PDA

View Full Version : Mcgahee is going to create a TO like situation next year!

Mitchy moo
11-21-2005, 06:35 AM
Plan on Drew Rosenhaus to "advise" Willis to sit out until a new contract is agreed upon for him. DR will flash numbers & multiple every situation times 10X for his client. The thing that upsets me is 39 yds this past game & I am the best player type attitude will make him isolated from the rest of the team.

Even though T.O. didn't deserve a new contract, he really did help them get to the SB last year. Willis has helped us go from terrible looking to almost average. Almost average, almost paid don't you think?

Jan Reimers
11-21-2005, 06:53 AM
Let Willis sit out. We are going to be at best 6-10 and out of the playoffs with him. We can certainly be 6-10 and out of the playoffs without him.

Lexwhat
11-21-2005, 07:09 AM
Let Willis sit out. We are going to be at best 6-10 and out of the playoffs with him. We can certainly be 6-10 and out of the playoffs without him.

Let him sit out?? Willis IS our entire offense. Without him, teams will blitz on every down and have fun with it. I highly doubt we can even be 6-10 without Willis. WM is the type of player who the offense should be built around.

We are lacking several key pieces. But Willis is certainly a good start to that build-up.

This team would be an even bigger embarassment without him. As I said in another post, he would be much more effective if the coaching staff utilized his skills properly. He has the chance to progress into an LT-type of player. He needs more touches. Giving him the ball only 10 times, like yesterday...what does that accomplish?? Nothing.

Jan Reimers
11-21-2005, 07:13 AM
Why renegotiate a contract with a player whose mouth is way bigger than his heart?

EDS
11-21-2005, 07:21 AM
Why renegotiate a contract with a player whose mouth is way bigger than his heart?

Agreed, McGahee has not performed well enough this season to justify a new contract.

Crazygoo
11-21-2005, 07:25 AM
I agree that his numbers aren't the bast but when a defense shuts down our only option of moving the ball there is nothing for that he can do. I blame most of it on the play calling and who is in front of him

Lexwhat
11-21-2005, 07:26 AM

Ok, he does have a big mouth. So what? Who says his heart isn't in the game?? IMO, I think he plays hard almost every time, with VERY few exceptions. If there is ANY player on our team who has been more consistent than him, I want to know who it is. Maybe Terrance McGee. Takeo Spikes is another, but he's not playing right now.

If anything, Willis is at least our most consistent player we have on offense. I don't care if he's cocky. Is he calling out players on our team, being a locker room cancer, or publicy bashing the organization? No. He's a competitor. I only wish our defense felt the same way as Willis instead of giving up in the 4th quarter of games.

Pride
11-21-2005, 07:27 AM
Agreed. Willis took a step backwards from last year. Forget his knee, I think his vision is injured! He doesnt make very good choices on the field.

Lexwhat
11-21-2005, 07:27 AM
I agree that his numbers aren't the bast but when a defense shuts down our only option of moving the ball there is nothing for that he can do. I blame most of it on the play calling and who is in front of him

Exactly.

EDS
11-21-2005, 07:34 AM
Ok, he does have a big mouth. So what? Who says his heart isn't in the game?? IMO, I think he plays hard almost every time, with VERY few exceptions. If there is ANY player on our team who has been more consistent than him, I want to know who it is. Maybe Terrance McGee. Takeo Spikes is another, but he's not playing right now.

If anything, Willis is at least our most consistent player we have on offense. I don't care if he's cocky. Is he calling out players on our team, being a locker room cancer, or publicy bashing the organization? No. He's a competitor. I only wish our defense felt the same way as Willis instead of giving up in the 4th quarter of games.

When McGahee becomes "consistent" like Shaun Alexander he will have every right to a new contract (although you notice how hard it is for even someone as good as Alexander to get a new contract). Until then, there are a dozen backs like him in the NFL. Is Willis any better then young backs like Larry Johnson, Steven Jackson, Ronnie Brown, Cadillac Williams or Julius Jones? Obviously he is not in the same class as Edgerrin James, Ladanian Tomlinson, Tiki Barber or Shaun Alexander.

