PDA

View Full Version : Favre to Miami?

Kerr
11-23-2005, 02:05 AM
Brett Favre needs to make a decision: does he want to retire as a Packer, or does he want to keep playing on a team with a chance to win? He probably can't do both. Even if he finished his career elsewhere, we would always remember him in a Green Bay uniform — who thinks of Joe Montana as a member of the Chiefs? Miami's first-round pick to Green Bay for Favre would turn the Dolphins into Super Bowl contenders and give the Packers two top-10 picks to start their rebuilding

The guy who came up with the power rankings at foxsports put this up and it almost made me kind of nervous to think that the dolphins could actually pull something like this off. It seems like Farve's days in Green Bay are outnumbered considering the pack drafted Aaron Rodgers to replace him eventually. It would make sense for Miami to trade for him since they want to win now, instead of rebuild.

Imagine if they got farve, losman became an eli manning sophmore type qb for us and the jets got leinhart in the draft.
I would expect for our division to be competitive again.

Devin
11-23-2005, 02:11 AM
No Chance.

The_Philster
11-23-2005, 03:05 AM
Miami's first-round pick to Green Bay for Favre would turn the Dolphins into Super Bowl contenders :spit: I don't see it

Crazygoo
11-23-2005, 07:15 AM
I don't think that will ever happen. I think he is tied up in all the green bay garbage. If he can't play there i don't think he will play any where else.

jamze132
11-23-2005, 07:18 AM
This is a rediculous idea. Who in the hell in their right mind would trade a #1 draft pick for a guy contemplating retirement? I don't even think the Dolphins are that stupid but I would laugh my ass off.

Kerr
11-23-2005, 09:00 AM
I don't think the retirement would happen if he were offered the chance to go to another team where he can be the starter for a couple of years before he retires. When KC got Joe Montana, they were playoff bound. I'm not saying I want it to happen, but like I said, I would be kind of terrified because I don't truly think farve is done. I'm not even a farve fan, but I think once he got out of green bay, if there's a team who wants him, he'd take the opportunity to play for them because he loves the game.

Mr. Miyagi
11-23-2005, 09:27 AM
I'm in the local area hearing about this everyday. Farve has explicitly said that he would not go to another team, that he wants to retire as a Packer.

So, be at ease.

Kerr
11-23-2005, 09:47 AM
I'm in the local area hearing about this everyday. Farve has explicitly said that he would not go to another team, that he wants to retire as a Packer.

So, be at ease.

That's fine. I hope he does, but I would never leave out the possibility of him changing his mind.

Kerr
11-23-2005, 10:02 AM
Quote from the Capital Times:

Favre's future: Brett Favre says that whenever he hangs up his cleats, it will be for good and Packers fans don't need to worry about him putting on another team's uniform to try for another championship.
"No. I promise you I won't be one of those guys who says that and then retires and shows up for someone else. And they say, 'I knew it.' I think the reason why is, I don't have the energy to learn a new offense," Favre said Wednesday.
Favre said he couldn't imagine playing anywhere else.
"The fact that I've spent so much time here in Green Bay and so many good things and so many bad things have happened that we do consider this our second home," he said. "And to start over, even if it's for a year, I can't think of too many guys who've started over and have had a successful year or two years or whatever. To me, it's not worth it.
" It's kind of like Jim McMahon. A good friend of mine. I know when he won that ring with us, it just didn't feel right. I mean, he would tell you that, too."

We'll see if truly sticks to his word, but I guess the guy at foxsports never heard about this either.

BillsFever21
11-23-2005, 10:05 AM
I wish this would happen. I'd love to see Miami dump a 1st round pick away on an old QB.

He is still good but not good enough to get Miami anywhere. It won't happen but I wish it would.

Bill Brasky
11-23-2005, 10:31 AM
This is a rediculous idea. I don't even think the Dolphins are that stupid

yes they are. i hope they do it. that means they MIGHT have one good season with him, then have no draft picks to rebuild and suck for many years to come!

HAMMER
11-23-2005, 11:04 AM
Bad thread, no merit, please delete.

Kerr
11-23-2005, 01:01 PM
Bad thread, no merit, please delete.

lol who made you thread police?

Nublar7
11-23-2005, 04:33 PM
:lol:

Like Saban would really go for this. :lol:

Delete this thread to help save Kerr's rep. :lol:

bills&sabresmvf
11-23-2005, 05:57 PM
If Brett Favre was on this team, JP will be creamin' his pants. He would love to see Brett again "in his tight little red shirt and him being all sweaty and dirty, it's awesome!"

Mr. Cynical
11-23-2005, 06:50 PM
If he were to go to another team (which imo is slim to none), why on earth would he go to a **** team like Miami? They aren't anywhere CLOSE to being a contender. If he leaves GB, he's going to a team that is a step away from the SB. Looking at the starters on those teams, I think Chicago is the best fit. Problem is that GB would never trade him to a division rival. But I could totally see him playing in the freezing weather there.

Nublar7
11-23-2005, 07:01 PM
If Brett Favre was on this team, JP will be creamin' his pants. He would love to see Brett again "in his tight little red shirt and him being all sweaty and dirty, it's awesome!"
http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/2703/los7if.gif

clumping platelets
11-23-2005, 11:26 PM
That would be a bad deal for Miami

Kerr
11-24-2005, 12:26 AM
:lol:

Like Saban would really go for this. :lol:

Delete this thread to help save Kerr's rep. :lol:

My rep? I'm not concerned about it, but I didn't come up with the idea. The guy at foxsports did. :coocoo: