Mitchy moo
11-23-2005, 01:19 PM
Arbitrator rules against T.O., upholds suspension

<!-- end pagetitle --><!-- begin bylinebox -->ESPN.com news services

<!-- begin presby2 -->
<!-- end presby2 -->
<!-- end bylinebox -->
<!-- begin text11 div -->
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top><!-- begin leftcol --><!-- template inline -->PHILADELPHIA -- Terrell Owens (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=3664)' season is effectively over after an arbitrator ruled Wednesday that the Philadelphia Eagles (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=phi) were justified in suspending him for four games.
Arbitrator Richard Bloch wrote in a 38-page decision that the Eagles clearly proved that the suspension was justified, and were within their right to pay their All-Pro receiver but not allow him to return "due to the nature of his conduct and its destructive and continuing threat to the team."
"We couldn't have written it any better ourselves," an Eagles official told ESPN's Sal Paolantonio.

"We are pleased that the arbitrator has upheld the right of a club to suspend a player for conduct detrimental to the club," said Harold Henderson, the NFL's head of labor relations. "The ruling makes clear that Terrell Owens and his agent engaged in conduct that was disruptive to the Eagles and that coach Reid's decision to suspend the player was appropriate."
Bloch heard more than 13 hours of testimony last week. Owens' side argued the penalty is excessive and the Eagles' decision to deactivate him is too severe. Owens wanted to be reinstated to the Eagles or released so he can sign with another team.
Owens was suspended Nov. 5 after he again criticized quarterback Donovan McNabb (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=4650), called the organization "classless" and fought with former teammate Hugh Douglas (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=3194), who serves as team "ambassador."
Two days later, the Eagles extended the suspension to four games and told Owens not to return. The reigning conference champions are 0-3 without Owens and 4-6 overall, last in the NFC East.
Owens has five years remaining on a seven-year, $48.97 million contract that he signed when he came to Philadelphia in March 2004. His problems started when he demanded a new contract after an outstanding season in which he caught 77 passes for 1,200 yards and 14 touchdowns, helping the Eagles reach the Super Bowl.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2234459

<!--end leftcol --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

footballhottie
11-23-2005, 01:19 PM
that really sad he can never play football again

OpIv37
11-23-2005, 01:30 PM

he can play- just not until the suspension is up. If he doesn't make amends with the team, I'm sure they'll cut him in the off-season and use that money on other players.

Jan Reimers
11-23-2005, 01:30 PM
Huh? He just has to sit and not play for the Eagles this season. I'm sure he will end up with some really desperate team next year.

Earthquake Enyart
11-23-2005, 01:35 PM
Huh? He just has to sit and not play for the Eagles this season. I'm sure he will end up with some really desperate team next year.
The Hamilton Tiger Cats.

TacklingDummy
11-23-2005, 02:08 PM
TO to Buffalo!!!

footballhottie
11-23-2005, 02:09 PM
o wait....everyone in my lab just told me he can never play football ever again....*******s, thats the last ****ing time i listen to them

Novacane
11-23-2005, 02:13 PM
he can play- just not until the suspension is up. .

She knew that. She's just playing stupid so all the guys will respond to her post

Jan Reimers
11-23-2005, 02:20 PM
TO to Buffalo!!!
Actually, since we're in the throes of total mediocrity, that might not be such a bad idea. When everything is turning to crap, I'm a firm believer in doing something, even if it's wrong.

Maybe we should forget about all of that character claptrap and just bring in some badass football players.:rage:

finsrclowns
11-23-2005, 02:27 PM
Actually, since we're in the throes of total mediocrity, that might not be such a bad idea. When everything is turning to crap, I'm a firm believer in doing something, even if it's wrong.
Maybe we should forget about all of that character claptrap and just bring in some badass football players.:rage:

That would be a disaster for 4 reasons.
1) TO would not be happy losing, which we are going to do.
2)TO would not be happy with a young QB who will be up and down for some time.
3)TO would not be controllable by a milque toast like Mularkey.
4)TO does not play OL.

Michael82
11-23-2005, 02:40 PM
:lolpoint: Terrell "Piece of **** who got what he deserved" Owens

Gunzlingr
11-23-2005, 02:40 PM
:lolpoint: TO

ArcticWildMan
11-23-2005, 02:46 PM
Doesn't he go on the waiver wire once Philly releases him? I would LMAO to see him get picked up by somebody like the Browns or the Texans.

Michael82
11-23-2005, 02:55 PM
Doesn't he go on the waiver wire once Philly releases him? I would LMAO to see him get picked up by somebody like the Browns or the Texans.
Or worse yet...the 49ers again, just to spite him. :snicker:

BillsFever21
11-23-2005, 02:57 PM

Only if it's during the season and he won't be released till after the season. When he gets released in the offseason he will be free to sign with any team he wants.

Drive 4 Five
11-23-2005, 03:03 PM
:lol: Well that's the best damn new I heard in a dog's age :clap:

I'm thrilled. Truly thrilled. Owens has gone too damn far, not just him but some of these athletes in general. To me he was not only challenging the Eagles organization but the entire league, the integrity of the game and that of team sports.

The last buffalo fan
11-23-2005, 03:30 PM
just in time, so McGahee and Rosenass, please pay atention!! :peace:

Cntrygal
11-23-2005, 05:01 PM
Good.

The_Philster
11-23-2005, 05:44 PM
Or worse yet...the 49ers again, just to spite him. :snicker:will never happen...he was a cancer there before he was a cancer in Philly....I would think they'd know better

Mr. Cynical
11-23-2005, 06:53 PM
A great day for the old saying "what goes around comes around". :party:

He SO deserved this it's not even close.

:bf1:

snow1989
11-24-2005, 01:00 AM
TO shouldn't be allowed to even go to another team. They should make him sit the length of his contract....why bother signing them if they can't be upheld. This renogiation business after a year is crap. You sign it, you live with it.
He should have to sit the rest of his contract and then become a free agent...maybe this would rid the NFL of these overpriced, me, me, me mentality types

billsburgh
11-24-2005, 01:36 AM
If that's the case, don't they also pay the remainder of his current contract. I'm sure whoever signs him will want a new deal with plenty of stipulations to protect themselves

SpanishBill
11-24-2005, 06:24 AM
just in time, so McGahee and Rosenass, please pay atention!! :peace:
Good point, hermano. But I think not only McGahee and Rosenass gotta pay attention to this, but those many players that were rubbing their hands ready to play the 'TO Soundtrack' next year if it had been succesful. This sets a nice, nice precedent I must say :peace: