PDA

View Full Version : Reggie Bush for Willis Mcgahee??

Kerr
11-21-2005, 07:42 PM
Alright, i've been seeing a lot of posts here about possibly going after Bush and trading in Mcgahee. What are the odds of this happening? What would it take?
If you ask me, I would take Reggie Bush over Mcgahee. While I admire Mcgahee's work ethic and determination to come back from a serious injury like the one he did, he has not exceeded expectations. Yeah, you could say some of it has to do with having a poor line, but this guy is supposed to be a gamebreaker. Willis is also part of the blame the qb ***** wagon who has an attitude towards his starting qb, his boss on the field. What type of bs is that? Jim Kelly would have ***** slapped him right on the sidelines. Add along the fact that he and Drew Rosenhous are like a ventriloquist act, it gets very tedious with him. I remember all the excitement when we drafted him and how he was going to break records and electrify the league early in his career. Ronnie Brown, a rookie rb, has looked more explosive than Willis this season. When was the last time you saw Willis break a long one? It seems that if he hits a long run, he ends up slowing down. Back to Brown, Miami doesn't exactly have one of the best lines in the league either. The point is Willis has gotten boring, and everything else that has gone on with him recently has made him a sour spot on this team. Reggie Bush is a gamebreaker. You know that when Bush is on the field, he can make something happen. Mcgahee can't hold Bush's jockstrap. You're going to see that when Bush enters the league, he's going to be right up there with LT.

Feedback.

SeatownBillsFan21
11-21-2005, 08:18 PM
no

DMBcrew36
11-21-2005, 09:14 PM
McGahee is not our problem. We have a list of problems and he is not in that list.

Dozerdog
11-21-2005, 10:01 PM
Put the video game down- this isn't Madden.

TigerJ
11-21-2005, 10:06 PM
Reggie Bush will be drafted in the top 4 of the draft. The Bills are not going to rise that far in the draft so it's a moot point.

camelcowboy
11-21-2005, 11:25 PM
I would take USC oline over buffalos.

Canadian'eh!
11-22-2005, 12:10 AM
If we we'reactually that high in the draft i'd hope we make a play for leinart.
but i'm drunk.

Marvelous
11-22-2005, 12:36 AM
McGahee is not our problem. We have a list of problems and he is not in that list.
Yes he is.. McGahee is good but he is missing something..I can't put muy finger on it, but it' ssomething along the lines of hunger to win....

Tinboy
11-22-2005, 12:40 AM
NO no no, keep Willis. We need to upgrade out o-line and d-line in the draft not draft another RB!

Player Team YDS Att Avg TDs Long
1 Shaun Alexander SEA 1229 232 5.3 19 88
2 Edgerrin James IND 1116 247 4.5 11 33
3 Warrick Dunn ATL 978 195 5.0 3 65
4 Tiki Barber NYG 967 196 4.9 6 59
5 LaDainian Tomlinson SD 902 211 4.3 14 62
6 Willis McGahee BUF 895 215 4.2 4 27
7 Reuben Droughns CLE 868 192 4.5 2 75
8 Clinton Portis WAS 856 193 4.4 5 41
9 Rudi Johnson CIN 854 207 4.1 5 25
10 Larry Johnson KC 849 160 5.3 8 46

I say the kid is alright.

ParanoidAndroid
11-22-2005, 01:50 AM
McGahee is one of the players on this team who wants do be great and puts in the effort. He's no Barry Sanders, who could put up big numbers with a crappy line and no legitimate passing threat, but he's shown that he can wear a defense down and get the tough yards even against 8 in the box.
If we ever get a legitmate passing game while he is here, he could be a top 5 RB, right up there with Edge, SA, and LT.

DMBcrew36
11-22-2005, 05:35 AM
Yes he is.. McGahee is good but he is missing something..I can't put muy finger on it, but it' ssomething along the lines of hunger to win....

That's your opinion, I suppose. But seriously, we have sooo many other things we need to do and spend money on. Issues that are much larger than the RB position that need to be taken care of.

