• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kerr
    Hall of Fame Zoner
    • Feb 2005

TD taking the blame

I would have hoped somone would have asked him this question.

Reporter: So Tom, if you were the owner, would you fire yourself for the job you've done?
  • BillsFever21
    • Aug 2004

Re: TD taking the blame

I'm so tired of hearing "We think we're a better team then our record"

This is all we've heard for 3 years and it all comes back to coaching. He says he's happy with Mularkey? Hopefully this is just the company line. Most likely Mularkey will be back next year and unfortunately for us it will be another wasted season.

You can't use an excuse for coaches saying they have to learn how to coach. They've been coaching for years. If he can't handle it now he never will. Tons of new coaches have their teams in better shape then this bum(Mularkey)

If he hasn't done it yet he never will. It's time to end the madness.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

I'm sick and tired of him saying "I take responsibility" in one answer, but in every other answer blaming the media, injuries, Mularkey and a lack of performance.

The dude still thinks it's not his fault. I have to say I almost laughed out loud when I saw the title of this thread. TD will NEVER take the blame- he may have a cleverly prepared media sound byte to keep the fans happy, but in his mind it's never his fault.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mudflap1
        Next Question!
        • Nov 2004

He's on thin ice and he knows it.

Jon

Comment

• Crazygoo
          • Nov 2005

well i wish the ice would break, i am sick of the same excuses every week
          :chug: BEER ME!!!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

We're headed in the right direction? Please don't insult my intelligence.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• madness
              • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
              We're headed in the right direction? Please don't insult my intelligence.
              Duuuh, down is a direction.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                • May 2003

Originally posted by madness
                Duuuh, down is a direction.
                Except that for most of us, down is not the RIGHT direction.
                Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• The King
                  Without me it's just Awe so
                  • Jun 2004

TD is coming off a lot different now, that was not his typical PR conference. He knows this team is in trouble and he knows Buffalo fans have had enough.
                  I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                  "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                  You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                  It was all
                  true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                  He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                  mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• DynaPaul
                    • Sep 2003

Q: Has the defense been the single biggest disappointment to you as the GM?

A: We don't sit around each week and evaluate every aspect of the team. We really look at the game we just played. What went right and what didn't go right? What can we correct for the next game?

Bull! He's said before that they evaluate all the positions every week to see how they can be improved.

Q: Right, but there are rumblings. I don't know if you hear it, but I hear it. It goes back to Donahoe. If there's a problem, he's the one who did it, he should be blamed, he should be fired, whatever. How do you respond to that?

A: Everything that goes on here at One Bills Drive is my responsibility. I accept it, I understand it, and it doesn't really bother me that people are upset. They're not as upset as we are. No matter how upset they are, it can't match how we feel. It's not about me at this particular stage. It's about the football team, trying to help them get better, to salvage the season.

He should be fired on this comment alone. He takes responsibility and then says he doesn't care how the fans feel? Then he tries rationalizing that comment by proclaiming that our pain couldn't possibly match his. Screw you Tom, we don't care how YOU feel - we're the ones you make money off of and make the big promises to. As for the last part: YES TOM, this is ALL ABOUT YOU right now. YOUR ass is on the line.

Q: And how do you think Mike has done? Are you happy with the job he's doing?

A: Very happy. Mike is very poised. He has the players' attention all the time. They know he's in charge. He's a good leader. He doesn't panic when things don't go smoothly. He's a young head coach. Young head coaches go through some growing pains just like young players. We're very satisfied with Mike. We're happy to have him as our coach.

And YOU hired a guy going through growing pains to coach a Super Bowl quality team?

Q: It looks as though the team is taking a step backward after a 9-7 season. Are you convinced you're going in the right direction?

A: Yeah, I am. I'm not basing it just on last Sunday's game. I'm basing it on what we've done to this point in the year. I'm also going to leave it a little open-ended because we still have six games to play. We have a lot of young players. We're trying to get a young quarterback as much experience as we can. We think, as the players develop and they progress, we feel they're headed in the right direction.

WHAT the hell is this?

Fire Tom Donahoe now!

Comment

• finsrclowns
                      • Apr 2004

TD has overrated the talent on this team and he has not built quality depth at many positions. Injuries are a fact of life in the NFL. NE has been hit way harder by injuries than we have but you don't see them whining. You could have had a brain trust of Amos Alonzo Stagg, Vince Lombardi, Bill Parcells and the right hand of God and San Diego still would have slammed our butts last Sunday. You can't coach talent.
                      finsrclowns

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                        Maybe?
                        • Oct 2003

Q: Because of the slow start, (blame) always goes back to the top, which is you . . .

A: And that's where it should go.

Really? Ok, then LEAVE.

He really is so full of s**t that my PC screen started to stink after reading the article. I love how he brought up Noll. How about Cowher, TD? Hmm???? Seems like it was HIM not YOU that made the Steelers great. Look at them since you left and then look at us since you've been here. I guess Rooney made the right decision, wouldn't you agree Tommy?

Well at least he admitted that the blame is all on him. The bottom line? HE HAS FAILED MISERABLY. Fire him and move on.

Comment

• billsburgh
                          • Jul 2003

QUIT NOW TOM. save yourself the embarrasment of getting fired.

Comment

• ZacGriffi~82
                            • Jun 2003

Originally posted by billsburgh
                            QUIT NOW TOM. save yourself the embarrasment of getting fired.
                            Yeah, like he will get fired. He has Ralph wrapped around his finger
                            www.billsaddiction.com -The Home of Bills Addicts-

Comment

• DMBcrew36
                              • Feb 2005

I just don't like how Tom says that our pain can't be as great as theirs over at One Bills Drive. I'm sorry but I'm a poor college student who dropped $850 on a pair of seasons and drives 3 hours to every home game. These guys have a chance to actually DO something about their performance, while I am stuck with a feeling of helplessness.

Comment

Working...
                              X