• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Turf
    • Jul 2002

Mularkey told Adams we had a better chance without him

HUH?
    Mularkey is a tool. Sam went home. Unbelievable.
    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.
  • RedEyE
    • Jul 2002

Re: Mularkey told Adams we had a better chance without him

Mularkey is going to be axed. You can smell it coming.

Comment

• Michael82
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RedEyE
      He better and he better take Tom Donahoe with him.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
        My battery is low and it's getting dark.
        • Apr 2004

I'm not sure he's made a difference. Sometimes he can shrink a pass pocket, but he's been virtually invisible against the run. The defense looked more stout in the middle today than I've seen them all year and Carolina has a pretty good O-line.

Comment

• Fairway
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RedEyE

What makes you think that? I wish you were right but I can't see it happening. Ralph is not going to want to eat 3 years of contract

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Sam has been inconsistent but he is the best DT on the roster- at the very least he can take up space and force runs outside. Mularkey was stupid to alienate him like that, and Adams is immature for going home to pout about it instead of supporting his team and trying to help the younger guys. Right now we could really use him on the field.

I liked Sam a lot coming into this season, but he has pissed me off this year and he needs to go in the offseason.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Devin
              The Octagon
              • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Fairway
              What makes you think that? I wish you were right but I can't see it happening. Ralph is not going to want to eat 3 years of contract
              Id love for it to happen but it wont.
              http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• G. Host
                Banned
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by andyxc71
                I'm not sure he's made a difference. Sometimes he can shrink a pass pocket, but he's been virtually invisible against the run. The defense looked more stout in the middle today than I've seen them all year and Carolina has a pretty good O-line.
                Agree. One sports article I read before game said Bills was missing their best defense tackler. I couldn't stop laughing after that for a while.

Sam is one of the players who needs to be let go next year.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                  Roways rooking ahread!
                  • Sep 2005

Coach, Coach I want to play, ahh we would be better off without you.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37
                    Sam has been inconsistent but he is the best DT on the roster- at the very least he can take up space and force runs outside. Mularkey was stupid to alienate him like that, and Adams is immature for going home to pout about it instead of supporting his team and trying to help the younger guys. Right now we could really use him on the field.

I liked Sam a lot coming into this season, but he has pissed me off this year and he needs to go in the offseason.
                    This is just more evidence of the team not respecting Mularkey and being out of control.

Comment

• RedEyE
                      • Jul 2002

Mularkey has made some really bad moves this season. TD will want to save his own ass and will dump the coach after this season. TD has already started by repeating to the media time and time again that Mularkey has full reigns on the team. Where was that attitude last season? During the Man-Boobs era? TD knows that things aren't going well in the coaching arean and it's up to him to make it right, or he'll find himself walking the plank with MM.

Comment

• Meathead
                        Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                        • Jul 2002

a) if you think any team is going to can a new hc after two seasons yur

b) adams is injured. why do you feel you have a better handle on how effective he would be than the coaches?
                        One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• BillsFever21
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Meathead
                          a) if you think any team is going to can a new hc after two seasons yur

b) adams is injured. why do you feel you have a better handle on how effective he would be than the coaches?
                          It happens if the team realizes the coach is junk and pulls the plug early instead of wasting another season.

Detroits previous coach Marty Moren-something comes to mind. He was canned after 2 years.

Other teams have fired coaches after two years. Two years is enough time to determine if they have it or if they don't. It's different if it's 2 years on a miserable team with no talent. When the team has talent and the coach still can't produce after two years it's a problem that needs taken care of.

It's even more disturbing when the coaches area of specialty not only doesn't improve but actually declines in his two years. That is the case with Mularkey. He's supposed to be an offensive genius but it's not in any better shape then when he took over even though there is more talent on that side of the ball.

With that said I think Donahoe will miss the boat once again and cling to him for another season. Plus Ralph Wilson won't wanna pay him the rest of the contract.

Comment

• baalworship
                            • May 2003

It's hard to say how good Mularkey's playcalling is, we don't have an offensive line. While I agree that Mularkey has not done anything to impress me this year let's keep in mind the players in the trenches we are going to war with:
                            Defensive Line:
                            Schobel, Kelsay, Bannan, Anderson, Denney
                            Not one player here can be described as very good. Schobel is the best of an underwhelming group. Anderson and Bannan might be the worst starting DT combo in the NFL. I will say give credit to Anderson who seems to be playing with better leverage than he was earlier.
                            Offensive Line:
                            Gandy, Anderson, Teague, Villarial, Peters, M Williams
                            The best player in this group is.....Mike Williams. I know few will agree with me but when he is healthy he is our best lineman. Peters shows promise but is not a finished product. Every player from LT to Center needs to be replaced. Our pass protection is getting worse as the year goes on and our run blocking is a joke. The only run plays that seem to work happen out of passing type formations when we surprise the other team. Every 3rd and 1 is like another team's 3rd and 3.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                              Zero for Zero!
                              • Mar 2003

Mularkey said after the game Adams was scratched because of his injury. Even when he has played, he has been invisible.

Adams is being a crying, whining baby. He is wearing out his welcome here, just like he did in Seattle, Oakland and Baltimore.
                              Originally posted by mysticsoto
                              Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

Working...
                              X