PDA

View Full Version : Next years' doom and gloom

Turf
11-27-2005, 08:29 PM
As you look at this lineup, loss of free agents, cap situation, older vets, there is no way that TD has the capacity to build a championship team.
Lets realistically take a look:

QB: OK, we know JPs' the man
RB: Will McGahee hold out? We have no one else.
WR: Cut Moulds? Replace him? Evans is a sure thing. Reed?
OL: How can he possibly replace at least 4 linemen?
DL: Adams gone. No stud DE. Needs shoring up across the board.
LB: Spikes coming off an injury, Posey thumbs down, Fletcher a year older, not looking good
DB: Clements, can we afford him? If not who's left? Mcgee, OK. Vincent should retire. Milloy is past his prime and overpaid.

I don't know how it's possible for Donahoe (not another gm but TD) to fix all of these areas.
It's another rebuilding year after 5 years of a wasted cycle, which means another 3 years of this trash.
The only hope, and I mean the ONLY hope if TD stays which it is almost certain he will, is to wipe out the coaching staff and bring in a name coach.

Mr. Cynical
11-27-2005, 08:38 PM
If TD is still our GM next year we will miss the playoffs 6 straight years.

jpdex12
11-27-2005, 08:57 PM
As you look at this lineup, loss of free agents, cap situation, older vets, there is no way that TD has the capacity to build a championship team.

LB: Spikes coming off an injury, Posey thumbs down, Fletcher a year older, not looking good
DB: Clements, can we afford him? If not who's left? Mcgee, OK. Vincent should retire. Milloy is past his prime and overpaid.

I don't know how it's possible for Donahoe (not another gm but TD) to fix all of these areas.
It's another rebuilding year after 5 years of a wasted cycle, which means another 3 years of this trash.
The only hope, and I mean the ONLY hope if TD stays which it is almost certain he will, is to wipe out the coaching staff and bring in a name coach.

Fletcher...not looking good? He had 17 tackles today for christ sake. He is a solid fixture on this team!

Turf
11-27-2005, 09:03 PM
Fletcher...not looking good? He had 17 tackles today for christ sake. He is a solid fixture on this team!

No not Fletcher, the overall LB situation. Fletcher is playing good, but how long can he play like that by himself.

X-Era
11-27-2005, 09:08 PM

So, you throw us into the big time losers fire as far as having so many player issues and then say our only hope is to sign a whole new coaching staff? Huhh?

How about this"

RB- Willis doesnt hold out, just because Rosenclown is his agent doesnt mean its a sure thing
WR- Cutting Moulds means 5.2 mill back in our pockets, probably enough to land the top guy in Reggie Wayne.
OL- 4 linemen? I see a need for maybe 2. LG is a sure fire need, RT is adequately manned for both short and the long term in Peters, Gandy is good for a few more years at LT or the 2 could be flipped. Villarial is at least solid at RG, as is Teague but I like upgrading at least one of them. Cutting Mike Williams gives us the cash to get at least Steve Hutchinson or LeCharles Bentley and the a draft pick can start day one at the other spot.
DL- Agreed, our biggest concern, Id love a stud pass rusher but we have bigger needs and some young guys who can play pretty well. DT we can get a guy like D Lewis/R Pickett/L Tripplett from FA with teh cap cash saved on Sam Adams and then draft one day one
LB- Spikes will be fine, Fletcher is OK for now, Crowell has played decent and we can draft a guy day one to fight with Crowell for the starter spot and let Posey go
DB- Milloy probably stays, Vincent stays, Clements is resigned with our cap cash or traded for another CB, and McGee is here to stay

MM gets another year.

Im not sure I see doom and gloom, a few cuts, a few big name pickups, and a strong draft actually makes us BETTER than today and its all doable if you simply...do it!

ParanoidAndroid
11-27-2005, 09:11 PM
agreed

No. I don't think he will hold out. If he does, let him. Buffalo will be looking for a backup who can also start, anyway.

