PDA

View Full Version : Mariucci is a goner!!

Mitchy moo
11-25-2005, 07:47 AM
After Thursday's 27-7 home loss to Atlanta on national television, the Detroit Lions' (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=det) playoff hopes are finished. Now it appears their coach may be done too.

The Lions are in discussions that could lead to the firing of head coach Steve Mariucci possibly as early as Friday, according to reports in the Detroit Free Press and on WJBK-TV in Detroit. After two and a half disappointing years with Mariucci at the helm, the loss to the Falcons on Thanksgiving may have been the final straw.

"I don't know what's going to happen or anything like that, but nobody's stupid in here," offensive lineman Damien Woody (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=4665) told the Free Press. "People know that, hey, things didn't go right. It was a pretty bad loss on national television. We'll see what happens."

The Lions are 15-28 since 2003 under Mariucci, including a 4-7 record this year, a year that began with high hopes in the organization. Thursday's loss dropped Detroit 3½ games behind NFC North-leading Chicago, and 1½ behind second-place Minnesota.

"I take the responsibility, because I'm the head coach, and I should," Mariucci told the Free Press. "And that's what makes it a little bit frustrating, because where do you start? You identify where we need to be better, and there's a multitude of things."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2236033

The King
11-25-2005, 08:25 AM
You dont draft a WR in the 1st rnd three consecutive years. Mooch isnt the entire problem in Detriot but he is part of the problem.

Forward_Lateral
11-25-2005, 08:53 AM
Mooch might be the most over-rated coach in the NFL today. His tenure in Detroit is proving this. Good coaches get something out of nothing, not nothing out of something.

Mitchy moo
11-26-2005, 08:25 AM
Just because he got handed a good team in SF makes you wonder doesn't it?

Bill Brasky
11-26-2005, 01:44 PM
yeah, but wouldn't you guys rather have him than you know who?

STAMPY
11-26-2005, 01:46 PM
yeah, but wouldn't you guys rather have him than you know who?

i wouldn't. his west coast offense sure aint working in detroit

Bill Brasky
11-26-2005, 02:08 PM
i wouldn't. his west coast offense sure aint working in detroit

yeah, and mularkey's 'i have no ****ing clue what to call this offense or how to cater to my player's talents' offense is working great here.

Devin
11-26-2005, 02:28 PM
Mooch doesnt get all the blame, Millen is a LOUSY GM.

Mr.Reality
11-26-2005, 07:22 PM
Mooch might be the most over-rated coach in the NFL today.
You are correct, and I said the same thing before he came to Detroit.

Mr.Reality
11-26-2005, 09:35 PM
Mooch doesnt get all the blame, Millen is a LOUSY GM.
They're both idiots. You could even throw in that Ford into the mix. He has to be one of the worst football-oriented owners in the league. He just signed Millen to a 5 year contract extension. WTF? For what? He's yet to build anything better than a 6 win team in three years.

Most overrated coach in history.
Worst GM in the league.
Apathetic owner.

Put it all together and you get the Lions.

paladin warrior
11-27-2005, 02:50 PM
MM is next too. No playoff this years again.