PDA

View Full Version : Week 12: Post your picks!!! (Early this week)

doomsdayvirus
11-22-2005, 01:25 PM
so it turns out that i'm not really nostradamus. my crystal ball hath shattered and this week i put down the pipe and start making real picks again...

--------$----------$----------$----------$----------$----------$--------

ATLANTA @ DETROIT : ATLANTA
sorry detroit, but nobody gets to play the super bowl in their own backyard. this year will be no different. stick to hockey.

DENVER @ DALLAS : DENVER
to me this is the only real matchup worth watching on thanksgiving, and probably one of the biggest games of the week. parcells has found a way to turn around this disorganized franchise in just a short time, but denver has proven to be a powerhouse of their own in the afc. it should be a shootout, but denver is more disciplined and that will be the difference.

ST. LOUIS @ HOUSTON : HOUSTON
houston has got to get another win sometime right? st. louis just keeps on slipping.

NEW ENGLAND @ KANSAS CITY : NEW ENGLAND
kc coming off that big win against who? oh yeah, houston, nevermind. new england further separates themselves from the afc east pack this week with a win at home against a chiefs team that couldn't even keep up with the bills. the pats record might not be outstanding, but their losses have been handed to them throughout the most difficult part of their schedule. the rest of the season should be easier for them.

CLEVELAND @ MINNESOTA : CLEVELAND
can minnesota stack up 3 wins in a row? i'm not betting on it. they weren't terribly convincing on monday night against the pack, but cleveland's reuben droughns certainly was against the dolphins.

CAROLINA @ BUFFALO : CAROLINA
i almost picked the bills here. they've been good at home and their offense is finally showing some signs of life despite the blowout last week. but the coaching is terrible. mularkey is unwilling to name a QB and stick with him, he refuses to even acknowledge that the o-line is a problem or that the d-line isn't much better. and then there's the play calling. any 2nd with a copy of madden '05 could come up with better game plans. and this IS carolina. they won't drop 2 in a row.

CHICAGO @ TAMPA BAY : CHICAGO
i've been talking about how underrated chicago is all season long, yet i keep picking against them. this week i'm calling on them to beat tampa and prove themselves to the rest of the league as a serious pla

BALTIMORE @ CINCINNATI : CINCINNATI
the bengals have some making up to do after last week's loss to indy. they'll get it done at home against the ravens.

SAN DIEGO @ WASHINGTON : SAN DIEGO
it won't be the blowout that they had last week, but the chargers will keep their playoff hopes alive against a redskins team that seems to be losing some of it's steam.

SAN FRANCISCO @ TENNESSEE : TENNESSEE
tennessee finally puts a win together against the struggling 49'ers at home this week.

MIAMI @ OAKLAND : OAKLAND
miami continues to fall, while oakland continues their stride into mediocrity again. it'll be enough to knock the dolphins out of the afc east picture for good.

JACKSONVILLE @ ARIZONA : JACKSONVILLE
arizona finally pulled off a win last week, but don't expect them to make it a routine. especially against the playoff hungry jags.

GREEN BAY @ PHILADELPHIA : GREEN BAY
green bay has been so close to pulling off a win the last couple weeks. meanwhile, philly struggles to stay relevant. the eagles season is over, they're beaten down and demoralized and looking ahead to next year, but farve still wants to win every game.

NEW YORK (NYG) @ SEATTLE : SEATTLE
the 2nd of the 3 big games this week is a possible preview of the nfc championship game. two of the highest powered offenses in the league square off in the northeast. but the seahwaks continue to sizzle as the giants are starting to fizzle. will the trend continue?

NEW ORLEANS @ NEW YORK (NYJ) : NEW ORLEANS
this one is a tough call, but i think that the jets just have too many problems still. wild card team my arse. the saints will take this one "home" with them.

