PDA

View Full Version : Is it time to discuss........?

Earthquake Enyart
11-21-2005, 01:25 PM
Leinart vs. Marcus Vick?

OpIv37
11-21-2005, 01:36 PM
neither.

Leinart didn't play that well against ND, which was his only real test. He has "bust" written all over him. Marcus Vick is a troublemaker and had 7 turnovers in one game.

Iehoshua
11-21-2005, 01:36 PM
Houston will most likely have their choice of either, since I doubt San Fran will take another QB.

The Bills will most likely not be drafting either one.

L.A. Playa
11-21-2005, 01:39 PM
or is it time to discuss to trade WIllis and draft Reggie Bush ??

Earthquake Enyart
11-21-2005, 01:42 PM
Houston will most likely have their choice of either, since I doubt San Fran will take another QB.

The Bills will most likely not be drafting either one.
I don't see the Texans going QB. You put Superman on that team, and they aren't much better. Carr isn't that bad.

We should take whoever the Jets don't take, assuming we can stay ahead of them.

Devin
11-21-2005, 01:46 PM
Lienhart is the most NFL ready QB, reminds me a bit of Favre.

Vick is the most athletic and is a better passer then his bro.

Russell is my sleeper, think hes going to be a great MFL QB.

OpIv37
11-21-2005, 01:47 PM
or is it time to discuss to trade WIllis and draft Reggie Bush ??

that would be a much better idea, but would probably require Willis, a #1 and our extra #3.

Devin
11-21-2005, 01:48 PM
Reggie bush is gonna be something else man.

Mr. Miyagi
11-21-2005, 01:52 PM
Lienhart is the most NFL ready QB, reminds me a bit of Favre.
Vick is the most athletic and is a better passer then his bro.
Russell is my sleeper, think hes going to be a great MFL QB.
I thought Marcus was Michael's cousin, not brother? :huh:

Lienhart reminds me more of Tim Couch than Favre. JP is the watered down version of Favre.

Mr. Miyagi
11-21-2005, 01:53 PM
Reggie bush is gonna be something else man.
Yeah and I think Green Bay is going to get him.

Tatonka
11-21-2005, 01:58 PM
vick wont be coming out this season. he will stay for one more year at tech.

Jan Reimers
11-21-2005, 02:10 PM
I may be wrong, but I'm not going to give up on JP Losman after 5 starts.

We would be much better served to draft an O or D lineman in the first round, although that is not nearly as exciting as taking another QB or RB.

We already have a number of skill players. At some point, you have to bite the bullet and give them an O line to allow them to showcase their talents.

Mudflap1
11-21-2005, 02:18 PM
Leinart a bust? Three years from now I'll bring this thread back up. He has Carson Palmer, Peyton Manning, and Ben Roethlisberger written all over him. In fact, I think he's better than Palmer and Roethlisberger. Definitely the most NFL-ready QB since Peyton Manning.

The Bills need offensive and defensive linemen though, bad. I like the idea of bringing in a QB to compete with J.P., I've said that many times, but it depends on the coaching and general manager structure. If we have TD and MM, then no, because they'll just screw it up.

Organizational leadership is what we really need...

Jon

TedMock
11-21-2005, 02:31 PM
Leinart. Marcus Vick is the most overrated QB in college. I'm here in ACC country, so I've watched him several times, including once live. He is not nearly as impressive as his brother. Yes, he throws a better touch pass. Michael threw a line drive on every pass. He has good athleticism, but the media loves the "he's better than his brother" stories. He's nowhere near the frightening athlete that Michael was his sophomore year.

In Leinart's biggest challenge (Notre Dame), he came up huge when he needed to. He had his toughest game struggle-wise, but came up with a big run and a big pass in the final moments. The guy is a winner, at least for now. He appears to be the most NFL ready QB going.

L.A. Playa
11-21-2005, 02:31 PM
I will jump on the Leinhart could be headed down the Vinny Testaverde road, solid but never quite what he was in college, he is a winner but doesnt havea great NFL arm.

