PDA

View Full Version : As I recall it, Even Jim Kelly took a few years to season

Mitchy moo
11-28-2005, 09:28 AM
After thinking about it I seem to recall Jim got better after a few seasons, was it his 3rd or 4th that he and the team got really good?

Marv Levy was a real big help for holding all of those attitudes in check and controlling the team, does anyone here think MM has the same qualities?

OpIv37
11-28-2005, 09:41 AM
MM has nothing in common with Levy whatsoever with the exception of emphasis on special teams.

If you want to see any improvement out of this team ALL 4 of those things will need to be done. The Bills have a looonnnggg way to go.

RedEyE
11-28-2005, 10:02 AM
Jim Kelly is a poor comparison. He went to the USFL first and was well seasoned coming into Buffalo.

His first year in the NFL he had a passer rating of 83% with 22 TDs and nearly 3600 yards in the air.

Ebenezer
11-28-2005, 10:04 AM
Jim Kelly is a poor comparison. He went to the USFL first and was well seasoned coming into Buffalo.

His first year in the NFL he had a passer rating of 83% with 22 TDs and nearly 3600 yards in the air.
and a team of nobodies, retreads and gunna-bes....this team was pathetic in 1986...by 88 they had a lot more talent.

Mitchy moo
11-28-2005, 11:34 AM
and a team of nobodies, retreads and gunna-bes....this team was pathetic in 1986...by 88 they had a lot more talent.

How do you think it all came about?

R. Rich
11-28-2005, 11:39 AM
How do you think it all came about?

Well, we did have this guy named Polian who came to the rescue in '85. We could sure use a guy like that now.

Mitchy moo
11-28-2005, 11:47 AM
Well, we did have this guy named Polian who came to the rescue in '85. We could sure use a guy like that now.

We'll can we get a polian clone back??

L.A. Playa
11-28-2005, 11:57 AM
I have no problem giving JP time to develop, the problem is that this team was lauded as being a playoff contender and they have not shown that promise at all this year. Victories at home against the Texans, Dolphins and Jets are really not that impressive. I will say the KC vistory is impressive, but when a team goes 9-7 then falls back to 6-10 at BEST this year, there are alot of unaddressed problems, Mularkey lost this team and cost any chance at the playoffs when he benched JP.

Who is to say that JP doesnt still win the Miami and NY games as Holcomb did and started progressing enough to pull out the NE game and yesterdays game.

I know its a BIG if, but from the progress I have seen a probable if, we are now talking about a 6-5 record and a 1 game lead on NE in the divison race.

Mularkey's stupid decision cost the season this year

Jeff1220
11-28-2005, 12:49 PM

This gives me an idea. When the Bills can TD :pray: they can hire a B.Polian protege. One of these guys maybe:

Chris Polian, Vice President of Football Operations (Not only protege, but also progeny)

Dom Anile, Assistant General Manager/Scouting (Next in charge)

Clyde Powers, Director of Pro Player Personnel (Has certainly helped in loading the talented Colts)

CAbills
11-28-2005, 01:13 PM
Losman has played in what 6 NFL games? The thing that I like is he IS showing improvement weekly and this week against a good defense. This is a very disappoiting season but seeing Losman improve is helping me a little.