PDA

View Full Version : First loss I ever felt good about

X-Era
11-27-2005, 08:32 PM
If there is such a thing.

Why?

JP Losman- Anyone who has watched the development of young QB's has to be excited for our future. Losman p.b. (post benching) has continued to get better each and every week. Today shows that he is at least on par with Holcomb and is probably better after today. He made throws all day and put the team in a position to win a game when they had no running game. That alone bodes very well for our future. All the great teams find a way to get it done no matter what it takes. This was a guy who has a total of 6 starts (not even a half season) of experience and he literally ran the offense all day. He showed poise, accuracy, very good decision making and most of all looked comfortable. The INT was a negative for sure. But, I serious feel that this is an up and coming offense. What they cannot count on your 6 start young QB to carry the entire team to a win, YET. Its coming, just not yet. He isnt far enough along yet. Again, if you watched guys like Carson Palmer and Eli in their first years, our guy looks much much better. If it continues, we are in very very good shape. He plays a pretty mistake free game and keeps getting better.

Now, I also have worries. My major worry that I cant find an immediate solution for is the apparent benching and now inevitable release of Sam Adams. Yes, we can save us around 2 mill (thanks clumpy). However, what we dont see at this point is a sure fire day one stud DT available through FA or the draft. Are there guys who could fit the Bill? maybe guys like Damione Lewis, Ryan Pickett, Larry Tripplett. Draft? maybe guys like Ngata, or Wright. But none is a sure thing and we SHOULD by all accounts be adding guys like that ANYWAYS. I liked this as an upgrade to our d-line but only as our #2 DT. I had always assumed Adams would be our #1 for another few years and then one of the aforementioned guys or some other would step in as our #1. Now, without Adams, we immediately need an upgrade to any of the rest of the backups and it aint there right now in FA, or so it looks at this point. Cuts? maybe.

I am only slightly modifying my offseason moves:

Moulds- cut, yes he played decent but is SO not worth the cost any more.
Mike Williams- gone, its over the guy cant stay healthy and isnt even a starter, cut him
Sam Adams- probably cut
Posey- gone still am seeing jack squat from him. Draft a guy on day one to replace him or switch Crowell or Spikes to his side.

Staying however is Fletcher who showed that he can be all over the field with a nice game today. But again with Adams gone and no real upgrade or push replacing him, Fletcher again becomes a liability to so Fletcher went from gon to on thin ice only because we have no solid d-line.

Also staying may be Milloy. Wire sucks and Baker isnt too much better. Another day one pick should be spent on S, guys like Greg Blue or Mike Huff would be great prospects as we struggle through another year of Milloy.

So thats it, our young guys on O are stepping up and Willis will get better once we properly address our o-line and continue to develop our passing game. A few bigger names via FA and the draft and we are headed in the right direction quick. Especially when the Pats are headed down, Miami and the Jets are a few years away. We should make a big splash this offseason, take our division by the balls and run with it next year.

But remember, if we follow our previous past 2 offseasons and go the cheap route, we can expect the same mess next year.

BillsFever21
11-27-2005, 08:40 PM
He is far ahead in progress after 6 starts then Manning and Palmer was. It doesn't gurantee he will be as good or better then them but it's showing he will be a capable QB.

X-Era
11-27-2005, 08:47 PM
He is far ahead in progress after 6 starts then Manning and Palmer was. It doesn't gurantee he will be as good or better then them but it's showing he will be a capable QB.

Im telling ya. He looks like Flutie out of the pocket with the correct height, has a Favre like arm without the picks, and is getting solid composure. He could be really really good. Once some of our nay saying overpaid vets take a hike, we can see his BEST quality come alive and thats his fiery winners attitude.

I feel very very good about our future. Lets not let our D take a nose dive and lose what weve built by not UPgrading on D as well.

This offseason can make us a solid AFC East champ contender and therefore put the playoffs squarely in our sights but we MUST seize the moment, make some cuts, spend some cash, and draft well.

Bill Cody
11-27-2005, 09:10 PM
I think JP deserves a game ball. Those two drives for FG's were beautiful! And if that gust of wind hadn't come up on the throw to Moulds and the sun hadn't gotten in his eyes on that last throw I just KNOW we would have won. I'm jacked!

X-Era
11-27-2005, 09:11 PM
I think JP deserves a game ball. Those two drives for FG's were beautiful! And if that gust of wind hadn't come up on the throw to Moulds and the sun hadn't gotten in his eyes on that last throw I just KNOW we would have won. I'm jacked!

Translation, wahhh, wahhh, wahhh I now love the Cowboys.