Reggie Bush told me its not a "given" that he is coming out this year he is still thinking about coming back.

If the Bills pick came up and Reggie was ther I say take him and in Rd 2 if he is ther take Drew Olson of UCLA he will be a better NFL QB than Matt Leinhart.

Rebuild the OL and DL through FA's the Bills have bad track record of drafting those positions high

Jeff1220
11-21-2005, 02:33 PM
I agree with bringing in someone to compete at QB, but not via the draft. Sign a young UFA QB that is looking for a shot to compete for the #1 spot, but wouldn't be a distraction as a back-up and get a late pick or undrafted QB to develop into a solid back-up.
Cut Kelly and Shane in '06

THE END OF ALL DAYS
11-21-2005, 02:36 PM
are you people insane !!!! :)

The bills will not draft another QB for years.

There is absolutly no reason to. Losman has not had any chance to show anything yet. our offensive line would make any QB look like crappola.

This talk is meaningless and not even entertaining. Lets talke reality and look at OL and DL in the draft.

Mr. Miyagi
11-21-2005, 02:36 PM
I agree with bringing in someone to compete at QB, but not via the draft. Sign a young UFA QB that is looking for a shot to compete for the #1 spot, but wouldn't be a distraction as a back-up and get a late pick or undrafted QB to develop into a solid back-up.
Cut Kelly and Shane in '06
Want a veteran that'll be sure to push JP? Bring back Flutie. Not that he'll compete for the job but he'll give JP all the experience in the world on politics and mind games.

Mudflap1
11-21-2005, 05:10 PM
J.P. plays just like Flutie, he's only bigger...

Jon

Jan Reimers
11-21-2005, 05:13 PM
J.P. plays just like Flutie, he's only bigger...

Jon
A bigger Flutie with a much stronger arm is a great thing.

DraftBoy
11-21-2005, 05:53 PM
Im all for drafting a Brad Smith, or DJ Shockley who we can get in rounds 3-5. Low risk pick at that point after taking DT Ngata in round 1 and OG Jean-Giles in round 2. Thus addressing both lines.

Crisis
11-21-2005, 06:22 PM
What about Cutler??

Mudflap1
11-21-2005, 06:31 PM
A bigger Flutie with a much stronger arm is a great thing.

Agreed.

Jon

ParanoidAndroid
11-21-2005, 06:34 PM
I would peg Leinart for more of a Jake Plummer.

What about Vince Young?

RedEyE
11-21-2005, 06:36 PM
When are people going to understand that the OL makes or breaks an offense. Imagine Mike Vick behind the Colts OL.

The Bills need to think OL first and DL second. If that means letting Clemnts go to free up some money, than so be it. Mike Williams should get the axe, unless he wants renegotiate for vet min and be a productive backup.

Mudflap1
11-21-2005, 06:41 PM
This thread is ridiculous to me. What kind of glasses do you people wear when you watch football? Leinart is no better than a Jake Plummer-type prospect, but J.P. has Hall of Fame potential because he couldn't make it at UCLA, transferred to Tulane (a mid-Division I-A school at best), and was a late first round draft pick? Not only that, but then you compare him to Eli Manning, Peyton Manning, and Carson Palmer all day long in terms of how good he'll be if he just gets a chance to take his lumps.

Hello! Manning, Manning, and Palmer were number one overall picks, like Leinart probably will be. J.P. wasn't. There is a reason he was the 4th QB taken. Don't get me wrong, I'm rooting for the kid, I think he's got ability and potential, but you guys are such a bunch of homers it's ridiculous. If we didn't take Losman last year and we were looking for a franchise QB and we drafted Leinart, everyone on here would be drooling that we've got the greatest college QB ever who made Carson Palmer look like a piker, on our team.

Instead y'all are suggesting that he's going to be a bust. Insanity.

