PDA

View Full Version : Can someone please tell me .............

ryven
11-28-2005, 07:12 AM
Why did they put Wire in the game?

I like the kid but his coverage skills suck.

obi wan
11-28-2005, 07:21 AM
they put him in because Milloy went down with some sort of leg injury. It wasnt even Wires fault. Posey was sitting there with his thumb up his butt when it was his man who caught the td.

Forward_Lateral
11-28-2005, 07:59 AM
Actually, I thought Wire played well. He seemed to be stuffing running plays left and right. The coverage play was not his fault. Posey is to blame for that one.

Crazygoo
11-28-2005, 08:14 AM
from what i heard from the post game interview is that they were playing man coverage and that was wire's man.

Earthquake Enyart
11-28-2005, 08:25 AM
Typical Wire. He looks great 90% of the time, great run stuffer, then they burn him for the one big play.

It did look like it Posey was at least supposed to move on that play, but Wire was just standing there too with his thumb up his butt.

Dr. Lecter
11-28-2005, 08:32 AM
Actually, I thought Wire played well. He seemed to be stuffing running plays left and right. The coverage play was not his fault. Posey is to blame for that one.

It was Wire's man. He was a yard or two behind him in coverage.

Bmax
11-28-2005, 09:23 AM
The play was broken down by former bill and hall of famer Joe D. during channel 2's sports extra coverage. Joe D Stated that posey had the outside coverage and wire job was to keep him from going inside. Which of course he did n't. Wire had outside help so he didn't make a play... it is wire fault.

Just another guy who should be a special teams only guy.....I just hope we address the safety position in the draft..

I like Nate salley from ohio st- 6-3 215.. plays free but could move to ss
or anthony smith from syrcuse 6-0- 200.. one of the few group players on that team big hitter makes plays in coverage and a great speical teamer...
both should be available in rounds 3 or 4

Wire is a good community guy but it is time to move on with better players.....

Bmax

Demon
11-28-2005, 10:44 AM
The play right before the Touchdown, Wire made a very nice TD saving play. So you gotta look at it both ways, he stepped up huge on one play then was human the next.

And i agree, wtf was Posey doing. Which brings up the fact, wtf is Posey doing here?

Posey = 2005 version of Eddie Robinson.

ParanoidAndroid
11-28-2005, 11:18 AM
Posey should have chucked the TE at the line but bit on the play fake. Wire had an opportunity to step up in coverage, but he didn't make the play. If Posey slows him down, the play busts.
The facemask penalty is what killed them. The D played well all day and choked when it really mattered.

Akhippo
11-28-2005, 11:26 AM
that play was all Posey. Without a chuck at the line there is no SS that would have covered that. At least not with that alignment.

Bmax
11-28-2005, 11:55 AM
Guys i 'll take Joe D word over yours..after all he is a hall of famer....Plus during a post game interview flectcher mentioned that it was one one coverage....

The safety has to take the inside away it looks like their was confusion on the play... Wire being experienced and poor in coverage TAKES THE BLAME ON THIS ONE...

We need to bring a ss for to eventually replace milloy ....Wire is not the heir apparent.....

Bmax