PDA

View Full Version : Is that the playoffs I see!

Patrick76777
11-25-2005, 07:48 AM
I didn’t give up yet!!!!! I haven’t been around the boards in a while (yearly hunting trip) but I’ll still bet I’ll bet bombarded by the D&G crew. However, I wouldn’t understand that because JP is in the game.

Anyway, I’m not a dumb person. I fully understand that the odds are strongly against us. That being said, we are still only 2 games back of the division lead and I fully expected last weeks results. Sure I didn’t expect us to get killed in SD but I fully expected a loss. I also fully expected NE to beat New Orleans, however I expected NE to romp. Surprised that NO kept it so close.

So why do I want to make the playoffs so bad? 3 reasons! First, I never give up. Second, The playoffs are always the goal. Third, Playoff experience this season for JP Losman would be invaluable. Think about it. We somehow pull off this division title. We get an extra game for JP to learn but It’s not just a normal game. It’s an NFL playoff game. AND IT’S AT HOME!!!!!!! You can’t get that experience anywhere. And here’s the best part. We’re a different team at home. 4-1 in fact! If we could somehow pull off a win, you get more playoff experience for JP. Now, I’ll stop there because we’d get smoked in that second game, but 2 games playoff experience for JP would go a long way for next year.

But I digress! This was all part of my plan. Now we get Carolina coming off a terrible loss in Chicago. We’re a completely different team at home. We’re also a bounce back team with bounce back players and it’s going to be damn cold. Some interesting stats I heard about Carolina. Their running game is averaging less then 3 yards a carry. Their second leading WR has 15 catches on the year. Third leading WR has 14 catches on the year. It’s clear that this team’s strength is Defense and Steve Smith. I’m looking at a big bounce back game for Nate Clements. His Pride was hurt in SD and he’s ready to roll. And to me, it was obvious that Jerry Grey put everything he had into stopping LT and the Chargers said fine, we’ll just throw all day. That won’t happen this week. Clements battles and contains Steve Smith. The backs don’t get much. Carolina wilts in the cold and the Bills win a hard fought game.

At the same time, NE goes to KC and gets trounced. Larry Johnson goes for 165 yards.

Bills 5-6, NE 6-5

The following week, NE beats the Jets and we get the road monkey off our back with a win against Miami. They’re not that good to begin with and now the injuries are mounting.

Bills 6-6, NE 7-5

This sets up the big game NE at Buffalo. We win.

Bills 7-6, NE 7-6

This is when it gets important for Tiebreakers. I have us going both going 2-1 the rest of the way. Problem is, unless NE losses to another division team, we’ll need to beat Denver and the Jets for the tiebreaker edge. I have NE losing to Tampa Bay. If we lose to Denver and beat Cincy and the Jets, then we both finish at 9-7 and both finish 5-1 in the East. The Tie Breaker would then go to common opponents, which NE would win 8-6 to 7-7.

However, if we beat Denver and lose to Cincy, We’re both 9-7, both finish 5-1 in the East and both finish 8-6 in common opponents. It would go to the 4th tiebreaker, which is AFC record. Where we would be 8-4 and they would be 7-5 and we would win the division.

It won’t be easy, but with 6 weeks left who cares. It could still be fun. And sure we’re not going to win the Superbowl, but the playoff experience would be great.

Two Clubs
1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.

Novacane
11-25-2005, 07:57 AM
The biggest problem with your plan is beating Cinci on the road. That has about zero chance of happening

Mitchy moo
11-25-2005, 07:57 AM
I wouldn't say we couldn't go to the Super bowl. You have to realize you don't know who is going to get hurt. Tom brady / Peyton manning go down their teams will have problems. Nothing is a given and the Bills should win the next 3 games. If NE loses 2 of the next 3 which looks likely, then we are tied.

Home playoff games is how we made our living in the ealry 90's and we did well with them. The 2nd game away would obviously be more difficult but it depends on who we play. Remember we still would be considered the 4th seed and if a wild card team goes to the AFC championship we would have another home game. There is nothing more that I want to hear next year than the road to the superbowl goes through Buffalo. I really miss those, don't all of you?

Patrick76777
11-25-2005, 07:59 AM
Oh it won't be easy, that's for sure.

But it would make week 16 fun!

Novacane
11-25-2005, 07:59 AM
I wouldn't say we couldn't go to the Super bowl.

STFU Skooby

OpIv37
11-25-2005, 08:02 AM
based on the way this team has played, do you think they deserve to go to the playoffs? I don't.

More importantly, this team has a whole plethora of issues. If we make the playoffs, nothing changes and we're guaranteed two more seasons of Donahoe and Mularkey.

Patrick76777
11-25-2005, 08:18 AM
based on the way this team has played, do you think they deserve to go to the playoffs? I don't.

More importantly, this team has a whole plethora of issues. If we make the playoffs, nothing changes and we're guaranteed two more seasons of Donahoe and Mularkey.

If they finish 5-1 they do!

Playoff experiance for the QB!!!!!!!!! that's what I'm talking about.

