PDA

View Full Version : Miami is going to kick our asses.

OpIv37
11-27-2005, 05:05 PM
I'm watching them play the Raiders in Oakland right now- they're up by 9 thanks to a safety. They look great against a team that manhandled us. They're running the ball well on O and their D line is having a great game, which means they'll exploit the two biggest weaknesses on our team. Combine that with our inability to win on the road and the disheartening loss this week, and it's not going to be pretty.

I said before the season that Miami takes one from us, and I stand by it.

OpIv37
11-27-2005, 05:08 PM
the good news: Frerotte sucks ass. If we can force them to pass our DB's will have a field day.

the bad news- I don't think we'll force them to pass.

Mudflap1
11-27-2005, 05:10 PM
Our team has been totally unprepared, outcoached, undisciplined, and uninspired on the road this entire year. Why will it change next week?

Jon

OpIv37
11-27-2005, 05:11 PM
Our team has been totally unprepared, outcoached, undisciplined, and uninspired on the road this entire year. Why will it change next week?

Jon

ask Skooby. I bet he knows.

BillsFever21
11-27-2005, 05:24 PM
I wouldn't bet on us beating Miami next week. I don't think we can beat anybody on the road right now. Miami could even finish with a better record then us.

Miami is a team in rebuilding and our team will be starting another rebuilding process and we're still not any better then they are.

BillsFever21
11-27-2005, 05:28 PM
And remember we barely beat Miami at home already this year. We got lucky and they beat themselves. I don't see why they wouldn't be the favorite next season.

They have a good coach and once they get some more players they will be a good team. We're still stuck with a bad coach and the team we built hasn't done anything. Miami's franchise is in better shape then our team for the upcoming years.

Hell if they had any type of a QB they would be challenging New England for the division right now.

justasportsfan
11-27-2005, 05:36 PM
Yeah. like KC was gonna beat us. What a bunch of sorry fans we have . Seriously , some of you guys need to grow a pair. Understand one thing, just because they beat one team doesn't mean the same thing is gonna happen against us. KC beat the Pats, does that mean we're gonna kick their arse? The fins were suppose to manhandle the browns, so what happened?

You also thought the fins were gonna beat us in the first game OP. It'sd nice to know some thingsd ahven't changed. Another I give up thread.:shakeno:

Devin
11-27-2005, 05:37 PM
If Skooby predicts another "blowout" victory we are screwed.

OpIv37
11-27-2005, 05:43 PM
Yeah. like KC was gonna beat us. What a bunch of sorry fans we have . Seriously , some of you guys need to grow a pair. Understand one thing, just because they beat one team doesn't mean the same thing is gonna happen against us. KC beat the Pats, does that mean we're gonna kick their arse? The fins were suppose to manhandle the browns, so what happened?

All you can do is look at what happens on the field. I see Miami playing well on both lines, which are our two areas of weakness. They also have the heart to play tough on the road against an opponent that's probably more talented than they are- we don't.

Until the Bills show some life on the road and some ability to control the LOS, the logical conclusion is that it won't be pretty for us. If things stay on their current course, the Bills will lose. If a whole lot of things change between now and then (meaning we improve or they get worse), we'll win. Now, which do you think is more likely to happen- a heartless team finding a way to play better than the Dolphins, or the status quo?

Does that mean the Bills shouldn't show up or that we shouldn't root for them? Of course not, but it does mean that if you expect a win, you're gonna be disappointed.

!Papacrunk!
11-27-2005, 05:46 PM
OMG, 3-28 and Miami gets a pass interference call, then they let Michael Vick, I mean Kerry Collins, run in a score. Urgh.

justasportsfan
11-27-2005, 05:51 PM
All you can do is look at what happens on the field. I see Miami playing well on both lines, which are our two areas of weakness. They also have the heart to play tough on the road against an opponent that's probably more talented than they are- we don't.
Until the Bills show some life on the road and some ability to control the LOS, the logical conclusion is that it won't be pretty for us. If things stay on their current course, the Bills will lose. If a whole lot of things change between now and then (meaning we improve or they get worse), we'll win. Now, which do you think is more likely to happen- a heartless team finding a way to play better than the Dolphins, or the status quo?
Does that mean the Bills shouldn't show up or that we shouldn't root for them? Of course not, but it does mean that if you expect a win, you're gonna be disappointed. Kc was playing well before we beat them. Sometimes some teams match up better against another team. Didn't Carolina manhandle the fins? We almost beat them. Your logic isn't all there. The only reason why the next bills- fins game can go either ways is because it's at miami. Unlike you though, I haven't already thrown in the towel. Sometimes you remind me of a cards fan. You make wys look like an optimist.

BillsFever21
11-27-2005, 05:51 PM

You also thought the fins were gonna beat us in the first game OP. It'sd nice to know some thingsd ahven't changed. Another I give up thread.:shakeno:

We've been right 4 out of 5 weeks while the homers who think we will win every game have been wrong.

Some are realist that understand it will be tough to go into Miami and win the way we're playing. Others are just blind and think we're gonna win every week.

BillsFever21
11-27-2005, 05:54 PM
Predicting a team to lose when the odds against them doesn't mean someone needs to grow a pair. Predicting a team to always win when most likely they won't are the ones who need to grow a pair and wake up and realize we're not very good. If anything the ones who aren't afraid to say we're gonna lose are the ones with a pair.

Someone who looks at the team from a realist point of view isn't any worse of a fan then the kool aid drinkers who are living in their own little dreamworld.

