PDA

View Full Version : Detroit cans Mariucci

FlyingDutchman
11-28-2005, 11:30 AM
Just heard it on ESPN....If you ever feel like being a Bills fan has been rough for the last couple of years, just be thankful youre not a Lions fan...

OpIv37
11-28-2005, 11:41 AM
oh great- let the "Bills should hire Mariucci!" threads begin...

R. Rich
Things could be worse:

1. Matt Millen could be running the Bills.

2. Millen could've passed on Harrington, which would've allowed the Bills to draft him (as it is rumored that they would've done).

Man, that team is a train wreck! I wonder if they will fire him and replace him w/ Dan Dierdorf? One commentator is as good as another, right?

R. Rich
oh great- let the "Bills should hire Mariucci!" threads begin...

I've already seen such posts on Two Bills Drive.

Mitchy moo
11-28-2005, 11:43 AM
At least mooch has seen a championship come to his team, what has TD/MM done but delay us getting better?

R. Rich
11-28-2005, 11:44 AM
At least mooch has seen a championship come to his team, what has TD/MM done but delay us getting better?

As an ASSistant, maybe (was he still w/ Green Bay when they won the SB?), but not as a head coach.

LtBillsFan66
11-28-2005, 11:46 AM
Easy when you are handed a dynasty.

L.A. Playa
11-28-2005, 11:51 AM
I think the era of the, Im nice guy and one of the guys coaches has come and gone, this year it appears those coaches that rule with discipline and balls are suceeding with the type of players that are in the NFL today.

Most NFL players these days lack maturity and any type of real discipline in their lives. Coaches like Parcell, Belichek, Lewis, Coughlin are being succesful because they dont take **** from the players and dont try to be one of the guys.

The Bills need a coach that will rule this team with an iron fist and tell the players its either my way or the highway, and any player that doesnt buy into the system is shown the door immediately.

I thinj unfortunately the Dolphins though less talented than the Bills are ahead of the Bills because Saban is a no nonsense coach and here in Buffalo we have a wishy washy head coach, at this point the Bills would have been better off sticking with Greg Williams than they are with hiring Mularkey

RedEyE
11-28-2005, 12:36 PM
I like Mooch and think he got a bum rap. Millen is the problem in Detroit. 3 years of top draft picks and drafting 3 top tier WRs? You can only play 2 at a time unless your offense is based on the Run and Shoot.

Harrington can't throw, they have no offensive line, and the coach is to blame? Come on. They too have a damn good back in Kevin Jones that can't break that next plane because the OL is so ****ty.

hammerbillsfan
11-28-2005, 01:29 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2239336

don137
11-28-2005, 02:26 PM
Detroit and Buffalo have bad GMs. Millen and TD are two of the worst GMs in the league.

Forward_Lateral
11-28-2005, 02:41 PM
Please God don't let Mariucci anywhere near Buffalo.

AndreReed83
11-28-2005, 02:49 PM
I thought Mooch was getting a bad rap until the Thanksgiving game. His body language was terrible, pulling Harrington was dumb (he was throwing the ball very well, it was the wideouts Mooch needed to punish), and every bad play had his face screaming, "My job!" They need a guy who will shape that offense with a little discipline and poise, imo.

feelthepain
11-28-2005, 03:46 PM
Mooch to the Bills in 06 Billwagon.....ALL ABORD!!!!

madness
11-28-2005, 03:58 PM
Things could be worse:

1. Matt Millen could be running the Bills.

2. Millen could've passed on Harrington, which would've allowed the Bills to draft him (as it is rumored that they would've done).

Man, that team is a train wreck! I wonder if they will fire him and replace him w/ Dan Dierdorf? One commentator is as good as another, right?

Maybe he can come home and try to buy the other half of town Larry Holmes doesn't own. Easton sure puts out some winners. :doh:

Mr.Reality
11-28-2005, 04:26 PM
They too have a damn good back in Kevin Jones that can't break that next plane because the OL is so ****ty.
Or because he gets 12 carries a game.

In a dream world, Millen will quit now that he has no further use.

DynaPaul
11-28-2005, 04:33 PM
It's funny that Mularkey likened our team to the Panthers. We are NOT like the Panthers, they make plays and have great lines on both sides of the ball. The fact is, we are very much like the Lions. We both have dumbass GM's that can talk a good game, are in way over their heads, draft skill positions that aren't needed, and point the finger at everyone else to hide their own culpability. Mariucci isn't the next Lombardi but the guy is a good coach. What has the guy had to work with? Detroit drafted WR's as top picks in the last 3 drafts. That sounds so Tom Donahoe if you ask me.

Forward_Lateral
11-28-2005, 04:35 PM
It's funny that Mularkey likened our team to the Panthers. We are NOT like the Panthers, they make plays and have great lines on both sides of the ball. The fact is, we are very much like the Lions. We both have dumbass GM's that can talk a good game, are in way over their heads, draft skill positions that aren't needed, and point the finger at everyone else to hide their own culpability. Mariucci isn't the next Lombardi but the guy is a good coach. What has the guy had to work with? Detroit drafted WR's as top picks in the last 3 drafts. That sounds so Tom Donahoe if you ask me.

The Lions and Bills organizations are so alike, it's eery. I'm beginning to think Millen and Donahoe are brothers.