PDA

View Full Version : Bernard Pollard - Safety

Lexwhat
11-22-2005, 10:21 AM
"Purdue University strong safety Bernard Pollard, one of the top junior secondary players in the country, will forgo his final season of college eligibility to enter the 2006 NFL draft, ESPN.com has confirmed...

While scouts are precluded from addressing a prospect's potential until they officially file paperwork with the NFL and are cleared for the draft, the consensus is that Pollard will be an early-round selection. Some scouts surveyed on Monday evening by ESPN.com assessed that Pollard could be a first-round choice but also cautioned that the evaluation process is still in its early stages....

Scouts also like the fact that Pollard, while physically mature, is still young by NFL standards and won't turn 21 until next month."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2232567

-------------------------------------------------------------------

DEPENDING on our draft position and who is available, I might consider taking this guy, but I don't know much about him. Would he be the highest rated safety in this draft?

mysticsoto
11-22-2005, 01:19 PM
"Purdue University strong safety Bernard Pollard, one of the top junior secondary players in the country, will forgo his final season of college eligibility to enter the 2006 NFL draft, ESPN.com has confirmed...

While scouts are precluded from addressing a prospect's potential until they officially file paperwork with the NFL and are cleared for the draft, the consensus is that Pollard will be an early-round selection. Some scouts surveyed on Monday evening by ESPN.com assessed that Pollard could be a first-round choice but also cautioned that the evaluation process is still in its early stages....

Scouts also like the fact that Pollard, while physically mature, is still young by NFL standards and won't turn 21 until next month."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2232567

-------------------------------------------------------------------

DEPENDING on our draft position and who is available, I might consider taking this guy, but I don't know much about him. Would he be the highest rated safety in this draft?

Dline is our top priority in the draft unless we could address it in FA. Oline would be next, then probably WR, then either SS or CB. I think we will probably pick up a Strong Safety this year, but it probably won't be until the 4th round atleast...although we do have 2 3rds this coming year, don't we???

CAbills
11-22-2005, 05:22 PM
I currently attend Purdue and have been able to watch him play for two years now. He makes some punishing hits, doesn't missed tackles, and great in run support. However his pass defense leaves something to be desired. It will be interesting how he makes the transition into the pros. I can see him as a second/ third rounder. I can't see anyone taking that big of a gamble in the first.