PDA

View Full Version : "if we are starting JP"

OpIv37
11-22-2005, 03:45 PM
if we had a real coach, we wouldn't even be asking this question :fit:

Mularkey needs to show some balls. He has lost this team.

STAMPY
11-22-2005, 03:54 PM
lets trade for Rivers lol

Michael82
11-22-2005, 03:54 PM
Agreed. He really ****ed up and lost his team when he played around with the QB position and then benched the player that the team was supposed to be behind. He handled it all wrong. The way to do it would have been to let them compete from the beginning and whoever wins it, gets it. Or start Kelly Holcomb from the beginning and if he can't do it, bring the future in and develop JP Losman.

billsburgh
11-22-2005, 05:23 PM
this has to have some effect on the qb's when every week he wont come out and commit to one player. it's as if he is showing a lack of confidence in both players

TacklingDummy
11-22-2005, 05:54 PM
If JP would of played up to his hype, then switching QBs wouldn't of been an issue. The only one to blame for JP being benched is JP.

billsburgh
11-22-2005, 05:59 PM
you cant lay all of the blame on JP. the defense has been a HUGE disappointment and the coaches leaned on JP too much too soon by not running Wiliis enough.

OpIv37
11-22-2005, 08:47 PM
If JP would of played up to his hype, then switching QBs wouldn't of been an issue. The only one to blame for JP being benched is JP.

JP did not play well and probably deserved to be benched. BUT- if Mularkey had a real camp competition, he would have known that from day 1 and we never would have gotten into that situation.

Now, JP played well for 2 straight games, Holcomb looked like **** in his last two, plus he's old and not getting any better. There is no reason to start Holcomb at this point.

And billsburgh has a good point. JP was supposed to have a strong D to rely on- all he was supposed to do was not make mistakes. Well, the D failed and extra pressure was put on him early in the season. That wasn't supposed to happen.

BillsFever21
11-22-2005, 10:21 PM
Hopefully most people have come to their senses and realize Mularkey is a terrible coach that won't get us anywhere. I've been saying it all season. This game was the final nail in the coffin.

billsburgh
11-23-2005, 12:22 AM
that must be why so many steeler fans were so glad to see him gone as their offensive coordinator.

Kerr
11-23-2005, 01:46 AM
that must be why so many steeler fans were so glad to see him gone as their offensive coordinator.

I remember some steeler fans were warning us about Mularkey. They were right on their convictions.

billsburgh
11-23-2005, 01:58 AM
I remember some steeler fans were warning us about Mularkey. They were right on their convictions.
the ones I workwith warned me about the trick plays on 3rd and 4th and short
and basically laughed at me when the bills hired him.

TacklingDummy
11-23-2005, 04:37 AM
Now, JP played well for 2 straight games

2 straight games?

I hope your not saying he played well in the SD game. He played like garbage just like the rest of the Bills. He had 2 Prevent Defense drives at the end of the game that rescued his stats from being total crap.

Jan Reimers
11-23-2005, 07:50 AM
Hopefully most people have come to their senses and realize Mularkey is a terrible coach that won't get us anywhere. I've been saying it all season. This game was the final nail in the coffin.
Mularkey is a weak and indecisive Pittsburgh croney of TD's, so TD is safe from the kind of power struggle he lost to a strong personality like Cowher.