PDA

View Full Version : ESPN

Gunzlingr
11-28-2005, 09:00 AM
Espn officially is banned in my house. It turned on the tv this morning to see football highlights, and instead, I get Stuart Scott Rapping about the Bengals. :puke: I thought his lame analogies and catch phrases were annoying, but this was far, far worse.

RedEyE
11-28-2005, 09:06 AM
Tell me about it! I turned it on this morning and they had a 15 minute interview with Tedy Bruschi airing at the end of the Sportscenter hour. WTF?! Isn't his old news?

I turned on TBS and started watching Dawson's Creek. It's less painful.

Novacane
11-28-2005, 09:08 AM
ESPN news kept running this sappy Teddy Brushci interview every hour yesterday. 4 weeks later and they still can't stop. I'm so sick of thier lovefest with him. ESPN sucks!

Demon
11-28-2005, 09:19 AM
Down with ESPN.

I hope comcast is real about making a rival for espn...

AndreReed83
11-28-2005, 02:40 PM
What's bad about the Bruschi thing is that was only the FIRST part of the interview. Get ready for another 15 minute pukefest soon.

Jeff1220
11-28-2005, 02:52 PM
I saw the Stuart Scott wanna-be-cool routine with the mike stand this morning too. My reaction: "click"

Bill Brasky
11-28-2005, 03:24 PM
i've wanted to start my own cable sports network for a while now... for the common sports fan. none of this suit-wearing, hands perfectly placed in a triangle, jargon-ridden mumbo-jumbo spit at you by two bit lackey's who sucked their way to the top, or ex-athletes with coke problems...

only issue is i need tons of cash and equipment... anybody wanna help we can take the world by storm!

i haven't watched ESPN in quite some time. they don't give you sports news, they give you a schtick.

AndreReed83
11-28-2005, 04:45 PM
The main thing I can't stand about ESPN football analysis is they are lazy. Who are the guys the pick to have a big week? Oh, the guys that had a big game the week before. Why did everyone on ESPN's morning football show pick the Bucs to beat the Bears? Because Chris Simms had a big game the week before, so he's "bound" to have a big game this week. Dallas Clark is a must play because he had 120 yards and a td against the Bengals D the week before. Hasslebeck and Brees were both "due" for big days. There just is no real analysis, they just take whoever had a big game last week.

Bill Brasky
11-28-2005, 04:47 PM
yeah... that and they're all stupid. but that's what you get when you have washed up nobody's as analysts and two bit hacks who knew some guy's uncle when they were in college that got them the job.

my least favorite thing about them is they all try to be funny. it makes it worse. that and the fact they cover the same 5 topics til they're blue in the face.

AndreReed83
11-28-2005, 04:49 PM
Not to mention I swear Michael Irvin has an interview with an ex-Cowboys player every week that takes up 10-15 minutes. Bleh.

DynaPaul
11-28-2005, 04:56 PM
i've wanted to start my own cable sports network for a while now... for the common sports fan. none of this suit-wearing, hands perfectly placed in a triangle, jargon-ridden mumbo-jumbo spit at you by two bit lackey's who sucked their way to the top, or ex-athletes with coke problems...

only issue is i need tons of cash and equipment... anybody wanna help we can take the world by storm!

i haven't watched ESPN in quite some time. they don't give you sports news, they give you a schtick.

We could all pool together to put up a sports fan site posing as a network. I always thought it'd be cool to do my own broadcast of a Bills game. Of course, this commentary would not be recommended for kids.

The_Philster
11-28-2005, 06:54 PM
I rarely tune to ESPN these days..thank God for NFL Network