PDA

View Full Version : The only football words I want to hear next year- The road to the SB goes through....

Mitchy moo
11-25-2005, 07:58 AM
I wouldn't say we couldn't go to the Super bowl. You have to realize you don't know who is going to get hurt. Tom brady / Peyton manning go down their teams will have problems. Nothing is a given and the Bills should win the next 3 games. If NE loses 2 of the next 3 which looks likely, then we are tied.

Home playoff games is how we made our living in the early 90's and we did well with them. The 2nd game away would obviously be more difficult but it depends on who we play. Remember we still would be considered the 4th seed and if a wild card team goes to the AFC championship we would have another home game. There is nothing more that I want to hear next year than the road to the superbowl goes through Buffalo. I really miss those, don't all of you?

Novacane
11-25-2005, 08:03 AM
You have absolutely no evidence to say the Bills should win the next 3 games. Could? sure. Should? You're crazy

OpIv37
11-25-2005, 08:09 AM
umm, even if Buffalo does make the playoffs, it will be one first-round playoff game and it won't be against the 2 best records because they'll have first round byes. So there's about a 99.99% chance that the SB winner will NOT be going through Buffalo.

I'm sorry but this team SUCKS. Carolina will kill us.

Mitchy moo
11-25-2005, 08:15 AM
umm, even if Buffalo does make the playoffs, it will be one first-round playoff game and it won't be against the 2 best records because they'll have first round byes. So there's about a 99.99% chance that the SB winner will NOT be going through Buffalo.

I'm sorry but this team SUCKS. Carolina will kill us.

I think were more misguided than suck.

OpIv37
11-25-2005, 08:23 AM
I think it's both. There are definitely coaching and playcalling issues that are affecting the outcome of games, but at the same time both our O-line and D line completely lack talent. Our skill positions- WR, QB, RB, CB- are good but it doesn't matter if you can't control the LOS. Look at the SD game- Losman only had one bad play in the interception. But he was running for his life the whole game and rarely had a chance to set his feet and make a throw. Even Peyton or Tom Brady would look terrible behind our O-line.

On the other side of the ball, the lack of pressure from our DL forces CB and safety blitzes, which leaves our other DB's in 1 on 1 coverage (or, for example, Crowell in man coverage on Antonio Gates). This is a near impossible situation, especially when Milloy can't get his old ass to the QB on time.

This is why I say we suck- we lack talent at some key positions which makes it incredibly difficult for the talented players to do their jobs.