PDA

View Full Version : I got an inside scoop this week

LABillsFan
11-21-2005, 04:41 AM
Some of my family members were close to Rusty Jones. When he was in Buffalo, he had the players on a strict diet that he curtailed to each player to maximize their strength. He even taught them how to shop for groceries. As it turns out one of these family members has developed friendships with some of the players, starters as well as backups. According to her and I'm sure some of you know, these players are eating out everynight and at bars. She also mentioned that they don't stock their homes with food. I know this may seem trivial, until you look at the lack of stamina, and the fat these guys carry. Think of how all the old Bills looked. Bruce, Corn, Talley, etc. Even in Wades tenure in Buffalo all were in peak shape. I don't think it's a coinsidence that when Jones was let go the conditioning hasn't been the same. GW's team may have sucked but at least they weren't fat and lazy.

Jan Reimers
11-21-2005, 05:21 AM
I think that Jones' leaving is one factor in our decline. I believe there are several other factors, including Donahoe's failure to address our O and D line problems; Mularkey's inability to commit to anything, including the running game and JP's development; and the team's general lack of passion.

We seem to lack the kind of motivation that drives many of the other teams that I watch.

EDS
11-21-2005, 07:26 AM
Some of my family members were close to Rusty Jones. When he was in Buffalo, he had the players on a strict diet that he curtailed to each player to maximize their strength. He even taught them how to shop for groceries. As it turns out one of these family members has developed friendships with some of the players, starters as well as backups. According to her and I'm sure some of you know, these players are eating out everynight and at bars. She also mentioned that they don't stock their homes with food. I know this may seem trivial, until you look at the lack of stamina, and the fat these guys carry. Think of how all the old Bills looked. Bruce, Corn, Talley, etc. Even in Wades tenure in Buffalo all were in peak shape. I don't think it's a coinsidence that when Jones was let go the conditioning hasn't been the same. GW's team may have sucked but at least they weren't fat and lazy.

I don't agree about the conditioning thing. Fletcher, Posey, Clements, Schoebel, Teague, Moulds, and anyone else who has been on the team for more than a year or two do not look any less fit then they did previously. Sam Adams has always been fat, same with Mike Williams.

Jeff1220
11-21-2005, 11:18 AM
I think there could be something to this. Is it the sole reason? By no means. But diet is obviously a HUGE factor on energy levels, especially in regards to energy used in athletics. The energy factor is not something that would be visable to the eye in the likes of body fat % or composition.

Devin
11-21-2005, 11:21 AM
Every little thing adds up, this lack of dicipline is the tip of the iceberg. MM is soft as are his players.

And unfortunatley it wont be until we have another loosing season that MM is let go.

Man am I sick of this.

Earthquake Enyart
11-21-2005, 11:50 AM
I'll tell you one thing, the Bears sure are in shape. They kick ass and take names for all 60 minutes.

don137
11-21-2005, 12:24 PM
Could be why the OL sucks so bad...