PDA

View Full Version : If You Could Change Just One Thing About The Buffalo Bills...

R. Rich
11-28-2005, 06:42 AM
This could prove interesting.

SabreEleven
11-28-2005, 06:43 AM
I'd make the kick not go wide right :ill:

don137
11-28-2005, 06:51 AM
Its starts at the top. TD has been ineffective in his tenure here. He has drafted poorly for the most part and has brought in a lot of ineffective FAs. With the likelihood of a good draft position, an extra 3rd rounder from the Titans and the potnetial to clean house by dumping a lot of high priced players (Moulds, Williams, Milloy) I would have more confidence with a new GM spending salary cap dollars than TD.

The King
11-28-2005, 06:52 AM
I do believe TD has made his mistakes with this team, but I also think this team has too much talent to be where we are. A no nonsense head coach would be able to get more out of this team than Mularkey has.

I understand that Donahoe made the hire and he could be blamed here as well. Under the current circumstances I think a new coach would be a quicker fix than a new GM.

Forward_Lateral
11-28-2005, 08:00 AM
O-line. That would solve A LOT of problems.

R. Rich
11-28-2005, 09:57 AM
O-line. That would solve A LOT of problems.

Not all of them.

L.A. Playa
11-28-2005, 10:00 AM
I would say a new GM that creates a solid vision for the team

jonah7777
11-28-2005, 10:08 AM
welll the problem definitly starts at the top so

the only way I see TD going is for ralph to step down and for new ownership of this team.

R. Rich
11-28-2005, 10:08 AM
I hope it's as simple as getting a player, but I fear it isn't. Donahoe has done well in his executive duties as team president, but as far as evaluating personnel, both free agents and rookies, he's done a fair job @ best. The scouting department has never recovered from the mass exodus to San Diego (how 'bout their recent drafts and free agency acquisitions, huh?) and unless Ralph Wilson and Donahoe change their strategy in those areas and also decide to bring in highly regarded (and high priced) free agents to help in key areas of need, it's tough for me to get excited about any changes.

L.A. Playa
11-28-2005, 10:11 AM
welll the problem definitly starts at the top so

the only way I see TD going is for ralph to step down and for new ownership of this team.

If that happens it will be in a new location

R. Rich
11-28-2005, 10:22 AM
You may be right, Patrick.

The ideal situation would be for Ralph Wilson to keep Donahoe, but demand that he right the ship or be gone. Since I don't see that happening as long as dumba**es like me pay over $700 for season tickets even though I live 6 hours away, here's another scenario:

1. Someone (I don't know who, but there's gotta be someone!!) buy the team, or coordinate an group of investors to buy the team. This person/group not only decides the Bills will remain in Buffalo, but they also take actions to correct what has been wrong on the field, especially the OL and DL.

2. They hire the best scouting department they can find, one that has plenty of experience and a good track record of finding/evaluating talent from all over (big schools, small schools, wherever).

3. In free agency, they aggressively target top notch OL talent and land @ least one. Since we're dealing in fantasy, I'll say we land Steve Hutchinson, the 2nd best guard in the NFL (after Alan Faneca).

4. The new scouting department also focuses on rebuilding and stocking BOTH the offensive and defensive lines. If they feel Haloti Ngata is truly a cut above the other DTs available (I do), then they take steps to ensure we snare him, even if that means trading up higher in the draft (if possible). After landing their run stuffing DT, they continue to look for help in the pass rush and @ OT.

Hey, I know it's not going to happen, but I can dream, can't I?

Bmax
11-28-2005, 10:30 AM
No brainer Left tackle.. left tackle left tackle.....................................Please draft Winston from miami or joe thomas wisconsion if he comes out.....

Bmax

Mr. Cynical
11-28-2005, 06:22 PM
As much as I loathe TD and respect Ralph, I have to admit in a perfect world I would replace Ralph at this point. He ran Polian out of town and the man is a genius (see Indy). He fired Wade because Wade wouldn't fire DeHaven. Not that I'm a huge Fade Fan but his record was far better than anything we've had since Levy. And he hired TD, a total wingnut, and has kept him around and extended his contract even though TD's record is 30-45.

So even though the GM is responsible for the team's failure or success, ultimately it is the owner since he is the one who hires the GM.

The_Philster
11-28-2005, 06:25 PM
As much as I loathe TD and respect Ralph, I have to admit in a perfect world I would replace Ralph at this point. He ran Polian out of town and the man is a genius (see Indy). He fired Wade because Wade wouldn't fire DeHaven. Not that I'm a huge Fade Fan but his record was far better than anything we've had since Levy. And he hired TD, a total wingnut, and has kept him around and extended his contract even though TD's record is 30-48.

