PDA

View Full Version : Bills Games on Thanksgiving Day

The_Philster
11-24-2005, 08:01 AM
For millions of Americans, Thanksgiving Day traditions and family gatherings are inextricably linked to NFL football. From touch football games with family and friends to watching NFL games with relatives after a traditional feast, these moments intertwine with the holiday season. The traditional Thanksgiving Day games played in Detroit and Dallas will again be celebrated as Thanksgiving Classics. Thanksgiving has been the backdrop for phenomenal performances through the years, including Ernie Nevers' NFL-record six touchdowns for the Chicago Cardinals on Nov. 28, 1929, in a 40-6 victory against the cross-town rival Bears. Here's a look back at the games the Buffalo Bills have been a part of on Thanksgiving Day: more (http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=2966)

TigerJ
11-24-2005, 09:26 AM
Heard on WGR yesterday. The AFC East will be represented in Detroit on Thanksgiving 2006. It will be either Miami or Buffalo. Don't ask me the formul by which they come to that conclusion, but that's what they said. Miami has been in a Thanksgiving contest more recently than Buffalo so, it seems to me Buffalo has a good chance to make it.

jamze132
11-24-2005, 10:10 AM
When Buffalo loses 4 of it's next 6 games, it will be an easy decision to make for the league.

Italian Stallion
11-24-2005, 10:16 AM
Heard on WGR yesterday. The AFC East will be represented in Detroit on Thanksgiving 2006. It will be either Miami or Buffalo. Don't ask me the formul by which they come to that conclusion, but that's what they said. Miami has been in a Thanksgiving contest more recently than Buffalo so, it seems to me Buffalo has a good chance to make it.

The cowboys and lions rotate each year playing an AFC team. Last year detroit got blown out by the colts, and this year it's the cowboys turn for an afc opponent.

Next year it will be the Lions turn again, and the only 2 AFC teams they play at home are the Bills and Fish. It's been this way as long as I can remember. :king: