X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • camelcowboy
    • Mar 2005

I blame coaching completely for the Game

I don't want to be negative, but all well. There were a couple of things that i really thought did us in. Most can be blamed on coaching.

1) Not giving Willis the Ball
    For some reason the coaching staff was unwilling to keep the ball in Willis hands. I know they were blown out, but if they would run the same game plan Holcomb had for then Losman would do just as well. All of Holcombs wins they were commited to running the ball. This game shows why its important. Even when the game was in reach coaches kept throwing the ball. Take some time off the clock keep a hot offense off the field. The Oline can't pass block for crap.

2) At the end of the half, why were they in such a hurry to score.
    Giving the chargers back the ball with 55 seconds. Run the ball punch it in with 25-30 seconds left.

3) Gray stop blitzing
    Its ok to play coverage once in a while. Especially with a QB that likes to make quick decisions, and thrives on a short passing game. Does every blitz have to be a outside one, all Brees had to do was step up and hit the big play.

4) Gates is the best receiver San Diego has
    Why are you covering him with Milloy, Eric King, or Crowell, get number 1 corner on him with safty help.

Thats it, None of these things probally would have lead to a victory, but I am just sick of this team, not showing up on the road.

Good Bye Clements- Top cover corner my ass, How about showing up when needed, and not getting undressed by average receivers.

That is all, I will be going to bed and having nightmares about how our oline, and corners are going to do against Carolina.

• da6poweredef
    • Nov 2005

Re: I blame coaching completely for the Game

EXACTLY!

Why are we blitzing with Milloy so much????

And why did we spike the ball with 1:30 left!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not that the outcome would have been much different, but you would think that our offense could punch it in from a few yards out and maybe kill a little clock.........reminds me of the Jets game when Bledsoe stood over center inside the five for like 30 seconds and then just spiked it and we kicked a field goal. Umm......Mularkey.......wanna open that playbook and try something completely crazy like a run from the two?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Indy Bills Backer
    www.indybillsbackers.moonfruit.com

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

The over-dependence on the blitz shows the glaring weaknesses in our fundamental defense. Really good defenses can stop the other team straight up, without all the high risk schemes.
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
        • Mar 2004

It's hard to run the ball when you are down 21-3 after having the ball twice. I can't blame the coaches for not running the ball. They tried in the beginning, but how do you justify running when you are down by 20+ points for nearly all of the game?

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
          Zero for Zero!
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
          It's hard to run the ball when you are down 21-3 after having the ball twice. I can't blame the coaches for not running the ball. They tried in the beginning, but how do you justify running when you are down by 20+ points for nearly all of the game?
          Exaclty. And I hate it when people say "they scored too quickly". In the NFL you take the points whenever you can. How exactly do they not score? Tell players to take dives? Discipline JP for gaining 30 yards on one run?
          Originally posted by mysticsoto
          Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• RedEyE
            • Jul 2002

Hell, I exposed the blitzing scheme last Monday after they dismantled the Cheifs. Did Gray and staff really think that Brees and the Chargers weren't watching that game either and that they could sneek something by them? Brees is a seasoned veteran that knows how to expose a defense weak or strong. They had two weeks to watch this Bills team. So what do the Bills do? They play their game rather than preparing for a different team.

This coaching staff is almost weaker than the last with the exception of ST.

Comment

• tampabay25690
              • Feb 2004

But you know something about this game ......IT didnt surprise me at all, San Diego was coming off a bye week and Buffalo never travels very well to the west coast...........This one of my biggest locks of the year and I never BET against the BILLS........
              GO Gators!!!!!!
              GO GATORS!!

Comment

• camelcowboy
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
                21-3 is the reason why i would start running the ball, The Defense did nothing to show they could stop the chargers. Chew some clock keep that Offense on the bench. Say at the end of the game you punch it with 30 seconds left instead of a minute. Bills score take the momentum being down 11 is better then 18. They get the ball first in the second half, run again. This is suppose to be a ball control offense. We don't have manning as a qb, we need a balanced offense to have a show at putting up some points. I never understood why you have to drop back and throw all the time if your behind. Thats what the other team hopes for, Droping back to pass every play is just going to get your qb killed. Im sorry Wills is there best offensive player use him, hell throw a damn screen once in a while. Bills saw that chargers struggle against the pass so they decided to throw it all around. Trying to run the ball a couple times on the first drive isn't enought.

Comment

• camelcowboy
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  Exaclty. And I hate it when people say "they scored too quickly". In the NFL you take the points whenever you can. How exactly do they not score? Tell players to take dives? Discipline JP for gaining 30 yards on one run?
                  You tell Jp, that theres a 115 left and there is no reason to to spike the ball. Keep the clock running, huddle, and run the same play as score. If JP ran into the endzone fine, never take a dive. How is it smart to give time to a QB like Brees or Brady time, who can light you up in a two minute drill. Look at the steelers they are the prime example of a team that will run as much time of a clock before scoring.

Comment

Working...
                  X