PDA

View Full Version : Forked Thread: Lets look at the remaining schedule without any blinders on

Earthquake Enyart
11-22-2005, 07:36 AM
Forked from: Lets look at the remaining schedule without any blinders on (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?postid=1223814)

This is the way I look at it. If NE losses to Indy this week, we only have to beat them at home and match them game for game the rest of the way.
So assuming they lose to Indy, we're one game back.
KC & San Diego - These are tough games but I think we can get the split. We're a totally different team at home and we seem to thrive (fans and players) off of the cold weather. I see no reason why we can't beat KC here. They're solid but they're not great. We'll call it a split. 4-6
Over the same stretch NE gets games at Miami and at home against NO. They're going to kill NO. So as tough as it may sound, we'd have to root for Miami. They beat NE in Miami last year. Let's hope they can do it again. 5-5 (still one game ahead of us).
Week 12
Carolina- Again, no reason we can't beat these guys in Buffalo. They're a solid team but it'll be nice and cold and we'll have the home field edge. 5-6
NE goes to KC. Tough place to play. They lose, 5-6 we're tied.
At this point the talk around here is why bother, 5-6 is so bad, we're going to get killed in the playoffs so why bother.
Week 13
Miami- Now this is a tough game. Miami is a terrible team but they play tough at home and they play real tough against AFC East teams at home. Last year in Miami they played us very tough and they beat NE. I can only hope that the idea of getting back to .500 will inspire us to beat them but it won't be easy. 6-6
NE goes to NY to play the Jets. They'll win by 28 points! 6-6
Week 14
NE comes here! We win this one. Both teams 6-6, the place is going crazy. We take out 5 years of frustration on the Pats. Bills 7-6 (4-1) NE 6-7 (2-2)
Week 15
Denver - This is tough! I really think we can beat this team at home and at night. Plus Denver seems to always melt down at the end of every season. I'm just afraid that if I pick us to win, I'll lose credibility with some of you. But who cares, We pull out a great game and win this baby to go 8-6. 4 wins in a row.
NE gets Tampa Bay at home. They eat up who ever is playing QB for Tampa. This stinks because if we got to play Tampa with Chris Simms at QB we may have won also. 7-7 We're still up by one game.
Week 16 - Again, I think we can beat Cinci, but it proves to be too much. They beat us. 8-7
NE beats the hell out of the Jets in NY. 8-7
Week 17
Doesn't matter what NE does. If we win in NY, we go 9-7 (5-1) Even if NE can beat Miami the best they can do is 9-7 (4-2). We win the division.
Sure we're 9-7 but we get to go to a game at the Ralph the next weekend, Probably against Cincy or Jacksonville or KC or Denver. I think we could win the first rounder and we'd most likely get smoked in the second round but it would give us great playoff experience.
So let’s break down some facts.
-We win all of our home games and beat Miami and the Jets on the road. Reasonable
-We win 4 in a row. But of those 4 games, 3 are at home and 1 is in Miami. Reasonable.
-NE has 3 losses. In KC, in Buffalo and in Miami! All road games! Reasonable.
It could happen!

Still alive, Patty!

Sunday is a must win. Carolina is a lousy road team, beaten by the Bears and Saints on the road, and just squeaking by in other games.