J-Dog
11-22-2005, 05:52 AM
I agree McGahee is NOT the problem, our offensive line is they are pure offensive. In 15 years of watching Bills football I have never seen an offensive line so poor in pass protection. (Poor JP) McGahee makes his own yards and is still one of the league leaders in rushing. We need to draft all Offensive linemen in this April's draft. If we don't we need to get a new GM and head coach!!!! I will remain a true Bills fan and pull for them every Suday regardless how frustrating it is at times.

Night Train
11-22-2005, 08:07 AM
I can understand , just for discussion, taking about Reggie Bush. He is a rare talent, in the Gale Sayers mode of open field ability.

That someone even mentioned Leinart is comical. What a waste of $$ and a pick.

TedMock
11-22-2005, 08:49 AM
Guys, seriously. The kid is still 6th in the league in rushing. His 4.2 ypc. is right on par with the rest of the group. What he lacks is a clean hole to run through. He'll NEVER break a 60 yard run unless he gets a big hole, and can break outside. By the time he squeezes through the line, the LB's are right in his face. He has a potentially solid young QB with very little experience, or an aging, below average career backup to lean on. The odds are not in his favor at any level. Look at the guys ahead of him. They get the benefits of Peyton Manning, Matt Hasselback, Michael Vick, Eli Manning, and Drew Brees. Willis easily has a much worse o-line and 2 QB's that aren't at the level of these guys. JP has the talent, and looks much better than he did. Hopefully he pulls an Eli Manning, and things look a lot different next year. However, unless the o-line improves, JP, McGahee, Evans, etc. will never reach full potential.

Bill Brasky
11-22-2005, 09:48 AM
At this point I'd do it. McGahee has really shown me nothing in his 2 years here.

Three years into his career, he should be in his prime right now and he's shown nothing. Yeah, he doesn't have a good line or QB, but I think a guy like Bush is a playmaker, Willis hasn't shown me that he can break off big runs or change the dynamic of a game.... Bush can... he can do it all - special teams, catching, rushing, make tacklers miss... McGahee can't do any of those things.

Plus he's younger and doesn't have severe injuries on his record...

McGahee is a decent back, but not worth the hassle or the money he will be demanding. You can tell he doesn't want to play here, and he has shown no real desire to help this team or franchise win... and he's already starting to turn into a ****ing headcase.

At this point, I'd go after Bush and ship McGahee off to a place where he wants to be and to a place that will compensate us

Kerr
11-22-2005, 09:56 AM
At this point I'd do it. McGahee has really shown me nothing in his 2 years here.

Three years into his career, he should be in his prime right now and he's shown nothing. Yeah, he doesn't have a good line or QB, but I think a guy like Bush is a playmaker, Willis hasn't shown me that he can break off big runs or change the dynamic of a game.... Bush can... he can do it all - special teams, catching, rushing, make tacklers miss... McGahee can't do any of those things.

Plus he's younger and doesn't have severe injuries on his record...

McGahee is a decent back, but not worth the hassle or the money he will be demanding. You can tell he doesn't want to play here, and he has shown no real desire to help this team or franchise win... and he's already starting to turn into a ****ing headcase.

At this point, I'd go after Bush and ship McGahee off to a place where he wants to be and to a place that will compensate us

Exactly my thoughts.

Kerr
11-22-2005, 10:00 AM
Guys, seriously. The kid is still 6th in the league in rushing. His 4.2 ypc. is right on par with the rest of the group. What he lacks is a clean hole to run through. He'll NEVER break a 60 yard run unless he gets a big hole, and can break outside. By the time he squeezes through the line, the LB's are right in his face. He has a potentially solid young QB with very little experience, or an aging, below average career backup to lean on. The odds are not in his favor at any level. Look at the guys ahead of him. They get the benefits of Peyton Manning, Matt Hasselback, Michael Vick, Eli Manning, and Drew Brees. Willis easily has a much worse o-line and 2 QB's that aren't at the level of these guys. JP has the talent, and looks much better than he did. Hopefully he pulls an Eli Manning, and things look a lot different next year. However, unless the o-line improves, JP, McGahee, Evans, etc. will never reach full potential.

I have to disagree. Do you know thomas jones of the bears? I've seen that guy break real big runs and never slows down. His qb's were grossman and now orton. In those regards I don't think it's really about what qb you have under center.