Jon

RedEyE
11-21-2005, 06:41 PM
With that being said, drafting a QB isn't a bad suggestion either. No knock against Losman, but you should always be thinking the next step ahead. And position competition is never a bad thing. I'd like to see a QB drafted out of a late round. Someone like Oregon's Kellen Clemens

DraftBoy
11-21-2005, 07:24 PM
With that being said, drafting a QB isn't a bad suggestion either. No knock against Losman, but you should always be thinking the next step ahead. And position competition is never a bad thing. I'd like to see a QB drafted out of a late round. Someone like Oregon's Kellen Clemens

QB's I would consider:
Reggie McNeal Texas A&M
Charlie Whitehurst Clemson
DJ Shockley Georgia
Brad Smith Missouri

Other than that I dont see much available without wasting a 2nd round or higher pick. Which Im not willing to do bc I believe they need to be used on addressing OL and DL.

SeatownBillsFan21
11-21-2005, 08:03 PM
Vick will stay

Turf
11-21-2005, 08:38 PM
It's time to discuss linemen on both sides of the ball.

RedEyE
11-22-2005, 08:41 AM
I'm telling you guys that Shockley is not a pro QB. I could see him being drafted as Slash 4 in Pittsburgh though.

I've always been envious of Pittsburgh's situation where as they have a slew of talent on offense that can be used in unconventional ways. Hines wrd might be the most dependable WR in th league right now next to Marvin Harrison. That play that Ward and Randle El pulled on Sunday Night a couple weeks back (reverse pass) was so well executed, ending in 7 pts. I like having the type of player on offense that has experience with and talent with other positions. Peters is similar in his own way.

Even still, I'd never hop that Buffalo would draft Shockley. Even as WR. God knows we have enough of them already.

jmb1099
11-22-2005, 09:00 AM
Any qb we may draft, any qb we may pick up in fa, any qb we currently have, any qb in the nfl or college or anywhere football is played for that matter needs an offensive line. It is the foundation, it is the most crucial part of a successful offense. Nothing in life stands without a solid foundation period.

HHURRICANE
11-22-2005, 09:45 AM
This whole Thread is beyond stupid. Losman is not the problem. We have a QB and Holcomb is a very good backup. The problem runs so much deeper on this team. Look at how much better Bledsoe is this year. Our OL and DL sucks. PERIOD. Give me a break with Kelsey, Denney and Schobel. Skinny white guys... just what you need on the D. Our OL is even more ridiculous. Jason Peters(who is a stud) is now our starting RT after never playing the position in his life. Villareal, Teague, Anderson, Gandy, and Williams, WTF. And you idiots want to discuss a new QB. No wonders TD can put this **** on the field.

:curse:

DraftBoy
11-22-2005, 11:49 AM
I'm telling you guys that Shockley is not a pro QB. I could see him being drafted as Slash 4 in Pittsburgh though.

I've always been envious of Pittsburgh's situation where as they have a slew of talent on offense that can be used in unconventional ways. Hines wrd might be the most dependable WR in th league right now next to Marvin Harrison. That play that Ward and Randle El pulled on Sunday Night a couple weeks back (reverse pass) was so well executed, ending in 7 pts. I like having the type of player on offense that has experience with and talent with other positions. Peters is similar in his own way.

Even still, I'd never hop that Buffalo would draft Shockley. Even as WR. God knows we have enough of them already.

What WR's do we have that you would consider to be sure keepers....Evans, Parrish....and......yea so why would we not want another WR who we could use as a slash type like Hines Ward (former college QB), or Antwaan Randle-El (former college QB) who have both become very dependable WR's. Aside I have to disagree I think that Shockley will be a good pro QB he has the mobility, the arm strength, and the accuracy. He has also taken UGA on his shoulders this season and been the rock for that team. What about him makes you think he will not be a NFL qb, Brad Smith I could see as not being an NFL QB but Shockley has proven his worth against top NCAA teams.

RedEyE
11-22-2005, 01:04 PM
What WR's do we have that you would consider to be sure keepers....Evans, Parrish....and......yea so why would we not want another WR who we could use as a slash type like Hines Ward (former college QB), or Antwaan Randle-El (former college QB) who have both become very dependable WR's. Aside I have to disagree I think that Shockley will be a good pro QB he has the mobility, the arm strength, and the accuracy. He has also taken UGA on his shoulders this season and been the rock for that team. What about him makes you think he will not be a NFL qb, Brad Smith I could see as not being an NFL QB but Shockley has proven his worth against top NCAA teams.

