PDA

View Full Version : Bassin Expected To Make A Bid On Sabres Soon

Dozerdog
08-09-2002, 06:03 AM
Sabres Report

Bassin Expected To Make A Bid On Sabres Soon
After months of speculation it appears that one of the ownership groups interested in purchasing the Buffalo Sabres finally will make a bid. Empire Sports Network's Josh Mora reports that the group led by Sherry Basin, general manager of the Erie Otters of the Ontario Hockey League is expected to make the bid by the middle of next week, but potentially as early as Friday, August 9.

Mora has also learned that this may in fact be the only group to make a bid. He also has learned that this will be an all cash proposal with no financing involved and that Frank DuRoss has been asked to join Bassin's group. DuRoss has been involved in the due diligence process as well, looking to make his own bid on the Sabres franchise. However, he is now seriously considering joining the Bassin group.

The value of the Sabres is expected to be in the $90-115 million range. In response to this news Mark Hamister, another potential bidder in the process, has told Empire Sports that he expects to make a bid sooner rather than later.

Empire's Sabres Report (http://www.empiresports.com/headlinestory.shtml)

clumping platelets
08-10-2002, 03:33 AM
Hamister is just waiting to see what the initial offer is and then he will make a decision.

I think I like the prospects of the Bassin group.....just do NOT bring back Nolan

Ð
08-10-2002, 07:04 AM
Sherry Bassin is awesome! He managed the Oshawa Generals for years when I lived in Oshawa before he went on to the Soo, the Nords & the Otters. I took a marketing course with him at Durham College & I'll always remember him bringing a 10 lb gold bar to class.

It doesn't surprise me that it would be an all-cash bid if Sherry's involved.

Sabre Ally
08-10-2002, 03:58 PM
What's wrong with Nolan? He was already gone when I started watching hockey.

Earthquake Enyart
08-12-2002, 11:33 AM
1. What kind of man is named Sherry?
2. How in the world does Josh Mora know anything???

MissBuffalo
08-15-2002, 06:11 PM
This Bassin guy and his partners sound like the perfect candidates to take control and get this organization going again.
They're getting ready to submit a proposal to the league.

Hey earthquake! are you going to the home opener???

Earthquake Enyart
08-16-2002, 08:49 AM
Sorry, no.

MissBuffalo
08-16-2002, 10:53 AM
That's too bad. How about I come and kidnapp you??? LOL!!!!!

Earthquake Enyart
08-16-2002, 11:23 AM
I've always wanted to be pursued by Catwoman. I think I could take you, but I fight dirty.

MissBuffalo
08-19-2002, 07:59 PM
Oh! The dirtier the better!!!! LOL!
And what villian might I be persuing??