PDA

View Full Version : Pyatt Fractures Wrist, Pommingville Called Up

SkateZilla
11-26-2005, 08:06 AM
http://timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp?storyID=423436

BUFFALO, N.Y. -- Sabres left wing Taylor Pyatt fractured his right wrist after jamming it into the boards in the first period of Buffalo's 3-1 win over the Montreal Canadiens Friday night.

Advertisement
Sabres coach Lindy Ruff didn't want to speculate on exactly how long Pyatt will be out, saying that it will be a "good period of time."

To replace Pyatt, the Sabres recalled forward Jason Pominville from their AHL affiliate in Rochester and sent down goalie Michael Leighton. Pominville played one game with the Sabres in early November.

buffalofan19
11-26-2005, 09:39 AM
That also has to mean Noronen is healthy if Leighton was sent down. Who starts on Sunday? Noronen was playing great before he went down, but Biron just stole the show last night for Buffalo. Either way, we need to see if either of these guys can do this for longer than 2 nights in a row. So far, neither has.

SkateZilla
11-26-2005, 09:50 AM
see if Biron can keep it going,

get all 3 goalies looking good and trade one for a D-Man..

Preferably Biron, Noronen and Miller Are Our Future,

camelcowboy
11-26-2005, 10:04 AM
Just when i thought the kids from the Peca trade were starting to become NHL players, i love the way pyatts been playing these past few games. :sad:

SkateZilla
11-26-2005, 11:22 AM
personally , this year, the most improved players are ...

Connolly .. Yes... Charmin is a mad man this year,
Pyatt/Mair ... Jesus he's starting to play like he wants to be on teh 1st line...
Campbell .. He scores... and he gets teh puck on net, lmao the last islanders game i was rolling over laughing everytime they said... "Zhitnik With a Shooooooooot.... .. wide of the net"

And Of the Rookies:
Vanek, Yes he only has what 3 Goals, but he's a threat,
other Rookies are playing for teams where no one else scores (Chicago's entire 2nd line is 3 Rookies from Norfolk), Pitts Burgh, and Washington... Svatos is Incredible for Colorado but he will taper off around 30 games...

Gaustad... Man.. This Kid is On the Top of My List for sure, he's the Friggen Bomb... and I honestly think he's the #1 Rason that Mair and Pyatt are playing well too..

fushetti
11-26-2005, 12:35 PM
Its too bad that Pyatt finally dropped his purse and started to play like a first rounder. I'm pissed he's hurt.

I am LOVING Connolly this year!! I never thought i'd say that.

Vanek looks lost to me out there. He made a nice pass against the Habs for a goal but otherwise, it looks like him playing with Max isn't a good idea. Afinogenov forechecks like an SOB but never passes.

I'm liking where the Sabres are going. I'm hoping injuries don't derail this little run they're on and they roll over the Caps on Sunday

Crisis
11-26-2005, 12:40 PM
Lydman has quietly been one our best defensemen this year.