PDA

View Full Version : Post Week 11 Draft Order

Nublar7
11-20-2005, 11:57 PM
I posted this over on FinHeaven, and thought you guys might like to know where you currently stand. So, here is my post:

I did all the math and calculations, so this is 100% correct following Sunday's games. As you can see though, teams #31 and #32 are both AFC teams. Of course this won't happen come the real draft, but this is where they would be ranked based on what the NFL uses for the 1st round. So, realisticly the last 12 team's spots wouldn't be determined until they are eliminated from the playoffs.

1. Houston Texans
2. Tennessee Titans
3. New Orleans Saints
4. New York Jets
5. San Francisco 49ers
6. Green Bay Packers
7. Miami Dolphins
8. Arizona Cardinals
9. Baltimore Ravens
10. Buffalo Bills
11. Cleveland Browns
12. St. Louis Rams
13. Detroit Lions
14. Oakland Raiders
15. Philadelphia Eagles
16. Minnesota Vikings
17. Washington Redskins
18. Kansas City Chiefs
19. Atlanta Falcons
20. San Diego Chargers
21. New England Patriots
22. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
23. Carolina Panthers
24. Pittsburgh Steelers
25. Chicago Bears
26. New York Giants
27. Dallas Cowboys
28. Cincinnati Bengals
29. Jacksonville Jaguars
30. Seattle Seahawks
31. Denver Broncos
32. Indianapolis Colts

SeatownBillsFan21
11-21-2005, 12:02 AM
we'll hopefully be in the top 5

ParanoidAndroid
11-21-2005, 12:17 AM
Considering our remaining schedule, I wouldn't be surprised if we draft top 10. We'd have to just about lose out to draft top 5. We better not lose to the friggin' Jets or Miami.

SeatownBillsFan21
11-21-2005, 12:19 AM
6-10 5-11 no better

SeatownBillsFan21
11-21-2005, 12:19 AM
our super bowl will be the draft

camelcowboy
11-21-2005, 12:24 AM
Well if the colts are 32, then 31 has to be a NFC team. Jets are going to draft number 2. They haven't showed up in 3 weeks.

Nublar7
11-21-2005, 12:26 AM
Well if the colts are 32, then 31 has to be a NFC team. Jets are going to draft number 2. They haven't showed up in 3 weeks.Yeah, I noted that.

Tinboy
11-21-2005, 01:00 AM
1. Houston Texans D'BRICKASHAW FERGUSON OT Virginia
2. Tennessee Titans MATT LEINART QB Southern Cal
3. New Orleans Saints A.J. HAWK OLB Ohio St.
4. New York Jets REGGIE BUSH RB Southern Cal
5. San Francisco 49ers JIMMY WILLIAMS CB Virginia Tech
6. Green Bay Packers LAURENCE MARONEY RB Minnesota
7. Miami Dolphins ERIC WINSTON OT Miami (FL)
8. Arizona Cardinals VINCE YOUNG QB Texas
9. Baltimore Ravens MARIO WILLIAMS DE North Carolina St.
10. Buffalo Bills HALOTI NGATA DT Oregon

That's my guess.

Bmax
11-21-2005, 01:01 AM
Whenever we pick please stay away from gabe watson dt from mich... i watched the guy play this weekend against ohio st and he was no where to be seen .. He hardly made any plays..Manigold from ohio st held his own ( the ohio st center)

Maybe we should consider him in rd 3-4...After teague play today he can't be any worse..plus we could always move preston to guard...

Bmax

Billz_fan
11-21-2005, 01:14 AM
The interesting thing to me about this draft order is that it places us at the upper end of the bottom 3rd of the leauge.

If you think about it, thats exaclty where this team is. Average to a little below average.

Sad but true.

Devin
11-21-2005, 01:15 AM
Thanks Nublar7.

R. Rich
11-21-2005, 04:51 AM

That's my guess.

Not a bad guess. Here's another one:

1. Houston Texans: D'Brickashaw Ferguson, OT, Virginia
2. Tennessee Titans: Matt Leinart, QB, USC
3. NY Jets: Reggie Bush, RB, USC
4. Arizona Cardinals: Vince Young, QB, Texas
5. San Fransisco: Jimmy Williams, CB, Virginia Tech
6. Baltimore: Mario Williams, DE, NC State
7. New Orleans: A.J. Hawk, LB, Ohio State
8. Green Bay: Laurence Maroney, RB, Minnesota
9. Miami: Eric Winston, OT, Miami (Fla)
10. Cleveland: Ahmad Brooks, LB, Virginia

13. Buffalo: Haloti Ngata, DT, Oregon

These picks, from NFL Draft Countdown's latest mock draft, are eerily similar to yours.

tampabay25690
11-21-2005, 09:07 AM
I would like to see the Bills restructure Mike WIlliams and put him at left guard ...Draft Jonathon Scott OT from Texas and have both Texas boys who are huge on the left side.....

Novacane
11-21-2005, 09:29 AM
Why the hell would someone name thier kid D'Brickashaw?

mysticsoto
11-21-2005, 09:59 AM

That's my guess.

A tackle for Miami in the 1st round? They need a QB more than anything...this draft is tackle heavy - they could always take one in the 2nd or 3rd. They definitely need a QB 1st round!

What teams do we think specifically need a DT that could challenge us for Haloti Ngata???

R. Rich
11-21-2005, 01:31 PM
A tackle for Miami in the 1st round? They need a QB more than anything...this draft is tackle heavy - they could always take one in the 2nd or 3rd. They definitely need a QB 1st round!

What teams do we think specifically need a DT that could challenge us for Haloti Ngata???

On the Miami issue, my guess is that unless Leinart or Young fall to the Dolphins in this draft, they won't go for a QB in the first. If they did, unless they traded down from a high pick, they'd be vastly overpaying for someone.

thecoordinator
11-21-2005, 01:50 PM
back to back big money picks isn't a good thing imo. given our GM's (mueller) qb draft/trade resume, i wouldnt be surprised to see us either trade down or go with defense in the first round, and look for a qb in the 2nd or 3rd round. drafting a qb top 10 is a very risky thing imo, because that's the 1 position you just don't know if a guy can play at the next level or not.

mysticsoto
11-21-2005, 02:27 PM
back to back big money picks isn't a good thing imo. given our GM's (mueller) qb draft/trade resume, i wouldnt be surprised to see us either trade down or go with defense in the first round, and look for a qb in the 2nd or 3rd round. drafting a qb top 10 is a very risky thing imo, because that's the 1 position you just don't know if a guy can play at the next level or not.

But you definitely don't want Gus there next year as your starting QB. So, you either draft a high pick QB and hope that he develops quickly, or you being in through FA...but who's available that they can take? Rivers from SD is available, but would command a high price. Personally, I think Rivers has a weak arm, but that's just my opinion. I'm not sure what other QBs Miami might want to take a chance with in FA. I can't think of any that would be available and good enough to start. Volek has shown he wants to stay with the Titans...maybe Harrington, if Detroit chooses to go with Jeff Garcia instead...Patrick Ramsey might be another choice they could consider while they take a QB in the draft to develop.

If neither of these 2 are available for them, Miami HAS to draft a QB in the 1st rd and hope to get a top one. I think either Matt Leinart or Vince Young (one of them) will be available by the time they draft...