Good point about the WRs. I was looking to hard into this season. Reed is a goner and Moulds too, most likey. With that being said, I wouldn't mind seeing him drafted at WR. ....but as a QB....

I've watched quite a few UGA games and I know what everyone wants to believe....Mike Vick. Sorry, not the same caliber player. At best you've got Kordell Stewart. While Shockley can prove exciting at times, I'm a skeptic of his throwing accuracy as well as his arm strength. He's passes are slow to get down field and when they do they often float to the receiver rather than drop in the basket. Quite often his passes are off que inside the 20 as well. It's no doubt that he has the speed necessary to elude a pro rush, I just don't like what I see in the way of his pass technique. With some help he might improve some, but I'm more willing to bet that his abilities would be better utilized in a speed position such as WR. A pro secondary would pick this kid apart.

Crazygoo
11-22-2005, 01:17 PM
i would have to say that JP is not the problem. The problem lies within both the OL and DL. Think of where we would be if the line could block for JP and give him some time. Those two TD's that he threw against KC were because there was no one in his face and he had time to set up, plant his feet and throw the ball. If the line could open up holes for Willis he would be doing much better. The reason he is dancing back there is because there is no where for him to go. By the time he gets though the line the LBs are already there. On defense we couldn't stop a running about in a wheelchair. The only reason that LT didn't go over 100 yards is because Drew B was throwing all day long. I really think that we need to spend our early draft picks on linemen.

Mudflap1
11-22-2005, 01:23 PM
No question that a good offensive line makes all of the skill position players better. No question that at a good defensive line does the same thing.

Blocking, tackling, running the ball, and stopping the run, the basic keys to football success. Except our braintrust missed that apparently...

Jon

Crazygoo
11-22-2005, 01:35 PM
No question that a good offensive line makes all of the skill position players better. No question that at a good defensive line does the same thing.

Blocking, tackling, running the ball, and stopping the run, the basic keys to football success. Except our braintrust missed that apparently...

Jon
100% agree with you

RedEyE
11-22-2005, 02:13 PM
Nobody reads on this board.

frank74
11-22-2005, 03:04 PM
o-line and d-line before anything. i agree with the fact that we also need another receiver, but it may be a lot different this year if we had a line that was able to give our receivers enough time to finish their routes. josh reed.....and to think he won the fred biletnikoff award. unreal.

DraftBoy
11-22-2005, 04:47 PM
Good point about the WRs. I was looking to hard into this season. Reed is a goner and Moulds too, most likey. With that being said, I wouldn't mind seeing him drafted at WR. ....but as a QB....

I've watched quite a few UGA games and I know what everyone wants to believe....Mike Vick. Sorry, not the same caliber player. At best you've got Kordell Stewart. While Shockley can prove exciting at times, I'm a skeptic of his throwing accuracy as well as his arm strength. He's passes are slow to get down field and when they do they often float to the receiver rather than drop in the basket. Quite often his passes are off que inside the 20 as well. It's no doubt that he has the speed necessary to elude a pro rush, I just don't like what I see in the way of his pass technique. With some help he might improve some, but I'm more willing to bet that his abilities would be better utilized in a speed position such as WR. A pro secondary would pick this kid apart.

Ill give you the point on his slow passes downfield but I disagree on pass accuracy and strength. He has shown decent accuracy with 55% this past season 28-8 TD to INT ratio (3:1). If you look at his WR's which I know you have being from GA like myself you know they are nothing special and have major dropsies. Especially since there most reliable WR has been a freshman. Even Pope has had a very sketchy season. I think two to three years behind somebody as a project type player would possibly provide amazing results. He has emense skill which Im sure you wont argue with I just think he can make it as an NFL QB. Which QB's do you personally like and I agree nobody reads on this board.