OpIv37
11-27-2005, 05:56 PM
Kc was playing well before we beat them. Sometimes some teams match up better against another team. Didn't Carolina manhandle the fins? We almost beat them. Your logic isn't all there. The only reason why the next bills- fins game can go either ways is because it's at miami. Unlike you though, I haven't already thrown in the towel. Sometimes you remind me of a cards fan. You make wys look like an optimist.

wait, I'm comparing how the Bills are playing versus how the Dolphins are playing. You're comparing how Carolina played Miami to how we played the Chiefs to figure out how we will play the Dolphins, then saying MY logic isn't all there? Wow....

The Dolphins were in the game against us until the last play, and that was in our house where we play much better than we do on the road. What does that tell you about how they match up against us?

Mitchy moo
11-27-2005, 05:58 PM
I am watching the Miami / Raiders game & thinking next weeks games isn't going to be to pretty. We'll still win though.

justasportsfan
11-27-2005, 06:03 PM
We've been right 4 out of 5 weeks while the homers who think we will win every game have been wrong.

Some are realist that understand it will be tough to go into Miami and win the way we're playing. Others are just blind and think we're gonna win every week.it's easy to pick against the bills because of Losman. Your predictions mean nothing.Don't act like just because you predict against a team that's in trouble,doesn't mean your predictions are dead on. Did you guys think Losman was gonna beat KC. i DOUBT IT.

No, I never said we are gonna win every game, but I sure hell don't think we'll lose all the games either. Do I think we'll make playoffs, no. You are only a realist when the bills lose and you picked a team that's usppose to beat us anyways. However, you guys haven't been dead on when we beat the fins and KC either. DSo don't go saying that you guys are always right.

OpIv37
11-27-2005, 06:09 PM
it's easy to pick against the bills because of Losman. Your predictions mean nothing.Don't act like just because you predict against a team that's in trouble,doesn't mean your predictions are dead on. Did you guys think Losman was gonna beat KC. i DOUBT IT.
No, I never said we are gonna win every game, but I sure hell don't think we'll lose all the games either. Do I think we'll make playoffs, no. You are only a realist when the bills lose and you picked a team that's usppose to beat us anyways. However, you guys haven't been dead on when we beat the fins and KC either. DSo don't go saying that you guys are always right.

No one's right every time. But overall, who's been closer? The people like myself and BF21 who looked at our schedule and the way we've been playing and said there was no way we'd make the playoffs over a month ago, or the people who still cling to the playoff pipedream despite the rather obvious fact that we suck?

Devin
11-27-2005, 06:22 PM
I am watching the Miami / Raiders game & thinking next weeks games isn't going to be to pretty. We'll still win though.

We are screwed now.

Nublar7
11-27-2005, 06:45 PM
I'm watching them play the Raiders in Oakland right now- they're up by 9 thanks to a safety. They look great against a team that manhandled us. They're running the ball well on O and their D line is having a great game, which means they'll exploit the two biggest weaknesses on our team. Combine that with our inability to win on the road and the disheartening loss this week, and it's not going to be pretty.

I said before the season that Miami takes one from us, and I stand by it.:goodpost:

Novacane
11-27-2005, 06:47 PM
Miami is a better team than the Bills :puke:

ParanoidAndroid
11-27-2005, 06:50 PM
I had no visions of playoffs after week 4, but I can't say anything great about Miami either. They had a good week, but everyone knows that divisional games don't follow normal trends.
Buffalo has a good shot at getting their first road win next week. Miami is way schizophrenic and very beatable, even for us on the road.
They seriously need to consider giving Willis and Shaud a few shots at turning the corner against Miami's slow-a** linebackers.

Mitchy moo
11-27-2005, 07:23 PM
Miami is a better team than the Bills :puke:

Wow, that's really low

BillsFever21
11-27-2005, 07:31 PM
No one's right every time. But overall, who's been closer? The people like myself and BF21 who looked at our schedule and the way we've been playing and said there was no way we'd make the playoffs over a month ago, or the people who still cling to the playoff pipedream despite the rather obvious fact that we suck?

Exactly.

I predicted 7 wins and up to 9 wins if some bounces fell the right way and I'm sure you were also close to that. Them pipedreams of 10-12 wins were just homeristic.

How pathetic is it we're not even gonna reach 7 wins like I thought.

I remember when the Vegas odds came out and our over/under was 8 for wins on the season. So many thought that was a gimmie. I hope they didn't lose too much money.

BillsFever21
11-27-2005, 07:32 PM
And another note from OP. Of course we can't be right all the time but we've been right 4 out of the last 5 weeks.

feelthepain
11-27-2005, 07:34 PM

Whats the matter justa?? Don't like it when your own fans are honest and realistic with themselves?? Dude, the fins are losing games but our running game is top notch our Oline is fifth best in the league. We are good enough to win any game we play. We just need more Saban type of players and that will happen come this off season. As for Carolina we won that game, not like it matters but we did win. When comparing one team to another is just dumb. It really doesn't matter. Face it, the fins and Bills suck at this point and we will be a division game when the Bills and fins play and I wouldn't bet anything that either team is a lock to win. I hope the fins win as I'm sure you hope the Bills win. But I would say beyond this year, Miami is a lot closer to being a division contender then the Bills. I also think JP will be a bust at some point.Hate me all you want, but thats what I see. I think even though they are two different positions, I think Ronnie is a much better football player then JP.