OpIv37
11-25-2005, 08:24 AM
Pat, have you been smoking crack during your extended absences from the zone?

Mitchy moo
11-25-2005, 08:53 AM

no, no of course not. Why, you got any?

Patrick76777
11-25-2005, 08:54 AM

As I stated above, "Anyway, I’m not a dumb person. I fully understand that the odds are strongly against us."

BAM
11-25-2005, 10:45 AM
Good post, Pat. I am impressed. :)

Forward_Lateral
11-25-2005, 11:07 AM
Pat, I agree, I too, never give up, and I think the playoffs are still very possible. A loss at home vs the Panthers will pretty much end those hopes, but a win keeps hopes alive. I can honestly see the Bills beating Carolina, NE and maybe even Denver at home. I can see them beating the Fins and Jets on the road. That's 9 wins if they beat Denver, with a game in Cincy the second last week of the season. I think in order to make the playoffs, the Bills are going to have to find a way to either A.)Beat Denver or B.) Beat Cincy, along with beating the Pats, Jets and Fins, and the Panthers this week.

G. Host
11-25-2005, 11:28 AM
If the "Wades" on the board want to say playoffs are impossible, let them.

If they think cheering for Bills to lose final 6 games will ensure MM & TD are gone, let them. I think they will be whining all offseason for neither will be let go.

I will hope week to week that the Bills improve and learn for next year and if they make the playoffs, even better for the players will get playoff experience.

Maybe continuing to say "playoffs" will help fans get used to again since we have not been there for a while.

Iehoshua
11-25-2005, 12:48 PM
I am thinking we are going to finish at 6-10 or 7-9. However, anything can happen and as far as I'm concerned, we can finish 10-6 since it's still mathematically possible.
:D

OpIv37
11-25-2005, 12:50 PM
I am thinking we are going to finish at 6-10 or 7-9. However, anything can happen and as far as I'm concerned, we can finish 10-6 since it's still mathematically possible.
:D

it's mathematically possible to win the lottery too. As far as I'm concerned, you should buy a $2 million mansion, a $250,000 boat and quit your job since it's still mathematically possible.

Iehoshua
11-25-2005, 01:05 PM
it's mathematically possible to win the lottery too. As far as I'm concerned, you should buy a $2 million mansion, a $250,000 boat and quit your job since it's still mathematically possible.
Precisely! It's the same situation. Just like a lotto ticket, if I have one, I'm hoping I win! Chances are I'm not, (just like chances are, the Bills aren't making the playoffs, hence why I said I think they'll finish 6-10 or 7-9) but I am still going to really really want to win and root for my numbers to come up (just like rooting for the Bills to win).

:up:

Go Buffalooooooo!

OpIv37
11-25-2005, 01:13 PM
Precisely! It's the same situation. Just like a lotto ticket, if I have one, I'm hoping I win! Chances are I'm not, (just like chances are, the Bills aren't making the playoffs, hence why I said I think they'll finish 6-10 or 7-9) but I am still going to really really want to win and root for my numbers to come up (just like rooting for the Bills to win).

:up:

Go Buffalooooooo!

but if you have a lotto ticket, you're not going to buy stuff like you actually won until you hear the numbers. The odds are so stacked against us that while I'm sure everyone here HOPES we can make the playoffs, the people who THINK they will come off as morons.

Uncle Jesse
11-25-2005, 01:25 PM
MY two favorite sports teams play eachother sunday, I think the bills are still in it so im rooting for them first and formost. Although I'll have my Delhomme jersey under my Bills jersey!

OpIv37
11-25-2005, 01:26 PM
MY two favorite sports teams play eachother sunday, I think the bills are still in it so im rooting for them first and formost. Although I'll have my Delhomme jersey under my Bills jersey!

BLASPHEMER!!!!

Lexwhat
11-25-2005, 01:27 PM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=86004

Black Prowler
11-25-2005, 03:38 PM
Better worry about this Sunday's game before you start thinking about the playoffs!:afro:

OpIv37
11-25-2005, 03:41 PM
Better worry about this Sunday's game before you start thinking about the playoffs!:afro:

it's only the ostrich-syndrome homers who are thinking playoffs.

Black Prowler
11-25-2005, 03:42 PM
ahhh that must be it:lmao:

imbondz
11-25-2005, 04:29 PM
I didn’t give up yet!!!!! I haven’t been around the boards in a while (yearly hunting trip) but I’ll still bet I’ll bet bombarded by the D&G crew. However, I wouldn’t understand that because JP is in the game.

Anyway, I’m not a dumb person. I fully understand that the odds are strongly against us. That being said, we are still only 2 games back of the division lead and I fully expected last weeks results. Sure I didn’t expect us to get killed in SD but I fully expected a loss. I also fully expected NE to beat New Orleans, however I expected NE to romp. Surprised that NO kept it so close.

