PDA

View Full Version : Before we talk about who we need to pick up, let's talk about who needs to GO:

OpIv37
11-28-2005, 09:14 AM
Guys that MUST go:
HMFIC's: Tom Donahoe, Mike Mularkey
The Washed Up: Sam Adams, Eric Moulds
The Busts: Josh Reed, Mike Williams
The Scrubs: Bennie Anderson,

These guys are hurting the team more than helping. Realistically, I know MM and TD will still be here. The rest of these guys are useless.

Guys we should consider dropping:
The Silent: Jeff Posey
The Confused: Chris Villarial, Trey Teague
The Mouthpiece: Willis McGahee*

Cutting these guys depends on finding adequate replacements, which may not be possible. Hopefully Preston can replace Teague.

*= McGahee can stay if he shuts the **** up and doesn't demand a contract extension. If he and his dirtbag agent try to extort a bigger contract from the team, cut him loose. He doesn't have the numbers or the consistency to justify it.

Guys who need to be replaced or relegated to back ups:
Tim Anderson, Justin Bannan, Ryan Denney. Basically the whole D line except Kelsay- I think he's good when he has some help.

Select only one:
A) Tim Euhus, Mark Campbell, Ryan Neufeld. How many slow, white TE's with no YAC ability does one team need?
B) Troy Vincent or Lawyer Milloy. We don't need two washed-up overpriced CBs-turned-safeties who can't cover or blitz anymore.

Forward_Lateral
11-28-2005, 09:20 AM
Let's be realistic here. They aren't going to cut half of the starting lineup. I can see them getting rid of Adams, Posey (because of Crowell, but they have to re-sign Crowell first) and possibly Moulds.
I doubt they will re-sign Teague, unless it's for the minimum, or near it. He's not worth anything more.
I doubt they will let Mike go, too much money and time invested is what their excuse will be.
Reed is an interesting topic. While most fans want him gone, myself included, Mularkey and TD both seem to like him. Why? Who knows, but I wouldn't be shocked if he stayed.
As for TD and Mularkey, I'll be shocked if either are fired, to be honest. I'm starting to hope they are, but I don't think it will happen.
Mark Campbell's days as a Bill are numbered. He's basically useless. Neufeld and Euhus can do what he does, and Everett should be back next season. If I had to choose between Neufeld and Euhus, I'd flip a coin.

Forward_Lateral
11-28-2005, 09:21 AM
OpI---You don't think Schobel should be a starter?

Ebenezer
11-28-2005, 09:23 AM
Moulds is still the best receiver on this team.

Novacane
11-28-2005, 09:28 AM
Just get rid of TD. Get a real GM and let him decide who can play

BillsFever21
11-28-2005, 09:31 AM
If McGahee is a problem in the offseason trade him to move up and grab Reggie Bush. Bush is gonna be a real playmaker.

OpIv37
11-28-2005, 09:35 AM
OpI---You don't think Schobel should be a starter?

Damn, I knew I forgot one of the DL. Schobel's fine- he can stay. Kelsay and Denny- keep one or the other as a back-up. Neither should start.

I know I mentioned a lot of starters, but face it- these guys are not performing and probably wouldn't be starting on most NFL teams.

We need at least two new starters on the DL, preferably 3. And at least 2 new starters on O-line. That's the bare minimum that needs to be done for this team to become competitive again.

OpIv37
11-28-2005, 09:36 AM
Moulds is still the best receiver on this team.

yeah but he's still not that good and he's got a bad attitude to go with his underperformance. We save $5 million or so in cap space by cutting him.

Mr. Miyagi
11-28-2005, 09:43 AM
Op why bother with being disappointed with the team and wasting time thinking about who needs to be cut (apparently the whole team)? It'd be much easier to just start rooting for the Colts. They don't suck.

OpIv37
11-28-2005, 09:49 AM
Op why bother with being disappointed with the team and wasting time thinking about who needs to be cut (apparently the whole team)? It'd be much easier to just start rooting for the Colts. They don't suck.

wtf are you talking about?

tell me one other NFL team where Bennie Anderson, Tim Anderson and Justin Bannan would be starters. Tell me one other NFL team that has starting safeties as old as ours. Tell me what Jeff Posey contributes to this team. Tell me what Eric Moulds and Mike Williams have done to deserve $9m each next season. Tell me the last time a TE actually contributed to the offense.

dannyek71
11-28-2005, 09:49 AM
no way we even get close to getting Bush. So sick of hearing about us getting him or Leinhart.