BillsFever21
11-27-2005, 07:41 PM
Whats the matter justa?? Don't like it when your own fans are honest and realistic with themselves?? Dude, the fins are losing games but our running game is top notch our Oline is fifth best in the league. We are good enough to win any game we play. We just need more Saban type of players and that will happen come this off season. As for Carolina we won that game, not like it matters but we did win. When comparing one team to another is just dumb. It really doesn't matter. Face it, the fins and Bills suck at this point and we will be a division game when the Bills and fins play and I wouldn't bet anything that either team is a lock to win. I hope the fins win as I'm sure you hope the Bills win. But I would say beyond this year, Miami is a lot closer to being a division contender then the Bills. I also think JP will be a bust at some point.Hate me all you want, but thats what I see. I think even though they are two different positions, I think Ronnie is a much better football player then JP.

Some people think that they are less of a fan if they don't think the Bills are gonna win every week or not predict them to go anywhere.

I'm a diehard Bills fan but a realistic one. I root for us to win every game but it doesn't mean I gotta blindly think we're gonna do it.

Devin
11-27-2005, 07:41 PM
When comparing one team to another is just dumb. It really doesn't matter. Face it, the fins and Bills suck at this point and we will be a division game when the Bills and fins play and I wouldn't bet anything that either team is a lock to win. I hope the fins win as I'm sure you hope the Bills win.

:bf1: a rarity among Fin posters but I agree 100%.

Both teams suck, and next week could be anyones game.

But I would say beyond this year, Miami is a lot closer to being a division contender then the Bills. I also think JP will be a bust at some point.Hate me all you want, but thats what I see. I think even though they are two different positions, I think Ronnie is a much better football player then JP.

You were doing so well. It must be tough to see through all that bias.

Firstly there is a world of difference between the two positions, comparing a RB and QB is like comparing a DE and a CB. Perhaps its the way that JP has improved each game while your stuck with a career backup at QB for the forseeable future that has put you off.

And to say your "closer" to being a division contender before us or anyone else for that matter is laughable. Your hardly any better off then you were last year.

Saban was a lousy coach his first go round and hasnt done much better this time.

Devin
11-27-2005, 07:42 PM
Fin fans aren't capable of making a purely football post. Always have to bring their ****ty team into it.

feelthepain
11-27-2005, 07:44 PM
the good news: Frerotte sucks ass. If we can force them to pass our DB's will have a field day.

the bad news- I don't think we'll force them to pass.

Gus - 18 - 31 261 yrds 2td's 1 int.

JP - 16 -29 197 no td's 1 int.

And Gus sucks?? What about JP??

BillsFever21
11-27-2005, 07:47 PM
How is this a give up thread, Justa? If someone believes their team isn't gonna win their giving up on the season? That's called being realistic.

I guess you still think we have a great shot of making the playoffs? If the Pats win 3 more games we would have to win the rest and if they only finished 2-3 we would still have to finish 4-1 just to let the tiebreakers kick in.

It's hard to believe that some people are such homers that they think a 4-7 team that hasn't won on the road all season and has lost 4 out of their last 5 games are gonna come back and win the division when they're 2 games down with only 5 left. They need to get a grip on reality.

How good of a shot do you think the Dolphins have? In your case they don't have a chance at all. The facts are if you think we do then they have just as good of a shot seeing that we're both tied.

The same people who call the Dolphins a joke of a team think that we're a great team when both carry the same records.

We have enough talent on this team to win but we don't have the coaching to bring us over the hump. Till we get ourselves a real coach nothing will change.

L.A. Playa
11-27-2005, 07:47 PM
I hope the Bills win next week, but Saban has shown to be a strong leader and has his team playing with heart. And with all due respect at this point Ronnie Brown does look like he will have a better career than JP Losman. The Bills suck on the road the Dolphins are a better team at home it will be a tough game for the Bills

feelthepain
11-27-2005, 07:59 PM
:bf1: a rarity among Fin posters but I agree 100%.

Both teams suck, and next week could be anyones game.

You were doing so well. It must be tough to see through all that bias.

Firstly there is a world of difference between the two positions, comparing a RB and QB is like comparing a DE and a CB. Perhaps its the way that JP has improved each game while your stuck with a career backup at QB for the forseeable future that has put you off.

And to say your "closer" to being a division contender before us or anyone else for that matter is laughable. Your hardly any better off then you were last year.

Saban was a lousy coach his first go round and hasnt done much better this time.

I'm not comparing the two different positions I'm comparing the talent, and Ronnie IMO has far more talent then JP. How are we stuck with a career backup?? Last year we brought in S.Linehan as the OC and we picked up Gus because we didn't have the money to spend in FA and Gus knows Linehans system. This next coming year we will be far under the cap and we will have a very good QB and Gus will stay as the backup, BTW our backup QB, who just happens to be our starter is out performing your "prodigy" every week and this week is no different.

As for Saban, get real when was Saban ever a HC in this league before this year?? He was the DC for the Browns and when he arrived in Cleveland the Browns were nearly last in the league in D, when Saban left 4 years latter to coach Michigan St. the Browns had the best D in the league...thats what you call lousy??? Ok, whatever!!

ParanoidAndroid
11-27-2005, 08:01 PM
Gus - 18 - 31 261 yrds 2td's 1 int.

JP - 16 -29 197 no td's 1 int.

And Gus sucks?? What about JP??

I wouldn't try to compare a 12 year vet to a virtual rookie.

That said, I disagree that he sucks. He's pretty decent especially for a career journeyman. You have to give him credit for the way he picked apart the NE DB's, then again he couldn't finish the job.

