PDA

View Full Version : Biron to Pittsburgh

JD
11-28-2005, 01:46 AM
Good idea?
They have let by like 100 goals already this year, who could we get... maybe gonchar? lol :idunno:

:jig:

fushetti
11-28-2005, 06:36 AM
they'd never take Biron and his 2.5 mil per. If anyone goes, its gonna be Mika which is too bad. He's never been given a chance and when he has... something freak happens.

SabreEleven
11-28-2005, 06:44 AM
and a trade won't happen until Miller is back.

SkateZilla
11-28-2005, 07:53 AM
I think a interview with darcy said they are shopping Biron with a Minor League Defensemen, dont remember which one...

Dozerdog
11-28-2005, 08:47 AM
They already have 3 goalies-

Millions sunk into Thibault, Their goalie of the future in Fleury, and Caron- who has been their best so far. They have no need for a goalie.

They need defensemen and some checking forwards...and coaching

Dozerdog
11-28-2005, 08:49 AM
Boston could use him- so could Atlanta. Both need to salvage a playoff spot.

Earthquake Enyart
11-28-2005, 08:50 AM
Marty looks damn good lately. I wouldn't trade him anywhere.

fushetti
11-28-2005, 10:18 AM

Marty does look good...but he's terribly inconsistent. He always gives up that backbreaking goal. If I was GM and could swing a trade to get rid of him, I would especially now with him standing on his head. I like my chances with Miller/Noronen in the years to come.

Earthquake Enyart
11-28-2005, 10:23 AM
Best thing to ever happen to Marty are the new rules where the goalie can't stickhandle. That's where he used to blow it.

Demon
11-28-2005, 10:47 AM

No let's keep him til he stuggles, and then make "Fire Regier" threads about why he didn't deal Biron when he had time.

Mika and Miller are a solid duo.

I doubt he goes to Pittsburgh though. I'd guess a Western Conference team or Atlanta.

Myers57
lol for a second when I looked at the title I thought you were serious and wondered, why the hell would they trade him now?

Demon
I think a interview with darcy said they are shopping Biron with a Minor League Defensemen, dont remember which one...

Jeff Jillson.

SkateZilla
11-28-2005, 04:04 PM
Jeff Jillson.

Yeah thats it, see how quick I forgot that name .. lmao

Biron, Jillson and 3rd Rounder for XXXX

Bill Brasky
11-28-2005, 04:40 PM
I've been very critical of Biron, but that was due to his horrible play earlier this year. He has really come on as of late, and given the status of our injury prone goalies, I think it's a bad idea to get rid of him -- at least right now.

Wait until Miller and MN are both healthy. I'd wait until Miller comes back and proves he can continue to play at the level he was playing at before... if he does, wait until Mika is back and then ship one of those guys, probably Biron, he's too inconsistant at times.

SkateZilla
11-28-2005, 06:01 PM
I've been very critical of Biron, but that was due to his horrible play earlier this year. He has really come on as of late, and given the status of our injury prone goalies, I think it's a bad idea to get rid of him -- at least right now.

Wait until Miller and MN are both healthy. I'd wait until Miller comes back and proves he can continue to play at the level he was playing at before... if he does, wait until Mika is back and then ship one of those guys, probably Biron, he's too inconsistant at times.

I Somewhat Agree, Goalies are doing down this year like Flies, Having 2 Above Average Goalies and AN Average One will increase chances of not geting into with what happened in atlanta..

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
11-28-2005, 07:15 PM
:lmao: someone called the shootout yesterday and asked what happens if Marty keeps winning even when Miller comes back :question: They all said that if Biron keeps winning that he will be the goalie and Miller would have to beat him out for the job.

SkateZilla
11-28-2005, 10:28 PM
:lmao: someone called the shootout yesterday and asked what happens if Marty keeps winning even when Miller comes back :question: They all said that if Biron keeps winning that he will be the goalie and Miller would have to beat him out for the job.

Miller Did Beat him For the Job IN Preseason and the First 6 Games..

SabreEleven
11-28-2005, 10:30 PM
I'm sure whatever happens with the goalie situation, Ruff will **** it up.

JD
11-28-2005, 11:06 PM
I'm sure whatever happens with the goalie situation, Ruff will **** it up.
amen

Dozerdog
11-28-2005, 11:12 PM
Latest big rumors on Sirius NHL radio involves the Panthers shopping Roberto Luongo

Rumor #1

Luongo and Boumeester for Jovanoski, Cloutier, and Bertuzzi

Florida would end up absorbing 7 million of cap dollars (they are wayyyy under)

Rumor #2

Luongo to Colorado for either Aebischer or Budaj, and Svatos and Liels.

SkateZilla
11-29-2005, 02:06 AM
Colorado isnt letting Svatos Go anywhere..

Earthquake Enyart
11-29-2005, 06:38 AM
Latest big rumors on Sirius NHL radio involves the Panthers shopping Roberto Luongo

Rumor #1

Luongo and Boumeester for Jovanoski, Cloutier, and Bertuzzi

Florida would end up absorbing 7 million of cap dollars (they are wayyyy under)

Rumor #2

Luongo to Colorado for either Aebischer or Budaj, and Svatos and Liels.
Rumor 3:

Luongo to Pittsburgh for Lemieux, Crosby, and two zambonis. :rolleyes:

Uncle Jesse
11-29-2005, 03:21 PM
Biron will be the goalie we ship out, there no doubt. He'll be sent to Tampa or Atlanta, those are the two front runners for him. What we'd get exactly for him, I'm not sure.