Moulds is a tough call. He's still a weapon, but his cap hit is possibly too big for a rebuilding team. Restructure or cut. Reed can go. He's too unreliable.

We don't need 4. We need a guard who can pull and recover. We also need a tackle. Gandy, Preston, Peters and a couple newbies. Teague has to go. He cannot handle big DT's.

Agreed.

The discovery of Crowell makes it bearable. I would not be upset with a day one pick at LB this year.

Everyone wanted Clements' head last week when he bit on the pump fake. Bailey got shook on an identical play on Turkey Day. Truth be told, we needed a turnover and there was no safety help. Nate is a top 5 CB who has been good for a team with no pass rush. We need him. Milloy is fine for now, but Vincent is slowing down quickly. Rashad Baker is the faster, more physical player and should start next year.

Turf
11-27-2005, 09:27 PM
I think the prospect of turning over 7-10 players with most of them being starters is not only not going to happen, but rebuilding. You could easily exhaust all of this teams resources just rebuilding the O-Line and replacing Moulds or Clements.
And this all has to happen without upgrading other backup roles we need. We might as well be a freakin expansion team at this point.

ScottLawrence
11-27-2005, 10:51 PM
Lets be realistic here.

The teams not going to turnover all the players you listed.

Its ludacris.

They'll keep about 3 starters on the offensive line IMO.(Gandy, Villarrial, Peters....Say goodbye to Williams, and Anderson)

If they release Adams, they'll have a lot of work ahead of them, because this team has two scrubs playing in place of him right now....The smart thing to do would be to keep him, and draft a two gap DT with your first round pick.

WR: Moulds will be cut, his cap is too high for his productivity. We'll have to replace him with a cheap veteran FA WR.

LB: We are fine here, maybe get rid of Posey, and replace him with Crowell.

Secondary: Clements is a gonner, another Veteran FA CB will have to be brought in to replace him.

This team can easily be rebuilt in one year, if they make the right moves in the off season.

But why should I believe Donahoe will after 5 years of ****.

don137
11-28-2005, 06:19 AM
QB- needs experience. Unfortunately, JP looks like one of those QBs that if he is going to become a productive QB he will need 2-3 years of growing pains. He isn't a Roethlisburger.
RB- WM too inconsistant to hold out. Some of the inconsistantcy was due to teams stacking the box but WM has been inconsistant hitting the holes and stutter stepping too much at the line.
WR- I like what I see in Parrish. He could become another Steve Smith or Santana Moss. Evans is a staple. Moulds time has come. Being outspoken about Holcomb starting really hurt this team. He is not a playmaker anymore. Reed still is inconsistant but he is better than the last two years. I think the Bills are good with Parrish and Evans but may need to get a 3rd WR
OL- UGH. Peters will be fine with more experience. Hopefully Preston can develop into something but given TD's track record of drafting quality linemen I am apprehensive. Teague is a journeyman at best. Basically other than Peters who needs more development the Bills could use a whole new group.
DL- Kelsey is average IMO and Schobel has taken a step backwards this year. With so many needs elsewhere unfortunately we will have to live with what we have at DE for now. DT is a mess. They are severely overmatched and are pushed asside like yesterday's newspaper. Need big time help here. Our current group are no better than reserves.
LB- We can hope Spikes can come back to his former self. I know he has the heart to do it the question will his body let him. Fletcher is getting older. I do think he has another good year left in the tank but I do not see his replacement on the roster. I never seen a player start on a team for 3 years and do nothing on the field until TD brought in Posey. Crowell had a very untimely penalty against the Panthers but he looks like a player. Personnel wise a 3-4 would fit this team if the Bills could get a big man in the DT spot and move Spike inside.
DB- Clements should not be paid like the top corner in the league but deserves to be in the top 5. Mcgee is coming into his own. Milloy has to go and Vincent has one decent year left. Give Baker a shot.

X-Era
11-28-2005, 06:52 AM
Lets be realistic here.

The teams not going to turnover all the players you listed.

Its ludacris.

They'll keep about 3 starters on the offensive line IMO.(Gandy, Villarrial, Peters....Say goodbye to Williams, and Anderson)

If they release Adams, they'll have a lot of work ahead of them, because this team has two scrubs playing in place of him right now....The smart thing to do would be to keep him, and draft a two gap DT with your first round pick.

WR: Moulds will be cut, his cap is too high for his productivity. We'll have to replace him with a cheap veteran FA WR.

LB: We are fine here, maybe get rid of Posey, and replace him with Crowell.

Secondary: Clements is a gonner, another Veteran FA CB will have to be brought in to replace him.

This team can easily be rebuilt in one year, if they make the right moves in the off season.

But why should I believe Donahoe will after 5 years of ****.

Replace Moulds with a CHEAP veteran? You my friend are part of the problem not the solution. Remember that you said that, we can revisit it when it costs us games next year.

That is NOT the way to head UP, that is why we are where we are. Bargain basement deals always break as soon as you get them out of the store.

R. Rich
11-28-2005, 06:55 AM
If we do get rid of Big Mike, doesn't that mean he'd still cost us in terms of dead cap $$? If that's the case, what kind of $$ would we have available to make the necessary changes some have proposed? Can someone who's a bit more cap-savvy (I'm sure not) come up w/ a reasonable plan?

X-Era
11-28-2005, 06:59 AM
QB- needs experience. Unfortunately, JP looks like one of those QBs that if he is going to become a productive QB he will need 2-3 years of growing pains. He isn't a Roethlisburger.
RB- WM too inconsistant to hold out. Some of the inconsistantcy was due to teams stacking the box but WM has been inconsistant hitting the holes and stutter stepping too much at the line.
WR- I like what I see in Parrish. He could become another Steve Smith or Santana Moss. Evans is a staple. Moulds time has come. Being outspoken about Holcomb starting really hurt this team. He is not a playmaker anymore. Reed still is inconsistant but he is better than the last two years. I think the Bills are good with Parrish and Evans but may need to get a 3rd WR
OL- UGH. Peters will be fine with more experience. Hopefully Preston can develop into something but given TD's track record of drafting quality linemen I am apprehensive. Teague is a journeyman at best. Basically other than Peters who needs more development the Bills could use a whole new group.
DL- Kelsey is average IMO and Schobel has taken a step backwards this year. With so many needs elsewhere unfortunately we will have to live with what we have at DE for now. DT is a mess. They are severely overmatched and are pushed asside like yesterday's newspaper. Need big time help here. Our current group are no better than reserves.
LB- We can hope Spikes can come back to his former self. I know he has the heart to do it the question will his body let him. Fletcher is getting older. I do think he has another good year left in the tank but I do not see his replacement on the roster. I never seen a player start on a team for 3 years and do nothing on the field until TD brought in Posey. Crowell had a very untimely penalty against the Panthers but he looks like a player. Personnel wise a 3-4 would fit this team if the Bills could get a big man in the DT spot and move Spike inside.
DB- Clements should not be paid like the top corner in the league but deserves to be in the top 5. Mcgee is coming into his own. Milloy has to go and Vincent has one decent year left. Give Baker a shot.

Agree with most. Gandy has been one of our bright spots on the o-line. For once in the past 3 years at least, the Tackles are NOT our problem. Its the interior o-line thats killing us. Fortunately there are a few top notch studs in FA, Steve Hutchinson and LeCharles Bentley both are some of the best at their spots. Last year was a better FA year on the o-lines interior, but TD screwed us plain and simple. The draft has very few day one guys but many solid looking mid rounders. Max Jean Giles and Davin Joseph are the 2 names that earn day one consideration, after that you have C Nick Mangold, G Meyers, RT Randy Hand, C Mike Degory, Theres a few others and probably a few vets will get cut. Personally I would keep Villarial but cut Bennie or Teague based on who we get from FA. This spot needs to be filled in FA, play to the strengths of the offseason.

dannyek71
11-28-2005, 07:53 AM
Id like to see preston play some LG this season.