BillsFever21
11-27-2005, 08:01 PM
I hope the Bills win next week, but Saban has shown to be a strong leader and has his team playing with heart. And with all due respect at this point Ronnie Brown does look like he will have a better career than JP Losman. The Bills suck on the road the Dolphins are a better team at home it will be a tough game for the Bills

JP is showing good improvement. Anyway, you can't compare two different positions.

You can compare Brown to McGahee though. It looks as if Brown will be a better RB then McGahee will be. McGahee isn't explosive enough and he vanishes against good defenses. All his success is among some of the leagues worst units.

He's good but I'm starting to think we have overrated him too much. Till he can break some long runs he's not worth the top dollar he will command.

feelthepain
11-27-2005, 08:04 PM
Fin fans aren't capable of making a purely football post. Always have to bring their ****ty team into it.

This is a Bills/Dolphin thread, who should we talk about the Cards and Niners??

feelthepain
11-27-2005, 08:05 PM
JP is showing good improvement. Anyway, you can't compare two different positions.

You can compare Brown to McGahee though. It looks as if Brown will be a better RB then McGahee will be. McGahee isn't explosive enough and he vanishes against good defenses. All his success is among some of the leagues worst units.

He's good but I'm starting to think we have overrated him too much. Till he can break some long runs he's not worth the top dollar he will command.

I'm not comparing the positions, I'm comparing the talent.

BillsFever21
11-27-2005, 08:10 PM
I'm not comparing the positions, I'm comparing the talent.

If you wanna rank them by positions then yeah Brown will be better. Brown will be a higher ranked RB in the league then JP will be a QB. That doesn't mean JP will be a bad QB though.

Brown will be a top RB in this league. You guys are lucky to have him. He will be better then McGahee. He makes bigger plays.

feelthepain
11-27-2005, 08:15 PM
Some people think that they are less of a fan if they don't think the Bills are gonna win every week or not predict them to go anywhere.

I'm a diehard Bills fan but a realistic one. I root for us to win every game but it doesn't mean I gotta blindly think we're gonna do it.

I hear ya, and I feel the same. There is nothing wrong with being honest with yourself and where your team stands. There's no shame in it. It is what it is. Right now we are tied for second in the worst division in the league. I do understand why you feel the way you do about the Fins Bills game next week, I must say after this week I feel better about the Fins chances. But I know full well it's a division game and all the records go out the window when we play. I honestly would rahter see the fins win, but I won't be disappointed if we lose because of where the Fins are compaired to the good teams in the league. We are what we are 4-7. I will also add the fins still have a chancew to improve our record over last year and the Bills have little chance of improving over last year, so it's not so bad to be a fin fan this year.

SkapePhin
11-27-2005, 08:27 PM
Kc was playing well before we beat them. Sometimes some teams match up better against another team. Didn't Carolina manhandle the fins? We almost beat them. Your logic isn't all there. The only reason why the next bills- fins game can go either ways is because it's at miami. Unlike you though, I haven't already thrown in the towel. Sometimes you remind me of a cards fan. You make wys look like an optimist.

Miami beat Carolina.

im4bflo
11-27-2005, 10:46 PM
And you use the 'fighting irish' as your avatar? you're sounding like a quitter to me. We've squished them once already, and I say we squish 'em again!
What happened today, don't mean squat for next week. That's why we play the games, this BILLS fan aint no quitter, bring on the Fish :bringit:
:lolpoint::squish:

The Outsider
11-27-2005, 11:36 PM
The jig is up....for all you fish fans and toolsheds that think Buffalo can't beat the dol-****!

The Outsider is fed up with trash, but Buffalo's trash is slightly more talented and 3-0 the last 3 meetings against their longtime foe and bitter rival.

The Outsider thinks the Bills will rout the fish in miami, with JP having a 'break out' game..

:afro:

Nublar7
11-28-2005, 12:05 AM
The jig is up....for all you fish fans and toolsheds that think Buffalo can't beat the dol-****!

The Outsider is fed up with trash, but Buffalo's trash is slightly more talented and 3-0 the last 3 meetings against their longtime foe and bitter rival.

The Outsider thinks the Bills will rout the fish in miami, with JP having a 'break out' game..

:afro::lmao:

Kerr
11-28-2005, 12:55 AM
And Ricky is back. They have a double whamy at rb, while we have a short yardage back in Willis Mcgahee.
As of right now, Miami has the edge. Hopefully we can pull off a win. It'll be a nice homecoming for Willis. Maybe he'll decide to finally show off in front of his family and friends.

Samphin1
11-28-2005, 12:58 AM
For all Bills fans who think Miami will blow them out. Think again. First of all, this a divisional game. Those are alway intense and usually close games. Secondaly, Miami has not won back to back games all year. Heck we even did that last year when we were worse off. Third, Thomas will more than likely be questionable at best, Seau is out, I saw Taylor's dislocated finger today live and our right guard Rex Hadnot was injured today as well.

We have plenty of injuries, as do Buffalo. While I think Miami should and could win this one at home, it will be much closer than you guys think.

im4bflo
11-28-2005, 11:42 AM
It's up to our line play in the trenchs IMHO
We've got the better talent when able to use it when the lines do their jobs.
If both teams play well, we will Squish the Fish again, we are better!
:lolpoint::squish: already proven Oct. 9th '05 and twice last year! GO BILLS!!!

Buckets
11-28-2005, 12:06 PM

Miami got their asses handed to them last week by Cleveland 22 zip. They are in just as bad shape as we are. They don't know from week to week what team is going to show up to play.

