PDA

View Full Version : You know what I'm sick of hearing!

historypete
11-27-2005, 04:57 PM
The old saying "We have to learn how to win these games". Mularkey said it again, as usual, with his postgame comments. It seems like every week for the past five years this always what we hear. I'm sick of it. Isn't it about time this organization learned to win close games.

We've heard this same line when the team was young and inexperienced. Now we continue to hear the same thing with an old, veteran team. Enough is enough. It is time for a total house cleaning, from GM on down. Since we are still in a rebuilding mode five years into Donahoe, we might as well start from scratch and hope the outcome is better. We have a decent nucleus of young players to build around. Hopefully Ralph will clean house, but the status quo will most likely be maintained.:mad:

:cry:

OpIv37
11-27-2005, 05:02 PM
wow- it's like you read my mind. Firing TD will invoke a rebuilding phase, but we're already in one whether Ralph and TD say it publicly or not. It's all wishful thinking though.

Kerr
11-28-2005, 01:12 AM
For starters we can fire TD and hire Ron Wolfe.

rschepise
11-28-2005, 02:22 AM
I do not think that now is the time that we need to be firing Gms and Coaches. We have had a good number of injuries this year; however, I do feel that we are a good offensive and defensive lineman away from turning the corner. We have a lot talent on this team. Tom Donohue has taken a lot of criticism, but I do feel like he has done a good job of surrounding this team with talent and building for the future.

The gameplan executed by the coaches, versus the Carolina Panthers today, was very good. They had a good mix of run and passes. They showed patience and were able to drive the ball up and down the field. They, defensively, forced the Panthers to be patient. They put JP Losman in managable third downs.

Also, JP Losman is progressing nicely. The kid looks much more confortable in there than he did early in the season. Granted, we did not win the game. However, he showed many positive signs towards the future. The play that I was really impressed with was the fourth and 10 on the final drive. He was able to remain cool and hit Lee Evans for a first down to keep the drive alive. It is not time for a coaching change. We need to become more adept in pass protection and need a good DT. We are not that far away, and I feel that JP, McGahee and Evans are going to the next Peyton, Edge and Harrison (I'm really not on drugs).

Lexwhat
11-28-2005, 02:25 AM
I do not think that now is the time that we need to be firing Gms and Coaches. We have had a good number of injuries this year; however, I do feel that we are a good offensive and defensive lineman away from turning the corner. We have a lot talent on this team. Tom Donohue has taken a lot of criticism, but I do feel like he has done a good job of surrounding this team with talent and building for the future.

The gameplan executed by the coaches, versus the Carolina Panthers today, was very good. They had a good mix of run and passes. They showed patience and were able to drive the ball up and down the field. They, defensively, forced the Panthers to be patient. They put JP Losman in managable third downs.

Also, JP Losman is progressing nicely. The kid looks much more confortable in their than he did early in the season. Granted, we did not win the game. However, he showed many positive signs towards the future. The play that I was really impressed with was the fourth and 10 on the final drive. He was able to remain cool and hit Lee Evans for a first down to keep the drive alive. It is not time for a coaching change. We need to become more adept in pass protection and need a good DT. We are not that far away, and I feel that JP, McGahee and Evans are going to the next Peyton, Edge and Harrison (I'm really not on drugs).

I dont think so.

R. Rich
11-28-2005, 06:52 AM
I'm sick of hearing this: "there's always next year".

There it goes again.