Jan Reimers
11-21-2005, 07:58 AM
When McGahee becomes "consistent" like Shaun Alexander he will have every right to a new contract (although you notice how hard it is for even someone as good as Alexander to get a new contract). Until then, there are a dozen backs like him in the NFL. Is Willis any better then young backs like Larry Johnson, Steven Jackson, Ronnie Brown, Cadillac Williams or Julius Jones? Obviously he is not in the same class as Edgerrin James, Ladanian Tomlinson, Tiki Barber or Shaun Alexander.
Exactly. Willis has been totally inconsistent this year, having had a couple of great games, and 3 or 4 where he seemed to have had no will to break tackles or get the extra yard. I think all the backs you have named - and a few others - are every bit as good as Willis, or better.

X-Era
11-21-2005, 08:59 AM
Plan on Drew Rosenhaus to "advise" Willis to sit out until a new contract is agreed upon for him. DR will flash numbers & multiple every situation times 10X for his client. The thing that upsets me is 39 yds this past game & I am the best player type attitude will make him isolated from the rest of the team.

Even though T.O. didn't deserve a new contract, he really did help them get to the SB last year. Willis has helped us go from terrible looking to almost average. Almost average, almost paid don't you think?

All right. Just to be fair here. Willis has been great behind our porous o-line. What we he do if we actually built a good one?

I dont mind the talk about how great HE is. I only mind the talk about how BAD another team member is. Id prefer him to shut up and play but so what if he wants to talk.

Jim Kelly, 2 years removed after retiring said to Paul McGuire that he was STILL better than 80% of the QB's in the league.

As far as his salary goes. Im not sure where all this contract holdout talk comes from. I havent seen any hints of it yet. Rosen-clown wouldnt suprise anyone with it but is there some real proof?

Voltron
11-21-2005, 12:05 PM
I think that he could be a top 10 back in the NFL if he had some version of an O line that worked. I guess coaching can only go so far when it comes to our O line. They are embarrassing. When a mobile QB like JP get sacked that many times in a game you can only point the finger at inexperience so much. Well our GM has only ignored this issue for 3 years ... :sigh:

Dozerdog
11-21-2005, 12:09 PM

One question for all you guys in this thread-

Why are you all arguing over a ficticious event?

Why woud Rosenhaus repeat a tactic with McGahee that has failed miserably with TO?

Concentrate on *****ing about real events that plague the Bills not imaginary ones.

Jan Reimers
11-21-2005, 12:12 PM
Concentrate on *****ing about real events that plague the Bills not imaginary ones.
There are just too many of those.:teary:

X-Era
11-21-2005, 12:24 PM
One question for all you guys in this thread-

Why are you all arguing over a ficticious event?

Why woud Rosenhaus repeat a tactic with McGahee that has failed miserably with TO?

I have to agree here. I think we should just cross this one when we get to it, if we do at all. I dont think it will materialize.

Mudflap1
11-21-2005, 01:13 PM
I'm with Dozerdog, this is very unlikely.

Rosenhaus has been Willis McGahee's agent since he came out of college. So that means that Rosenhaus got paid with Willis' deal here.

The reason T.O., Javon Walker, and all of those other guys held out this year is because Rosenhaus just took them on as clients. Rosenhaus (and all sports agents) get paid on commission, so he wasn't getting paid. Therefore he tried to get his new clients to hold out to get a new contract, so he could get paid.

Again, he's been paid with Willis. That being said, if Willis had some unfathomably monstrous season, yeah, he might try to get him a raise. But he hasn't. He's done well, but not well enough to warrant a holdout, and since he's already being paid off of Willis' current salary and incentives, Rosenhaus has no reason to push that button.

Let's move on...

Jon

thecoordinator
11-21-2005, 01:53 PM
Willis has the chance to progress into an LT-type of player.

um, no.

good back, yes.

LT-type player, no.