OpIv37
11-28-2005, 12:10 PM
And you use the 'fighting irish' as your avatar? you're sounding like a quitter to me. We've squished them once already, and I say we squish 'em again!
What happened today, don't mean squat for next week. That's why we play the games, this BILLS fan aint no quitter, bring on the Fish :bringit:
:lolpoint::squish:

Who said anything about quitting? And in case you haven't noticed, this team has quit in every road game so far.

I just don't see how it's going to be any different this time around.

im4bflo
11-28-2005, 01:26 PM
Who said anything about quitting? And in case you haven't noticed, this team has quit in every road game so far.
I just don't see how it's going to be any different this time around.
You're entitled to your opinion, but reading your thread, If that's how the team and everyone felt, what chance would we have?
As a fan of the team holding the record for greatest comeback in NFL history, those negative thoughts shouldn't exist. Miami kick our asses? F that !!!
I say SQUISH the FISH!!! Let them play the game first, GO BILLS!!!

OpIv37
11-28-2005, 02:16 PM
You're entitled to your opinion, but reading your thread, If that's how the team and everyone felt, what chance would we have?
As a fan of the team holding the record for greatest comeback in NFL history, those negative thoughts shouldn't exist. Miami kick our asses? F that !!!
I say SQUISH the FISH!!! Let them play the game first, GO BILLS!!!

You said yourself that it depends on the play of the O-line. Who has Buffalo's O-line outplayed yet this year? Why do you think it will be any different?

I'm not on the team so my attitude has no effect on them. But based on how they've played on the road, they need to approach it from the mentality of just playing a fundamentally sound football game- not missing tackles, getting penalties, missing blocking assignments, etc and hope for the best. All pro athletes have been in underdog positions at some point in their careers and they know how to respond to it (hopefully).

And as far as the comeback game, what does that have to do with anything? That team was special- the coaches and players back then were far better than the bargain-basement jokers we have playing and coaching now.

justasportsfan
11-28-2005, 03:44 PM
who's been closer. We all have. I hardly ever pick the bills. It's not your predictions that's the problem, it's your "always say die" attitude that's laughable. If we were facing the colts than sure. But the fins? Hey OP, the raiders beat us, the fins beat the raiders, WE BEAT the fins. Hellooooo! The Pats beat us, we beat KC and then KC beat the PAts, Helloooooo! See how your logic is nothing more of a pessimistic POV?

I'll tell you what you tell me by how many points the fins are gonna beat us if you think they are gonna kill us. Cmon.

justasportsfan
11-28-2005, 03:49 PM
Whats the matter justa?? Don't like it when your own fans are honest and realistic with themselves?? Dude, the fins are losing games but our running game is top notch our Oline is fifth best in the league. We are good enough to win any game we play. We just need more Saban type of players and that will happen come this off season. As for Carolina we won that game, not like it matters but we did win. When comparing one team to another is just dumb. It really doesn't matter. Face it, the fins and Bills suck at this point and we will be a division game when the Bills and fins play and I wouldn't bet anything that either team is a lock to win. I hope the fins win as I'm sure you hope the Bills win. But I would say beyond this year, Miami is a lot closer to being a division contender then the Bills. I also think JP will be a bust at some point.Hate me all you want, but thats what I see. I think even though they are two different positions, I think Ronnie is a much better football player then JP. ha! look who's c0me out of the woodworks. Realistic? Get a grip. To say the fins are gonna kill us is being realistic? You got crushed by the browns for crying out loud. Every bad team has a good day. Just like you did against the Pats last year and we did limiting KC's offense to 3 points. In case you haven't noticed. both our teams aren't exactly the best in the AFC and to say that one team could easily blow out another is just a stupid attitude. Hey didn't we go through this in our first game? Don't go acting like you're gonna beat us w/ "pur qb is better, our rb is better, our ....".

OpIv37
11-28-2005, 03:52 PM
who's been closer. We all have. I hardly ever pick the bills. It's not your predictions that's the problem, it's you "always say die" attitude that's laughable.

right. Laughable that I acknowledge that this team has problems. Laughable that I can see we don't match up well with our opponents. Laughable that I noticed our bad attitude and poor performance on the road. Sorry, I'd rather be realistic about our chances than hopelessly optimistic only to be disappointed in the end.

I can't believe some of you. Most of you have been Bills fans as long or longer than I have, which means you've been let down by this team at least as many times as I have, especially in it's modern incarnation. Yet somehow you still expect them to come through. This isn't the "circle the wagons" team of the mid-to-late- 90's. It's the "do what it takes to get a paycheck and nothing more" Mularkey/TD team.

justasportsfan
11-28-2005, 03:58 PM
How is this a give up thread, Justa? If someone believes their team isn't gonna win their giving up on the season? That's called being realistic.

I guess you still think we have a great shot of making the playoffs? If the Pats win 3 more games we would have to win the rest and if they only finished 2-3 we would still have to finish 4-1 just to let the tiebreakers kick in.

It's hard to believe that some people are such homers that they think a 4-7 team that hasn't won on the road all season and has lost 4 out of their last 5 games are gonna come back and win the division when they're 2 games down with only 5 left. They need to get a grip on reality.

How good of a shot do you think the Dolphins have? In your case they don't have a chance at all. The facts are if you think we do then they have just as good of a shot seeing that we're both tied.

The same people who call the Dolphins a joke of a team think that we're a great team when both carry the same records.

We have enough talent on this team to win but we don't have the coaching to bring us over the hump. Till we get ourselves a real coach nothing will change.
Who's talking about the playoffs here? This thread is about the bills getting killed by another horrible team. Don't you guys w/ a french attitude see that? Getting killed by another team who's arguasbly just as bead as we are is definitely a cowardice attitude.

justasportsfan
11-28-2005, 04:02 PM
Miami beat Carolina.My bad. Then this just makes OPs logic stupid. If one team beats one team doesn't mean that that losing team is automatically lose to a team that beat the one that just beat them. Especially a team like the fins that isn't exactly the colts.

justasportsfan
11-28-2005, 04:10 PM
I just don't see how it's going to be any different this time around.Pulease, you quit before the bills played the fins this year. Want me to bring up that quote. You have yet to eat your crow for saying the fins would beat us the first game. You were wrong then. Now, you saying they will beat us again just because they beat the freakin raiders. It's easy for you to make such a prediction after the bills lost and they won. You sure went out on a limb on that one again, :shakeno:

feelthepain
11-28-2005, 04:10 PM
ha! looks who's c0me out of the woodworks. Realistic? Get a grip. To say the fins are gonna kill us is being realistic? You got crushed by the browns for crying out loud. Every bad team has a good day. Just like you did against the Pats last year and we did limiting KC's offense to 3 points. In case you haven't noticed. both our teams aren't exactly the best in the AFC and to say that one team could easily blow out another is just a stupid attitude. Hey didn't we go through this in our first game? Don't go acting like you're gonna beat us w/ "pur qb is better, our rb is better, our ....".

What a whiner you are Justa, why do tou constantly live in the past or act like what one team did to another has any bearing on an up coming game?? You're just bitter becuse your team (once again) can't string two winning seasons together. Thasts not news to anyone but you. However Miami still has a very good chance to improve over last year. Mabye that's nothing to celebrate, but an improvement is an improvement. The Bills are taking a very large step backwards. The Fins are taking a small step forward. BTW, you don't mind bringing up Miami getting "beat down" by the Browns and using that as a reason why the Bills will have a good chance of sweeping the Fins, but not one word about the Bills being B**** slaped by the Chargers or Raiders. Amazing you leave that out of your view of Sundays game against the Fins...maybe the Bills coaching staff uses that same philosophy to prepare for their competition!!! Come to think of it, that would explain a lot!! Question...how many probowl votes does JP have to this point?? My guess, less then Gus!!

justasportsfan
11-28-2005, 04:13 PM
right. Laughable that I acknowledge that this team has problems. Laughable that I can see we don't match up well with our opponents. Laughable that I noticed our bad attitude and poor performance on the road. Sorry, I'd rather be realistic about our chances than hopelessly optimistic only to be disappointed in the end.
I can't believe some of you. Most of you have been Bills fans as long or longer than I have, which means you've been let down by this team at least as many times as I have, especially in it's modern incarnation. Yet somehow you still expect them to come through. This isn't the "circle the wagons" team of the mid-to-late- 90's. It's the "do what it takes to get a paycheck and nothing more" Mularkey/TD team.
No one is saying we don't have problems.

I can't believe some of you who keep coming up with predictions and start bragging how you are right wehen in fact you aren't making any predictions that's any different from almost everyone else's. It your quttier mentallity that;s the problem. Not you prediction.

Yes, some of us have been bills fans longer than you have and we remember the year the bills went all the way to the sb as a wild card or the Pats. That's why we don't quit.

justasportsfan
11-28-2005, 04:17 PM
What a whiner you are Justa, why do tou constantly live in the past or act like what one team did to another has any bearing on an up coming game?? You're just bitter becuse your team (once again) can't string two winning seasons together. Thasts not news to anyone but you. However Miami still has a very good chance to improve over last year. Mabye that's nothing to celebrate, but an improvement is an improvement. The Bills are taking a very large step backwards. The Fins are taking a small step forward. BTW, you don't mind bringing up Miami getting "beat down" by the Browns and using that as a reason why the Bills will have a good chance of sweeping the Fins, but not one word about the Bills being B**** slaped by the Chargers or Raiders. Amazing you leave that out of your view of Sundays game against the Fins...maybe the Bills coaching staff uses that same philosophy to prepare for their competition!!! Come to think of it, that would explain a lot!! Question...how many probowl votes does JP have to this point?? My guess, less then Gus!!

Still can't comprehend as usual. Me whine. I'm not the one who started this thread. DUH!!!! :crazy:

Yo, FTP. Are you so dense that you couldn't see where I said Saban was gonna make ths fish better before the season even started on FH? Go look for my posts, homer. So don't go telling me you could be better than you were last uyear.

As much as you are a homer in any boards, you have more balls than OP and BF21. I'll give you that.

OpIv37
11-28-2005, 04:48 PM
No one is saying we don't have problems.
I can't believe some of you who keep coming up with predictions and start bragging how you are right wehen in fact you aren't making any predictions that's any different from almost everyone else's. It your quttier mentallity that;s the problem. Not you prediction.
Yes, some of us have been bills fans longer than you have and we remember the year the bills went all the way to the sb as a wild card or the Pats. That's why we don't quit.

I never bragged about being right. And you're not making the same predictions as everyone else. When I started by saying Miami will dominate the LOS, you started making ridiculous comparisons about KC and Carolina. That's not making the same prediction at all- it's comparing apples and oranges.

And again, comparing this year's Bills to the '92 Bills or the '01 Pats is ridiculous. Those were better teams with better coaches and more heart. Yes, teams CAN develop and go on improbable runs, but THIS TEAM CAN'T. And even if they do, we're pretty much out of the playoffs barring a total collapse by the Pats, so what's the point? We're playing for pride and these players obviously don't have any. They proved that in Oakland and San Diego.

hemi13
11-28-2005, 05:13 PM
Don't ask me why, but I still have faith!!!!!