Get a new OL, get younger safeties, new DTs. After that we should be good to go

OpIv37
11-28-2005, 09:50 AM
the point is that this team is COMPLETELY on the wrong track and needs to change directions completely.

bigbub2352
11-28-2005, 09:57 AM
I hate to say it but you are not far from the truth when u say we need to get id of or not sign half the starters, as i posted earlier and will post again, Alot of other teams have done it and we need to too. Troy Vincent, Lawyer Milloy, Jeff Posey, London Fletcher, Lavule Sape, Jason Jefferson, Sam Adams, Chris Villereal, Mike Williams, Tre Teague, Bennie Anderson, Tim Euhus, Mark Campbell, Ryan Nuefeld, Eric Moulds, Sam Aiken, Josh Reed, and Damon Shelton, All or eating away at our salary cap, most are on the wrong end of 30 and obviously because of the last 5 years are not doing $#@# so, it is time to go into another blah blah blah rebuilding year, all the other teams have to do it we missed our shot that management went for with drew cut your loses and start over, draft picks and free agency is how to fix this team not re-signing bums

Ebenezer
11-28-2005, 10:02 AM
yeah but he's still not that good and he's got a bad attitude to go with his underperformance. We save $5 million or so in cap space by cutting him.
I'd have a bad attitude too if I had given 11 years to a team and seen the changes made and the results as they are.

Ebenezer
11-28-2005, 10:03 AM
I think Lavule Sape and Jason Jefferson got way way too much playing time yesterday...one play is too much for them.

R. Rich
11-28-2005, 10:04 AM
Select only one:
B) Troy Vincent or Lawyer Milloy. We don't need two washed-up overpriced CBs-turned-safeties who can't cover or blitz anymore.

Milloy was a CB? If so, it must have been in high school or little league.

camelcowboy
11-28-2005, 10:08 AM
I think Lavule Sape and Jason Jefferson got way way too much playing time yesterday...one play is too much for them.

Jason Jefferson is a interesting prospect, i thought he did ok, for being a practice squad rookie. With Sam as good as gone next year, i bet you that one of these will be a starter at DT. Well draft or Freeagent sign another DT.

Ebenezer
11-28-2005, 10:10 AM
Jason Jefferson is a interesting prospect, i thought he did ok, for being a practice squad rookie. With Sam as good as gone next year, i bet you that one of these will be a starter at DT. Well draft or Freeagent sign another DT.
if either Jefferson or Sape is the starter at DT next year this team will be in big big trouble.

Mr. Miyagi
11-28-2005, 10:18 AM
the point is that this team is COMPLETELY on the wrong track and needs to change directions completely.
No I agree but I'm just a bit tired of all the we suck we need to start over everyone sucks let's fire them all posts.

I'm going to start watching basketball. :(

Bmax
11-28-2005, 10:27 AM
SAM ADAMS IS HISTORY....
Trey teague will not be back
also gone josh reed, coy wire, bennie anderson, sape, bannan and denney
moulds redo deal if not see ya .....

Bills will sign vet dt-(WILLIE WHITEHEAD-GRADY JACKSON-LARRY TRIPLETT)
let mike williams have lg for a season
sign mid level wr vet(ie bobby shaw type poss guy -i like joe juriveus)
draft safety ss..
bring in lg and lt prospects via the draft....

Just some thoughts
The only guy i might want back is denney as a back up for low money

Mr. Miyagi
11-28-2005, 10:28 AM
If we're gonna let MW play LG for a season, he better restructures his contract like crazy.

R. Rich
11-28-2005, 10:30 AM
SAM ADAMS IS HISTORY....
Trey teague will not be back
also gone josh reed, coy wire, bennie anderson, sape, bannan and denney
moulds redo deal if not see ya .....

Bills will sign vet dt-(WILLIE WHITEHEAD-GRADY JACKSON-LARRY TRIPLETT)
let mike williams have lg for a season
sign mid level wr vet(ie bobby shaw type poss guy -i like joe juriveus)
draft safety ss..
bring in lg and lt prospects via the draft....

Just some thoughts
The only guy i might want back is denney as a back up for low money

I'm not sure how cap-friendly those changes are, but they don't sound too unreasonable. Like Miyagi said though, Big Mike will have to restructure his contract to stay @ LG. He's not even playing like a top tier OT, so he certainly shouldn't be paid like one.

OpIv37
11-28-2005, 10:42 AM
I'd have a bad attitude too if I had given 11 years to a team and seen the changes made and the results as they are.

You have a point, but the way he's acting about it is only making the situation worse.

Milloy was a CB? If so, it must have been in high school or little league.

Whatever- he's still old, washed up, and can't bring it on the blitz.

No I agree but I'm just a bit tired of all the we suck we need to start over everyone sucks let's fire them all posts.
I'm going to start watching basketball. :(

Sorry. I'll go start a "NE lost-we're still only two games back!" thread.

Ebenezer
11-28-2005, 10:46 AM
I'm not sure how cap-friendly those changes are, but they don't sound too unreasonable. Like Miyagi said though, Big Mike will have to restructure his contract to stay @ LG. He's not even playing like a top tier OT, so he certainly shouldn't be paid like one.
For Williams to be on the team next year his contract will have to be ripped to shreds.