PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody think contracts are coming into play??

Ebenezer
11-28-2005, 09:26 AM
I have to admit that with being away I have missed about 6 games this year...but I have to wonder if incentives in contracts or new possible contracts are coming into play with who plays, when they play and what the play call is.

Ya know McGahee wants new money...Evans looked to be on a pace to break the bank last year...they are not exactly the weapons they were...the more touches they get the more they will want more money. Any opinions?

OpIv37
11-28-2005, 09:44 AM
I would hope not, but Mularkey is TD's yes-man, and if he's coaching to keep McGahee and Evans' numbers down it would explain a lot of the garbage play-calling (especially in McGahee's case).

As far as Evans, though, he's mostly a speedy big play receiver, and our OL doesn't give the QB enough time to throw a long pass. Suggesting that TD messed up the OL to avoid giving Evans a big contract is a huge conspiracy theory.

Forward_Lateral
11-28-2005, 09:48 AM
McGahee got the ball nearly 30 times yesterday.

Forward_Lateral
11-28-2005, 09:49 AM
Sorry, he got the ball 21 times. His first 15 carries were for something like 29 yards.

Ebenezer
11-28-2005, 10:01 AM
McGahee got the ball nearly 30 times yesterday.
he is rarely in on 3rd down.

RedEyE
11-28-2005, 10:12 AM
he is rarely in on 3rd down.

I don't understand this at all. I understand resting a guy one time or another, but for McGahee to rarely see a 3rd down is Fn ******ed. He is the Bills play maker out there and if they can't get nothing going with him on the run, get him involved in pass plays. Or is his pass blocking that atrocious? This coaching staff has a lot of explaining to do and I'm tired of hearing the same boring cliches.

Ebenezer
11-28-2005, 10:15 AM
I don't understand this at all. I understand resting a guy one time or another, but for McGahee to rarely see a 3rd down is Fn ******ed. He is the Bills play maker out there and if they can't get nothing going with him on the run, get him involved in pass plays. Or is his pass blocking that atrocious? This coaching staff has a lot of explaining to do and I'm tired of hearing the same boring cliches.
there is way too much situational substitution...Sape and Jefferson at DT when the Panthers were at the 10?? what were they thinking?

RedEyE
11-28-2005, 10:22 AM
there is way too much situational substitution...Sape and Jefferson at DT when the Panthers were at the 10?? what were they thinking?

Red zone calls on both sides of the ball are skeptical. I know that last late drive by Carolina had some referee assistance, but had we placed the ball into the endozne at least once yesterday it wouldn't have mattered.