So even though the GM is responsible for the team's failure or success, ultimately it is the owner since he is the one who hires the GM.2 things
It was Jeff Littman who had the issues with Polian...Ralph kept the guy who had been with him longer
It was Ronnie Jones that Wade refused to fire...not DeHaven

Mr. Cynical
11-28-2005, 06:28 PM
2 things
It was Jeff Littman who had the issues with Polian...Ralph kept the guy who had been with him longer
It was Ronnie Jones that Wade refused to fire...not DeHaven

Thanks for the corrections....although both are still examples of Ralph's poor decision-making.

The_Philster
11-28-2005, 06:30 PM
I'll agree with you on the first, to an extent...although none of us know exactly what went on with all that...Polian is still one of the top GMs in the league...TD's best days are behind him
On the second, it was insubordination...refusal to follow orders...grounds for a court martial in the military....and grounds for termination in any other private sector job

Novacane
11-28-2005, 06:33 PM
I'd like to see a new local owner. Ralph is to cheap when it comes to hiring GM's and coach's.

Mr. Cynical
11-28-2005, 06:45 PM
I'll agree with you on the first, to an extent...although none of us know exactly what went on with all that...Polian is still one of the top GMs in the league...TD's best days are behind him
On the second, it was insubordination...refusal to follow orders...grounds for a court martial in the military....and grounds for termination in any other private sector job

Actually I don't even know if TD had any best days to be honest. I think it was 99% Cowher all along. Look at the Steelers...they have been drafting/playing like a champ team even after TD was fired.

As for the insubordination, I agree that if you don't follow orders in whatever industry that that is grounds for being fired. However, Ralph shouldn't have told him to fire Ronnie in the first place. So technically I agree Ralph was justified to fire him, but it shouldn't have come to that IMO. He wasn't my favorite coach but he did take over a 6-10 team and turned it into 10-6 the following year. He never had a losing season and got us into the playoffs 2 out of his 3 years. The same cannot be said for any coach or team under TD. Which is why I blame Ralph for giving TD so much lattitude. I just don't get it.

ParanoidAndroid
11-28-2005, 06:47 PM
I'd like to see a new local owner. Ralph is to cheap when it comes to hiring GM's and coach's.

I was gonna say replace Gray with Dom Capers, and replace Clements with Martz, but I wanna change my vote...and not simply because I know this franchise couldn't afford both.

Yours is the best answer because it also means the team stays which would be a fantastic load off my mind every time I watch them play.

The_Philster
11-28-2005, 06:47 PM
Actually I don't even know if TD had any best days to be honest. I think it was 99% Cowher all along. Look at the Steelers...they have been drafting/playing like a champ team even after TD was fired.agreed
However, Ralph shouldn't have told him to fire Ronnie in the first place..please tell me you didn't mean to say that :shakeno:

sjoyce
11-28-2005, 08:34 PM
The O-Line to be capable of protecting Losman!

HHURRICANE
11-28-2005, 08:57 PM
I'd make the kick not go wide right :ill:

OMG I am going fishing right now!!! Your avatar should be banned. Can't concetra...., must stick to footba...:drool2:

MTBillsFan
11-28-2005, 09:06 PM
Tom Clements! Stop pulling our guards on short yardage situations! Any linebacker in the NFL can make that read on where to go to stuff the run. Also, would it kill you to run some more quick slants? Keep feeding the ball to Willis. He gets stronger as the game goes along if you haven't noticed. You're killing me smalls!

GO BILLS

DaBills
11-28-2005, 10:02 PM
Jimmy Johnson for head coach.

Meathead
11-29-2005, 12:08 AM
i would ban phil, lecter and voltron from all tailgates

SabreEleven
11-29-2005, 12:12 AM
OMG I am going fishing right now!!! Your avatar should be banned. Can't concetra...., must stick to footba...:drool2:

If you go in the No Tos, you will see the original, plus rumor has it that the bikini was air brushed. The girl is actually naked. :drool2: I'm working on getting that pic, but Dozer won't fes up.

Meathead
11-29-2005, 12:16 AM
:drool:

SABURZFAN
11-29-2005, 12:27 AM
i'd like to change that trade we made in the 2004 Draft. :mad:

justasportsfan
11-29-2005, 12:57 PM
WHo would've thought the bills would be in rebuilding mode for 6 years when TD was hired.

Mr. Cynical
11-29-2005, 10:21 PM
WHo would've thought the bills would be in rebuilding mode for 6 years when TD was hired.

Rooney.

feelthepain
11-30-2005, 02:39 AM
I'd move them to the AFC north.