!Papacrunk!
11-28-2005, 07:31 PM
it's so simplistic---whom ever can cash in on the other team's mistakes will win, and with both of our teams more than capable of making mistakes, it will be a toss up. I don't believe in wishing good luck to a rival, but hopefully both teams can walk out w/o injuries and have an entertaining Sunday.

OpIv37
11-28-2005, 07:34 PM
it's so simplistic---whom ever can cash in on the other team's mistakes will win, and with both of our teams more than capable of making mistakes, it will be a toss up. I don't believe in wishing good luck to a rival, but hopefully both teams can walk out w/o injuries and have an entertaining Sunday.

what you just said is basically "whoever plays the least bad will win". I agree.

sjoyce
11-28-2005, 08:27 PM
I believe we can beat the Dolphins just because they beat the Raiders means nothing! Every team can have a up or down week and the Raiders had a down week! The Raiders are better than Miami but the sun even shines on a dogs butt occasionally so dont let that decide Sundays outcome! As for poor winless road record I believe if we can win a road game its this one!

OpIv37
11-28-2005, 08:39 PM
I don't care about the outcome- it's the matchup. Miami has a lot of flaws, but their strengths match up with our weaknesses. Their D line played good ball yesterday- Buffalo's O line looked terrible yesterday. They ran the ball well yesterday- our D line looked like **** and gave up huge chunks of yards yesterday.

The reason I think the Bills will lose is because Miami will control the LOS on both sides of the ball

But Papacrunk made a good point too- whoever makes less mistakes will win. Both of these teams are prone to penalties and turnovers and whoever is more disciplined will probably grind it out.

OpIv37
11-28-2005, 08:40 PM
I don't care about the outcome- it's the matchup. Miami has a lot of flaws, but their strengths match up with our weaknesses. Their D line played good ball yesterday- Buffalo's O line looked terrible yesterday. They ran the ball well yesterday- our D line looked like **** and gave up huge chunks of yards yesterday.

The reason I think the Bills will lose is because Miami will control the LOS on both sides of the ball

But Papacrunk made a good point too- whoever makes less mistakes will win. Both of these teams are prone to penalties and turnovers and whoever is more disciplined will probably grind it out.

HHURRICANE
11-28-2005, 09:03 PM
[quote=justasportsfan]it's easy to pick against the bills because of Losman. quote]

What does that mean?! Losman is the only reason I think we can win any games. At least he has some heart. Our D is pathetic!!

DaBills
11-28-2005, 10:19 PM
Everyone relax. It's gonna be ok. Sunday is Dec. 4th.

Miami in December.

:funny:

im4bflo
11-28-2005, 11:29 PM
You said yourself that it depends on the play of the O-line. Who has Buffalo's O-line outplayed yet this year? Why do you think it will be any different?
I'm not on the team so my attitude has no effect on them. But based on how they've played on the road, they need to approach it from the mentality of just playing a fundamentally sound football game- not missing tackles, getting penalties, missing blocking assignments, etc and hope for the best. All pro athletes have been in underdog positions at some point in their careers and they know how to respond to it (hopefully).
And as far as the comeback game, what does that have to do with anything? That team was special- the coaches and players back then were far better than the bargain-basement jokers we have playing and coaching now.
That's cool dude, like I said, your entitled to your opinion, I'm just a little more positive than you. GO BILLS!

LtFinFan66
11-29-2005, 06:50 AM
Everyone relax. It's gonna be ok. Sunday is Dec. 4th.

Miami in December.

:funny:Well....we did go 2 and 2 last Dec. and remember that was 1/2 our wins last year. This is not the Wanny era anymore so you never know what may happen

justasportsfan
11-29-2005, 07:56 AM
I never bragged about being right. And you're not making the same predictions as everyone else. When I started by saying Miami will dominate the LOS, you started making ridiculous comparisons about KC and Carolina. That's not making the same prediction at all- it's comparing apples and oranges.
And again, comparing this year's Bills to the '92 Bills or the '01 Pats is ridiculous. Those were better teams with better coaches and more heart. Yes, teams CAN develop and go on improbable runs, but THIS TEAM CAN'T. And even if they do, we're pretty much out of the playoffs barring a total collapse by the Pats, so what's the point? We're playing for pride and these players obviously don't have any. They proved that in Oakland and San Diego.

The tittle of the thread alone made me sick to see a so called bills fan quit against a rival team who's just as horrible as we are. Like I siad, if we were facing the colts I understand. But the fish? Like I said , you were wrong about them in the first meeting and you were wrong about KC. Now you are acting like we don't have a shot just like we don't have a chance against the Pats.

Please, it's nothing personal but. You don't need to keep starting "I quit" threads , people here already know you're a quitter.

NJFINSFAN1
11-29-2005, 12:03 PM
The tittle of the thread alone made me sick to see a so called bills fan quit against a rival team who's just as horrible as we are. Like I siad, if we were facing the colts I understand. But the fish? Like I said , you were wrong about them in the first meeting and you were wrong about KC. Now you are acting like we don't have a shot just like we don't have a chance against the Pats.

Please, it's nothing personal but. You don't need to keep starting "I quit" threads , people here already know you're a quitter.

I have to agree with both are not very good right now. But it has to be tougher on the Bills fan's right now, you guys were expected to do well. We were not.

It will be a close game.

OpIv37
11-29-2005, 12:11 PM

quitting would be the team not showing up. I don't have the power to do that.

As a fan, quitting would mean not following the team or watching the games or going to the games. I still do all those things. So you need to work on your definition of "quitting".

Also, in all of your "we have a chance" garbage, you never mention Buffalo's play on the road. Did you happen to see the stat in the other thread? Last 3 home games, the Bills have given up 3 TD on defense. Last three road games, the Bills have given up 14 TD's on D. And why exactly is all this supposed to change on Sunday?

Also, I said it once and I'm going to repeat it now. There's virtually no chance of making the playoffs, so we're playing for pride. And I don't think this team has any pride. San Diego, Oakland, Tampa Bay, Carolina, NE- those games would have gone differently if this team had an ounce of fight in them.

NJFINSFAN1
11-29-2005, 12:21 PM
OpIv37, people were saying a lot of Fins quit last week, but they came back and looked good this week. The NFL is a week to week thing, you never know.

The Carolina team has a hell of a defense, and you stayed close if not winning the whole game, so I would not say the Bills quit.

justasportsfan
11-29-2005, 12:49 PM
quitting would be the team not showing up. I don't have the power to do that.
As a fan, quitting would mean not following the team or watching the games or going to the games. I still do all those things. So you need to work on your definition of "quitting".
Also, in all of your "we have a chance" garbage, you never mention Buffalo's play on the road. Did you happen to see the stat in the other thread? Last 3 home games, the Bills have given up 3 TD on defense. Last three road games, the Bills have given up 14 TD's on D. And why exactly is all this supposed to change on Sunday?
Also, I said it once and I'm going to repeat it now. There's virtually no chance of making the playoffs, so we're playing for pride. And I don't think this team has any pride. San Diego, Oakland, Tampa Bay, Carolina, NE- those games would have gone differently if this team had an ounce of fight in them.

My replies on this thread were not based on making the playoff . It's based on your throwing in the towel (as a fan) against a team that isn't that good. You did the same thing the first time and you're doing it again. If the bills beat the fins this weekend, will you eat your crow because you didn't the last time ?

OpIv37
11-29-2005, 01:00 PM
My replies on this thread were not based on making the playoff . It's based on your throwing in the towel (as a fan) against a team that isn't that good. You did the same thing the first time and you're doing it again. If the bills beat the fins this weekend, will you eat your crow because you didn't the last time ?

I said the fins will take one from us this year. They still have one more chance. Yes, if we win I'll eat crow. It's a pretty safe bet given the way the Bills play on the road.

You read too much into things. When I say "Miami is going to kick our asses", it means "I don't expect a win this week". You interpret it as "Why bother showing up?" We all encounter situations in life- sports and otherwise- where we know we won't like the outcome but it doesn't mean we shouldn't try. I know there's no way in hell I'm getting an A in my horrid class this semester, but I'm still showing up and doing the best I can on the homework. If I'm lucky I'll get a B+ and it won't hurt my overall GPA too bad.

That's how the Bills need to look at all their road games. Show up, play hard, don't make stupid mistakes or take plays off. Maybe they'll get lucky and pull out a win- if not maybe they'll at least find some plays that work to build on after next game.u

FinNasty23
11-29-2005, 01:12 PM

Um... we beat the Cats...

NJFINSFAN1
11-29-2005, 01:16 PM
Um... we beat the Cats...

Yes we did!:bighug:

FinNasty23
11-29-2005, 01:27 PM
I'm not comparing the two different positions I'm comparing the talent, and Ronnie IMO has far more talent then JP. How are we stuck with a career backup?? Last year we brought in S.Linehan as the OC and we picked up Gus because we didn't have the money to spend in FA and Gus knows Linehans system. This next coming year we will be far under the cap and we will have a very good QB and Gus will stay as the backup, BTW our backup QB, who just happens to be our starter is out performing your "prodigy" every week and this week is no different.

As for Saban, get real when was Saban ever a HC in this league before this year?? He was the DC for the Browns and when he arrived in Cleveland the Browns were nearly last in the league in D, when Saban left 4 years latter to coach Michigan St. the Browns had the best D in the league...thats what you call lousy??? Ok, whatever!!
:goodpost:

justasportsfan
11-29-2005, 01:27 PM
I said the fins will take one from us this year. They still have one more chance. Yes, if we win I'll eat crow. It's a pretty safe bet given the way the Bills play on the road.
You read too much into things. When I say "Miami is going to kick our asses", it means "I don't expect a win this week". You interpret it as "Why bother showing up?" We all encounter situations in life- sports and otherwise- where we know we won't like the outcome but it doesn't mean we shouldn't try. I know there's no way in hell I'm getting an A in my horrid class this semester, but I'm still showing up and doing the best I can on the homework. If I'm lucky I'll get a B+ and it won't hurt my overall GPA too bad.
That's how the Bills need to look at all their road games. Show up, play hard, don't make stupid mistakes or take plays off. Maybe they'll get lucky and pull out a win- if not maybe they'll at least find some plays that work to build on after next game.uyou said the same thing the first game. To predict them taking 1 game is no prediction. You sure went overboard on that one. NOT. The first game you said they would beat us, you were wrong. Now that we beat them you're saying you said they would take 1 game. HAHA!

You're making this prediction based on how they played the raiders? Like I said, if it was the colts I'd understand. The smart finfans agree this game is not a gimme being it's a rival game. Spin it all you want, I replied on the thread based on your assumption all season..... quit

FinNasty23
11-29-2005, 01:30 PM

:shocked::shocked:
I never thought I would ever read this on this board!!