give him the chance. We don't need crybabies in Buffalo.

The only person that can correct this mess right now is Mularkey. If he doesn't get these guys playing Wilson should clean house.

Kerr
11-23-2005, 01:37 AM
I am scared. After that fumble McGahee was over laughing and talking to Holcomb about the handoff. Wouldn't you think he would be with JP trying to figure out what happened. WTF is going on??! Some of these vets have a total attitude with him. I think Evans and JP are okay, but the rest of the team like Moulds etc...I don't know. I am really discouraged!!

If they decide they don't want to try and form a professional relationship with their qb on the field, then they should be run out of town. It's ridiculous.

Mitchy moo
11-23-2005, 09:38 AM
I really think it's too late for moulds, he is old and not going to want to rebuild. Send him to the NFC and let's end it.

finsrclowns
11-23-2005, 01:59 PM
It's the way of the world in the NFL today and it's far from being unique to Buffalo. If you want only guys that "shut up and play" it may be hard to field a team these days. The only team you almost never see stupid quotes in the press from is NE. How do they do it?

1) They draft for character. Performance is a key but team players are essential. TD take note.
2) They have created a culture that focuses on team. Props to BB. Mularkey take note.
3) They win games which is the salve that heals most wounds in the NFL. Think we'd care as much about what our guys were saying if we were 8-2?

Mitchy moo
11-23-2005, 03:37 PM
We'll if we were 8-2 we would have a reason to talk and could back it up a bit. Right now they are backing up to the wall, we'll see how they respond.

finsrclowns
11-23-2005, 04:34 PM
We'll if we were 8-2 we would have a reason to talk and could back it up a bit. Right now they are backing up to the wall, we'll see how they respond.

I'd bet on the wall.:funny: