PDA

View Full Version : I want this team to rebuild

OpIv37
11-21-2005, 09:15 AM
Don't misunderstand. I'm not looking forward to another 3 years of losing. But if we don't start rebuilding NOW, it's going to be much longer than that. This team needs to entirely restructure around Losman, McGahee and Spikes.

As far as the D is concerned, none of our veterans are worth keeping except Spikes and McGee. Milloy and Vincent can't get it done anymore, Fletcher and Posey are too slow, we can't apply pressure without the safety blitz which puts our corners on islands. I've been a big Sam Adams fan, but now I'm just sick of his ****. Clements is going to command more money than he's worth. He's a great player, but he makes dumb mistakes trying to pad his stats because he's not a team guy. I could go either way on Vincent- his physical ability has declined, but he's still one of the smarter players in the league.

On offense, our entire O-line needs to be rebuilt. The only guy worth a damn is Peters. Evans and Parrish will be our starting receivers, but Moulds will be gone, Reed sucks and Aiken is average at best. Our TE's have no YAC ability whatsoever- hopefully Everett can fix that.

The longer we stay on TD's path, the worse it's going to get. I wish Ralph had the balls to admit that TD ****ed it up and we need to start over but he's too busy counting money to notice.

Novacane
11-21-2005, 09:18 AM
I don't think this team will be a winner again until Ralph croaks

X-Era
11-21-2005, 09:25 AM
Don't misunderstand. I'm not looking forward to another 3 years of losing. But if we don't start rebuilding NOW, it's going to be much longer than that. This team needs to entirely restructure around Losman, McGahee and Spikes.

As far as the D is concerned, none of our veterans are worth keeping except Spikes and McGee. Milloy and Vincent can't get it done anymore, Fletcher and Posey are too slow, we can't apply pressure without the safety blitz which puts our corners on islands. I've been a big Sam Adams fan, but now I'm just sick of his ****. Clements is going to command more money than he's worth. He's a great player, but he makes dumb mistakes trying to pad his stats because he's not a team guy. I could go either way on Vincent- his physical ability has declined, but he's still one of the smarter players in the league.

On offense, our entire O-line needs to be rebuilt. The only guy worth a damn is Peters. Evans and Parrish will be our starting receivers, but Moulds will be gone, Reed sucks and Aiken is average at best. Our TE's have no YAC ability whatsoever- hopefully Everett can fix that.

The longer we stay on TD's path, the worse it's going to get. I wish Ralph had the balls to admit that TD ****ed it up and we need to start over but he's too busy counting money to notice.

I 300% agree but must say that Id make it a 2 year purge plan. We need to keep EITHER Vincent or Milloy for one more year, and EITHER Fletcher or Posey just to keep some consistency until we can replace them.

I still like the version of drafting Jimmy Williams a CB/S that could fill in year one for Clements and then move to replace Vincent.

bigbub2352
11-21-2005, 09:27 AM
i believe we need to overhaul both our offensive line and out dt's, they r a joke tim anderson is a bum and so is mike williams and all the rest of those losers, too much money given to aging players do what everybody else does and cut these guys stop holding on to them, josh reed, sam aiken, george wilson, mike williams, mike gandy, chris villareal, tre teague, mark campbell, tim euhus, troy vincent, lawyer milloy, jeff posey, london fletcher, bennie anderson, ryan nuefeld, greg jerman, sam adams, lavale sape, tim anderson, and even jason jefferson, who is tom donohue trying to fool these guys are bums and overpaid even the non starters, some other cannon foder, shane mathews, and even some of the bums on the practice squad like dylan mcfarland and rob lee come on The winds of change need to happen

Captain Obvious
11-21-2005, 09:30 AM

I agree with everything you have said. I like Peters potential but I also like Duke Preston. He has shown me a little something when he is has played.If he can be even above average, he'll be better than Trey Teague. Not sure if Mike Williams will play tackle or guard or even be on the team next year, but I hope TD drafts a guard with a 1st day pick. The guard play this year has been mediocre to say the least.

Novacane
11-21-2005, 09:35 AM
I 300% agree but must say that Id make it a 2 year purge plan. We need to keep EITHER Vincent or Milloy for one more year, and EITHER Fletcher or Posey just to keep some consistency until we can replace them.

Why? Keep the consistancy of shietty play? Thay all need to go and play some hungry young guy and see what he can do.

X-Era
11-21-2005, 09:37 AM
I agree with everything you have said. I like Peters potential but I also like Duke Preston. He has shown me a little something when he is has played.If he can be even above average, he'll be better than Trey Teague. Not sure if Mike Williams will play tackle or guard or even be on the team next year, but I hope TD drafts a guard with a 1st day pick. The guard play this year has been mediocre to say the least.

Hey, im a fan of our young guys with potential too. But lets not repeat past mistakes. Lets develop guys like Peters but dont hesitate for one second to grab a big time proven player at the same position if one comes along.

I think one of our biggest problems is letting upgrades pass because we "think highly" of : insert unproven player here

See Ron Edwards, Tim Anderson, and Justin arms-are-just-too-short Bannan we didnt grab Corey Simon because we "thought highly" of these backups.

Duke Preston? sure continue to develop him. But if LeCharles Bentley is out there dont hesitate.

Bill Brasky
11-21-2005, 09:46 AM
We need to keep EITHER Vincent or Milloy for one more year, and EITHER Fletcher or Posey just to keep some consistency

yeah, we've had consistancy in sucking for the better part of a decade now.

Spiderweb
11-21-2005, 10:03 AM
Hey, im a fan of our young guys with potential too. But lets not repeat past mistakes. Lets develop guys like Peters but dont hesitate for one second to grab a big time proven player at the same position if one comes along.

I think one of our biggest problems is letting upgrades pass because we "think highly" of : insert unproven player here

See Ron Edwards, Tim Anderson, and Justin arms-are-just-too-short Bannan we didnt grab Corey Simon because we "thought highly" of these backups.

Duke Preston? sure continue to develop him. But if LeCharles Bentley is out there dont hesitate.

Despite the standard BS that came from TD when Corey Simon hit the open market, I would suspect that Corey Simon himself had more to do with him not being a Bill than did TD. That was the kind of signing that would have interested TD, especially after the way he managed to piss off Phat Pat and lost him. No sir, the scenario was probably more like this, "Hello Corey, this is Tom Donohoe. How would you like to be a Bill?" A lengthy pause followed, then a burst of laughter, then the phone went dead.

dannyek71
11-21-2005, 10:09 AM
I think Spikes is a bit old to be building the team around. Good teams dont building around backs, they build the team, then the back comes along. (Pitt, NE, Phil the last couple of years)

OpIv37
11-21-2005, 10:13 AM
I think Spikes is a bit old to be building the team around. Good teams dont building around backs, they build the team, then the back comes along. (Pitt, NE, Phil the last couple of years)

well right now we have the back and not much else, so what do you suggest?

OpIv37
11-21-2005, 10:14 AM
oh and spikes is only 28
he's got 5 years left at least.

Spiderweb
11-21-2005, 10:22 AM
oh and spikes is only 28

....and he's coming back from an injury that ends most players careers. One that will at least rob him of some of his quickness and speed. At the level of the NFL, that quarter step often means the difference between success or failure. If he can come back and play to his former level I'll be very happy, but my gut says that won't be the case. Time will tell though.

DraftBoy
11-21-2005, 10:45 AM
Rebuild the team around Lee Evans, everybody else is expendable in my opinion. I love Willis but he is just so damn streaky and he is lacking that big play ability that we all hoped for. He hasnt scored in 4 games, and hasnt broken a 30 yd run either. Thats a big telling sign. Im not opposed to keeping Losman but I would like to see look into a true dual threat QB in round 3 or so with Shockley, or day 2 prospect Brad Smith. I think Crowell, Ezekial, Spikes could be a good LB core. I really like Liam for some reason. We need a whole new DL, cut/trade every single one of the current players, none of them are worth a damn, not even Schoebel. The OL is essentially the same story, minus Peters. DB's we got McGee who is a decent starter, Baker at FS, Leonard at SS. I would like to see us make a play for OT Leonard Davis he's underacheived in ARZ but not as much as Big Mike and I think he could still be a rock for us. Just some quick suggestions but I think we really need to trash the whole team and coaching staff.

dannyek71
11-21-2005, 10:50 AM
oh and spikes is only 28

We cant even assume he will be half the player he was before the injury.

Im not impressed with Willis. He seems to run hard when he wants too. Watch the highlights, he seems to head out of bounds whenever given the opprotunity rather than trying to run over the DB and get more yardage. (Although he is a good back, and given decent blocking, would be even greater)

doomsdayvirus
11-21-2005, 11:09 AM
we need to stop kidding ourselves that this will be a super-bowl caliber team any time soon. as much as i'd love to see the bills win it all there's a long line in front of them at the super bowl service counter in the afc. right now:

indianapolis
denver
san diego
cincinnati
pittsburgh

are all waiting their turn. we might as well take the time to build this team up right and become a dominant force in the league again, and stop looking for quick "silver bullet" fixes to get us in "NOW!".

losman, evans and mcgahee will be the core of this team. is it any coincidence that they were all born in the same year (1981)? even weirder, evans (3/11/81) was born only 1 day before losman (3/12/81).

just a random fact ;)

BFLOBILLSBURGH
11-21-2005, 11:14 AM
Look at Cleveland:

Last season they were a joke, they fired the GM and head coach. They cleaned house. Now they are 4-6, same record as the Bills.

We need to take a nice hard look at where this team is headed and make some decisions. New GM and new Head Coach.

Forward_Lateral
11-21-2005, 11:14 AM
Players that look like they have bright futures for the Bills: Baker, King, Greer, McGee and Crowell on D. Evans, Parrish, Losman, McGahee on Offense.

The pieces are there, just that some of the pieces are getting too old, and need to be replaced.

camelcowboy
11-21-2005, 11:27 AM
I don't think this team will be a winner again until Ralph croaks

Ralph croaks, this team is not in buffalo anymore. So they may be a winner, in Los Angles

Devin
11-21-2005, 11:32 AM
Ralph croaks, this team is not in buffalo anymore. So they may be a winner, in Los Angles

After watching everything happening with the Saints im not so sure about that.

Jan Reimers
11-21-2005, 12:02 PM
I would say we need serious help on the O and D lines and at both Free and Strong Safety, where we are getting long in the tooth.

Strengthening those areas, coupled with the development/emergence of Losman, Parrish and Everett, will make us much better, without undergoing a complete rebuilding process.

camelcowboy
11-21-2005, 12:05 PM
After watching everything happening with the Saints im not so sure about that.

Why, NFL wants to expand, So if its not Los Angles it could be Toronto, or Mexico City "that would be funny"

TacklingDummy
11-21-2005, 01:07 PM

Im thinking the samething. The Saints will not goto LA. They are going to SA, Texas.

When the commissioner talked recently about adding a team to the LA market I was thinking it sounded like a 5 year plan. I think Tag's is waiting on Wilson to move on in life and then the Bills can be go to LA.

dannyek71
11-21-2005, 01:08 PM
Im thinking the samething. The Saints will not goto LA. They are going to SA, Texas.

When the commissioner talked recently about adding a team to the LA market I was thinking it sounded like a 5 year plan. I think Tag's is waiting on Wilson to move on in life and then the Bills can be go to LA.

Sadly, I agree with you on that one....