DynaPaul
But the big question is will Mike Mularkey tout this as moral victory number two on the season?

Devin
I would agree, the INT wouldnt have bothered me if we werent driving for the win. He is playing leaps and bounds better then he was at the start of the season.

If we make good moves in the offseason I am very excited about next year.

Devin
11-27-2005, 09:12 PM

Drew Bledsoe :rofl:

CAbills
11-27-2005, 09:23 PM
I would agree, the INT wouldnt have bothered me if we werent driving for the win. He is playing leaps and bounds better then he was at the start of the season.

If we make good moves in the offseason I am very excited about next year.

Its has been a couple years since we made some good offseason moves, I am hoping that we have money next year.

There needs to be a huge o-line overhall. Keep Peters, Preston and....? I am not sure. Huge DT overhall, Sam will be gone, and there is nobody behind him. Posey cut for Crowell?

Vincent or Milloy has to go Pollard and Bing are two SS that come to mind in this draft that I think could be have with a 2nd rounder.

Your going to have to find another corner once Clements leaves, pray Spikes recovers to the player he was. Everyone says cut Moulds, great than who do we have Evans and Parrish as the #1 and #2? That doesn't comfort me at all.

This team has so many problems going into next year and it worries me a little, only for the sole fact I have yet to see Donahoe spend ANY money an a FA offensive line who is TALENTED.

However, just imagine if we had a solid offensive line, how much JP and Willis could improve. Man a solid offensive line....:drool2:

TacklingDummy
11-28-2005, 06:10 AM
2 Drives that leads to FGs. Lost the game on the last drive with a INT. Yeah he's playing wonderful.

X-Era
11-28-2005, 07:01 AM
2 Drives that leads to FGs. Lost the game on the last drive with a INT. Yeah he's playing wonderful.

As much as I disagree with you, you WILL NOT get negged by me. You come here and state your feelings, and your consistent. I wish you would provide some solutions with your criticisms though just to add to the variety.

X-Era
11-28-2005, 07:03 AM
Its has been a couple years since we made some good offseason moves, I am hoping that we have money next year.

There needs to be a huge o-line overhall. Keep Peters, Preston and....? I am not sure. Huge DT overhall, Sam will be gone, and there is nobody behind him. Posey cut for Crowell?

Vincent or Milloy has to go Pollard and Bing are two SS that come to mind in this draft that I think could be have with a 2nd rounder.

Your going to have to find another corner once Clements leaves, pray Spikes recovers to the player he was. Everyone says cut Moulds, great than who do we have Evans and Parrish as the #1 and #2? That doesn't comfort me at all.

This team has so many problems going into next year and it worries me a little, only for the sole fact I have yet to see Donahoe spend ANY money an a FA offensive line who is TALENTED.

However, just imagine if we had a solid offensive line, how much JP and Willis could improve. Man a solid offensive line....:drool2:

Were not there yet but brace yourselves for the cheap route fans. They are always there. We simply need to remind them that THAT plan is EXACTLY why we are in this mess. It doesnt work. Lets review:

Indy has

Peyton
Harrison
Wayne
Tarik Glenn
Jeff Saturday
Dwight Freeney
Corey Simon
Edge

WOW! And they are under the cap. It CAN be done.

JayWood
11-28-2005, 07:25 AM
JP showed me alot yesterday. It is going to take some time, however the kid had great control over the no huddle offense and moved the team down field with ease. Next step is getting into the endzone more often. I would say i am encouraged to see where he started the season, and where he is right now. During the no huddle yesterday i was starting to have mad flashbacks...would be nice if those flashbacks of the dyas of old can become a reality

Mudflap1
11-28-2005, 10:25 AM
Were not there yet but brace yourselves for the cheap route fans. They are always there. We simply need to remind them that THAT plan is EXACTLY why we are in this mess. It doesnt work. Lets review:

Indy has

Peyton
Harrison
Wayne
Tarik Glenn
Jeff Saturday
Dwight Freeney
Corey Simon
Edge

WOW! And they are under the cap. It CAN be done.

Who is their general manager? Ohhhhh, that's right..... :crap:

Another fine move by the Buffalo organization.

Jon

X-Era
11-28-2005, 10:32 AM
Who is their general manager? Ohhhhh, that's right..... :crap:

Another fine move by the Buffalo organization.

Jon

So true, the same guy that built OUR SB team.

What I would give to get him back.

I have been thinking the same thing all along

Michael82
11-28-2005, 06:34 PM
So true, the same guy that built OUR SB team.

What I would give to get him back.

I have been thinking the same thing all along
:sadwalk: