PDA

View Full Version : DT help?

BufBlue4ever60
01-17-2003, 09:57 PM
I heard that the Raiders will be releasing Darrel Russel, and possbily Sam Adams at seasons end? Could we take one of these. I know Russel would be a big risk, but I think its worth taking. What do you think.

4thAndLong
01-17-2003, 10:13 PM
Russell would be a locker room cancer, his life off the field is terrible, and he'll end up getting suspended atleast 5 games.

Doc
01-17-2003, 10:42 PM
John Thornton is who the Bills want/need. Get him, Hugh Douglas, a top notch OLB, and a TE and the Bills will be a SB fave.

Jeff 311
01-17-2003, 11:02 PM
If Dick Lebeu signs I heard he will be coordinating the D. Do you think he will change to the 3-4 zone blitz. If we do pat williams schobel and marcus jones would be a sold front 3. Plus I like the Banan guy and who knows if Denney will develop.

Bert102176
01-18-2003, 12:35 AM
Denney was a useless pick we should not have traded up to get him and we should have drafted Najeh Davenport the FB which I believe was drafted by the Packers.

Doc
01-18-2003, 08:24 AM
They should have stayed put and taken Ben Leber with their 3rd rounder and Alex Brown with their 4th rounder. However that's 20/20 hindsight.

As for LeBeau, I think he'll incorporate the 3-4, but I doubt they'll go with it primarily. I sure hope he joins since he'd be a great addition.

Dozerdog
01-18-2003, 10:30 AM
Russell is a mess. Stay away from him ....

That kid from the Cowboys.....Brandon Noble- he's a guy I like

venis2k1
01-18-2003, 02:18 PM
I heard that MT. Washington is leaving the bears, that is who i am praying for.

ArcticWildMan
01-18-2003, 02:26 PM
Ted has ankle problems. That's one reason we cut him and why he only played a few games this season for the Bears.

I like Ted, but his days in the NFL are coming to an end. That's what happens when you carry almost 400 pounds on your frame!!

MissBuffalo
01-18-2003, 03:01 PM
I heard Bryant Young from the 49'ers may be available.

ublinkwescore
01-18-2003, 03:29 PM
I've heard Bryant Young is available too.

But I'd rather have Hugh Douglass (he's a DT right)

The_Philster
01-18-2003, 04:49 PM
Hugh Douglas is a DE

SABURZFAN
01-18-2003, 06:11 PM
adams may be a salary cap casualty.what about d.gardner.i know he's been a pain in the @$$ in the past but wwwhen healthy and his head on straight,he could be a force with PW.

Jeff 311
01-19-2003, 12:21 AM
What do you guys feel of Justin banan ? I think he will take Edwards spot next season if we keep the 4-3.

mush69
01-19-2003, 06:44 AM
Banan could be a great d-lineman but him Denny, Schobel, need a veteran power/speed rusher to learn the tricks of the trade. Our d-line looked like it was starting to gel toward the end of the season. I don't think we should completely wipeout our past picks, bring in some veterans without spending the whole farm on them and let them play for a job in spring training!

It is going to be an interesting offseason to say the least. I'm hoping that our genius level coaching staff don't bring a problem child, :injured: :badboy: . That's the last thing we need to ruin what we have (which wasn't much) but let's not go backward.

Bert102176
01-19-2003, 06:09 PM
I think Banan is gonna be great I watched him through college and was hoping the Bills would draft him and was ecstatic to see him be picked by them.

WG
01-19-2003, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by mush69
Banan could be a great d-lineman but him Denny, Schobel, need a veteran power/speed rusher to learn the tricks of the trade. Our d-line looked like it was starting to gel toward the end of the season. I don't think we should completely wipeout our past picks, bring in some veterans without spending the whole farm on them and let them play for a job in spring training!

It is going to be an interesting offseason to say the least. I'm hoping that our genius level coaching staff don't bring a problem child, :injured: :badboy: . That's the last thing we need to ruin what we have (which wasn't much) but let's not go backward.

You're right mush, more than most years this offseason will be interesting. It will be interesting to see if our FO sits there while all the best buys and top players get grabbed up again leaving us w/ the "leftovers" again.

No more "former Tennessee/Pittsburgh" people, PLEASE!

A bunch of the DL-men that have been mentioned would be good. Not Russell however. He's a screwball!