So why do I want to make the playoffs so bad? 3 reasons! First, I never give up. Second, The playoffs are always the goal. Third, Playoff experience this season for JP Losman would be invaluable. Think about it. We somehow pull off this division title. We get an extra game for JP to learn but It’s not just a normal game. It’s an NFL playoff game. AND IT’S AT HOME!!!!!!! You can’t get that experience anywhere. And here’s the best part. We’re a different team at home. 4-1 in fact! If we could somehow pull off a win, you get more playoff experience for JP. Now, I’ll stop there because we’d get smoked in that second game, but 2 games playoff experience for JP would go a long way for next year.

But I digress! This was all part of my plan. Now we get Carolina coming off a terrible loss in Chicago. We’re a completely different team at home. We’re also a bounce back team with bounce back players and it’s going to be damn cold. Some interesting stats I heard about Carolina. Their running game is averaging less then 3 yards a carry. Their second leading WR has 15 catches on the year. Third leading WR has 14 catches on the year. It’s clear that this team’s strength is Defense and Steve Smith. I’m looking at a big bounce back game for Nate Clements. His Pride was hurt in SD and he’s ready to roll. And to me, it was obvious that Jerry Grey put everything he had into stopping LT and the Chargers said fine, we’ll just throw all day. That won’t happen this week. Clements battles and contains Steve Smith. The backs don’t get much. Carolina wilts in the cold and the Bills win a hard fought game.

At the same time, NE goes to KC and gets trounced. Larry Johnson goes for 165 yards.

Bills 5-6, NE 6-5

The following week, NE beats the Jets and we get the road monkey off our back with a win against Miami. They’re not that good to begin with and now the injuries are mounting.

Bills 6-6, NE 7-5

This sets up the big game NE at Buffalo. We win.

Bills 7-6, NE 7-6

This is when it gets important for Tiebreakers. I have us going both going 2-1 the rest of the way. Problem is, unless NE losses to another division team, we’ll need to beat Denver and the Jets for the tiebreaker edge. I have NE losing to Tampa Bay. If we lose to Denver and beat Cincy and the Jets, then we both finish at 9-7 and both finish 5-1 in the East. The Tie Breaker would then go to common opponents, which NE would win 8-6 to 7-7.

However, if we beat Denver and lose to Cincy, We’re both 9-7, both finish 5-1 in the East and both finish 8-6 in common opponents. It would go to the 4th tiebreaker, which is AFC record. Where we would be 8-4 and they would be 7-5 and we would win the division.

It won’t be easy, but with 6 weeks left who cares. It could still be fun. And sure we’re not going to win the Superbowl, but the playoff experience would be great.

Two Clubs
1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.

that was fun until I realized we'd have to go 5-1 the rest of the year. now i'm back to reality. it was fun for 2 minutes though!

Uncle Jesse
11-25-2005, 05:25 PM
BLASPHEMER!!!!

What?

Nublar7
11-25-2005, 08:35 PM
2nd thread that needs this posted in:

<A HREF="http://www.czabe.com/backup/Vol3_jan18/mora_tirade_clip5_playoffs.mp3">Click Here</a>

Uncle Jesse
11-25-2005, 11:17 PM
2nd thread that needs this posted in:

Click Here (http://www.czabe.com/backup/Vol3_jan18/mora_tirade_clip5_playoffs.mp3)

"I just hope we can win a game, another game.."

chubluv
11-25-2005, 11:37 PM

My friend did that last year he wore a Fiedler jersey under his Bledsoe jersey!!! He took a beating for it. This year he didnt try it he has been wearing a JP jersey the whole season.

OpIv37
11-25-2005, 11:48 PM
pick your team and stand by them. I'm hard on the Bills, but they're my team through thick and thin. Even in the 3-13 season I was in a bar watching the last meaningless game.

The only thing that would change my mind is if they leave Buffalo-then all bets are off.

chubluv
11-25-2005, 11:59 PM
I couldnt agree with you more Op! I have been a season ticket holder since I was 11 years old in 1983. I seen some ****ty seasons and some great ones & I wouldnt switch my team for any thing unless they move out of town. Then I would have to decide.

Iehoshua
11-26-2005, 08:08 AM
Ok, I'll also put it this way, I'm not going out to purchase any custom-made "Buffalo Bills AFC East Champions" apparrel... ;)

Meathead
11-26-2005, 08:19 AM
I have been a season ticket holder since I was 11 years old in 1983.
just how did you pay for seasons mr. schoolyard crack dealer?

BillsFever21
11-26-2005, 09:41 AM
If the "Wades" on the board want to say playoffs are impossible, let them.

If they think cheering for Bills to lose final 6 games will ensure MM & TD are gone, let them. I think they will be whining all offseason for neither will be let go.

I will hope week to week that the Bills improve and learn for next year and if they make the playoffs, even better for the players will get playoff experience.

Maybe continuing to say "playoffs" will help fans get used to again since we have not been there for a while.

Nobody is cheering for us to lose. Get a damn grip. We just face the facts that we're realist and this team isn't good enough to make it.

We'll be lucky to beat both the Dolphins and the Jets on the road let alone beating Carolina, NE and Denver.