PITTSBURGH @ INDIANAPOLIS : INDIANAPOLIS
the final 3rd of the big 3 games. any time indy plays a formidable afc opponent this year it's big news. hell, at this point any time indy plays anyone it's big news. pittsburgh looks like they'll have roethlisberger back in the lineup, but he won't be back in his groove quite yet, and won't have a chance to against a colts team that just never lets up.

Season & Weekly Record
------------------------------
WK 1......8/16...(8-8)....50%
WK 2......6/16...(6-10)...38%
WK 3......6/14...(6-8)....42%
WK 4.....10/14...(10-4)...71%
WK 5.....10/14...(10-4)...71%
WK 6.....10/14...(10-4)...71%
WK 7.....10/14...(10-4)...71%
WK 8.....10/14...(10-4)...71%
WK 9......9/14...(9-5)....64%
WK 10....11/14...(11-3)...79%
WK 11.....8/16...(8-8)....50%
Season...98/152..(98-62)..63%

Nublar7
11-22-2005, 06:53 PM

DENVER @ DALLAS : DALLAS

ST. LOUIS @ HOUSTON : ST. LOUIS

NEW ENGLAND @ KANSAS CITY : KANSAS CITY

CLEVELAND @ MINNESOTA : MINNESOTA

CAROLINA @ BUFFALO : CAROLINA

CHICAGO @ TAMPA BAY : CHICAGO

SAN DIEGO @ WASHINGTON : WASHINGTON

JACKSONVILLE @ ARIZONA : JACKSONVILLE

GREEN BAY @ PHILADELPHIA : PHILADELPHIA

NEW YORK (NYG) @ SEATTLE : SEATTLE

PITTSBURGH @ INDIANAPOLIS : PITTSBURGH (Upset Special)

doomsdayvirus
11-23-2005, 12:03 PM
bumpity bump bump....

just a reminder, the games start TOMORROW, get your picks in NOW!!!

happy thanxgiving!!!

DynaPaul
11-23-2005, 06:17 PM
Quick and dirty for me. Last week I went an awesome 12 - 4. Since I've been picking my record is 81 - 47. Here's this weeks picks:

Atlanta
Denver
Cincinnati
Buffalo
Tampa Bay
Minnesota
Kansas City
Washington
Tennessee
St. Louis
Arizona
Oakland
Green Bay
Seattle
New Orleans
Pittsburgh

Mahdi
11-23-2005, 06:37 PM

DENVER @ DALLAS : DALLAS

ST. LOUIS @ HOUSTON : HOUSTON

NEW ENGLAND @ KANSAS CITY : KANSAS CITY

CLEVELAND @ MINNESOTA : MINNESOTA

CAROLINA @ BUFFALO : BUFFALO

CHICAGO @ TAMPA BAY : TAMPA BAY

SAN DIEGO @ WASHINGTON : SAN DIEGO

JACKSONVILLE @ ARIZONA : ARIZONA

GREEN BAY @ PHILADELPHIA : PHILADELPHIA

NEW YORK (NYG) @ SEATTLE :SEATTLE

PITTSBURGH @ INDIANAPOLIS : INDY

CanaanVtBillsFan
11-23-2005, 10:49 PM
Happy Thanksgiving
Hey Doomsday your math is wrong for your picks
the total so far is 160 you have 152
ATL
DEN
CINCY
CAROL-PLEASE PROOVE ME WRONG
CHIC
MIN
KC
SD
TEN
STL
JACKS
OAK
GB
SEAT
NYJ
INDY- I like the upset people on this thread are predicting Hey like the lotto you never know, but I'm chicken to pick this as an upset
week 1- 7/16
week 2- 9/16
week 3- 8/14
week 4- 13/14
week 5- 9/14
week 6- 10/14
week 7- 7/14
week 8- 9/14
week 9- 10/14

week 10- 11/14
week 11- 12/16
---------------------------
105/160
Yahoo has 4 guys who pick each week and hopefully I don't curse myself, but I'm actually picking better than all of them by a hair:cloud9: . The top guy is looking for some upsets this week
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/pickem;_ylt=AhVX.a1VGFAvAZqYLjSp0YJDubYF