PDA

View Full Version : We came out w/ a few good things!

Mitchy moo
11-27-2005, 03:04 PM
1. JP looked good today and scrambled well and gained some more gaming experience.
2. NE lost and kept us within 2 games.
3. Defense played quite well except for when it mattered.

Devin
11-27-2005, 03:08 PM

:roflmao:

JD
11-27-2005, 03:15 PM
Skooby I bet you were positive about something on 9/11 too.

billsburgh
11-27-2005, 03:15 PM
you just knew it was going to happen

Devin
11-27-2005, 03:16 PM

:lmao:

Mitchy moo
11-27-2005, 03:33 PM
I was in FL when it happened & not traveling.

Mitchy moo
11-27-2005, 03:38 PM

They didn't have a nuclear bomb on the plane & took out the northeast.

ScottLawrence
11-27-2005, 03:38 PM
Defense played fine.

Despite that TD late in the 4th, the offense had time to go down the field and win the game.

HHURRICANE
11-27-2005, 03:46 PM
I call them the way I see it.

1) Losman, who I like, played okay not great. He didn't look as comfortable today as he had the last few weeks. He is improving and that is all you can hope for!

2) Our D sucked. Please don't post that the D looked otherwise.

3) Our OL sucked. Whose 58 because he spent most of the day with his ass on the ground? Teague and Villareal suck as well. Please cut B. Anderson.

DynaPaul
11-27-2005, 03:52 PM
1. JP looked good today and scrambled well and gained some more gaming experience.
2. NE lost and kept us within 2 games.

1) Agreed. If our o-line could actually buy him more time we probably would have had some big plays.

2) Dude, the playoffs are history as of this loss. It doesn't matter how far we're behind New England, we're not getting a wildcard spot.

3) The defense didn't play that great. No penetration from the d-line to pressure Delhomme. Piss poor tackling on runs. (Come on, I saw a guy stick his arm out when one of Carolina's WRs zipped right by.) Gave up the touchdown in the end which effectively ended the game. The only reason why Steve Smith didn't have a big game is not because of the genius Cover 2 we had in there, it was because Delhomme never really looked at him and kept pulling a Holcomb by checking down.

Mitchy moo
11-27-2005, 03:58 PM
I thought the d looked alright and Carolina had like 6 plays inside our 5 before they scored on that last one. It was 3rd down.

DynaPaul
11-27-2005, 05:17 PM
I thought the d looked alright...

You thought wrong.

OpIv37
11-27-2005, 05:24 PM
I thought the d looked alright and Carolina had like 6 plays inside our 5 before they scored on that last one. It was 3rd down.

they let carolina kill over 10 minutes of clock in 1 drive. You said yourself they didn't play well when it counted. They were getting penetration but it didn't matter because they either a) missed the tackie, b) overpursued, c) didn't go to the point of attack. There were also tons of missed tackles and too many 3rd down conversions. Unfortunately, this was probably one of the D's better games, but still not nearly good enough.

BillsFever21
11-27-2005, 05:46 PM
They might not have given up a ton of points but the defense was still bad. Carolina went 9-14 on 3rd downs and controlled the tempo of the game. We couldn't get off the field to save our lives.

A good defense would've gotten off the field more often and gave our offense more chances and try to stay in a rhythm.

The Panthers owned the game for 2.5 quarters. Our offense only had 1 possesion in the 1st quarter, 10 minutes in the 3rd and only 1 possesion in the 4th quarter till we got the ball back with 2 minutes to go. They couldn't get off the field to even give our offense an oppurtunity to get any rythum or momentum the 2nd half.

If the Panthers also wouldn't have had trouble punching it in the endzone they would've killed us. We were lucky the game was even this close. When a team has drives of 14, 14 and 16 that took a total TOP of 27 minutes of the game the defense didn't do a good job.

Our offense had some rhythm going the 2nd half but got stalled with a FG and we couldn't get back on the field to capitalize on it.

If our offense wouldn't had more opportunites they would've scored more points. If they went a drive without any points the defense didn't give them the ball right back. It would be almost another quarter later till they sall the field again. Standing on the sidelines forever gets them out of synch when they were moving the ball.

BillsFever21
11-27-2005, 05:49 PM
We got the ball at the start of the 4th quarter and got a FG and moved the ball good. We never saw it again till we were in desperation mode needing a TD with 2 minutes to go. The defense was not good again today.