PDA

View Full Version : Lions go 4-7 & fire SM, we go 4-7 and give 3 years

Mitchy moo
11-28-2005, 11:41 AM
Does this make any sense at all?? WTF was Ralph and them thinking when they did this? Was this a step forward or backward?

MM is a TD marionette, we need someone in there with their own mind. I really don't think that TD will allow that, that is why he needs to fry as well.

Wake up Ralph, please.:wtf:

Mariucci has more than two years remaining on the $25 million contract he signed in 2003, they are going to eat alot of money there which we need to do here.

finsrclowns
11-28-2005, 11:56 AM
Put Vince Lombardi in his prime coaching this team and we're....still not a playoff team. Is Mularkey a bad coach? I don't know. Is this team short of talent in the trenches where the games are won and lost? Yes. Is Losman a playoff caliber QB yet? No.

Mitchy moo
11-28-2005, 12:02 PM
Put Vince Lombardi in his prime coaching this team and we're....still not a playoff team. Is Mularkey a bad coach? I don't know. Is this team short of talent in the trenches where the games are won and lost? Yes. Is Losman a playoff caliber QB yet? No.

That's a difficult thing to say really.

OpIv37
11-28-2005, 12:02 PM
Mularkey is a bad coach because he makes bad playcalling decisions, doesn't learn from his mistakes, and takes too much crap from players like Moulds and Adams. He also gets outcoached almost every game and does not make in-game adjustments to the other team at all.

Stewie
11-28-2005, 12:04 PM
Well, the Wilson Family doens't have the luxury of cutting worker benefits so they can pay the head coach to sit at home. Also, are you really advocating taking decision-making cues from the Detroit Lions?

It's moot anyway... someone has to unlock Donahoe's Jedi Mind Freeze from Wilson's cranium. Then we can talk.

RedEyE
11-28-2005, 12:31 PM
I like Mooch and think he got a bum rap. Millen is the problem in Detroit. 3 years of top draft picks and drafting 3 top tier WRs? You can only play 2 at a time unless your offense is based on the Run and Shoot.

Harrington can't throw, they have no offensive line, and the coach is to blame? Come on. They too have a damn good back in Kevin Jones that can't break that next plane because the OL is so ****ty.

finsrclowns
11-28-2005, 01:43 PM
I like Mooch and think he got a bum rap. Millen is the problem in Detroit. 3 years of top draft picks and drafting 3 top tier WRs? You can only play 2 at a time unless your offense is based on the Run and Shoot.

Harrington can't throw, they have no offensive line, and the coach is to blame? Come on. They too have a damn good back in Kevin Jones that can't break that next plane because the OL is so ****ty.

They took Mike Williams because they knew Rogers was having drug issues and had problems staying healthy. I think they'll try to recoup some of the bonus money on Rogers and then either cut or trade him. It was still probably a bad choice but that's why they did it.

Mooch was a better coach when he had a better team. He has kind of a laid back style which was ok for SF but didn't seem to work in Detroit. He was said to not work the players too hard and they had a bunch of penalties. I like Mooch ok also but it was probably time for him to move on. But I agree the bigger problem was Millen.

Bill Brasky
11-28-2005, 01:56 PM
At least the Lions are smart enough to start their spring cleaning months in advance.

What do you do with a bad investmen? cut your losses.

Get MM out of here. This guy has had 2 seasons. Usually I'd say that's too short of a time, but he hasn't improved ANYTHING, in fact, he's regressed. This team is spinning out of control, and quite frankly I'm getting sick and tired of having to defend this laughing stock called a football team everywhere I go.

He has proven he cannot call the right plays game after game.

He has proven he cannot learn to adapt and coach to players strengths (Bledsoe, etc).

He has proven he does not learn from his mistakes, that seem to keep piling up week after week. He doesn't make adjustments during or after games.

He has proven he cannot control any of the players on this team - in fact, he's worse than Mike Tice at this, at least Tice has turned his team around and put them in check. Mularkey hasn't once done that. Any coach with balls would have kept JP in to take his bumps... what does MM do? Cave in and puts in Holcomb.

Judging from that list, it looks like those are things that any common football fan or low-level coach could easily accomplish.

The only thing that would make this season better is to clean house, starting with that assclown TD, and have every Bills fan line the streets when the parade of losers heads out of town forever.

I've already got my paper bag waiting in the wings for the Denver game. That's if I decide to put in the effort and go to the game. This organization doesn't want to put in any effort towards improving itself in the 6+ years it has sucked, why should the fans? It's like a marriage gone bad, and the only solution is to hit up the bars and hook up with some other slut.

Mr. Cynical
11-28-2005, 06:18 PM
Such a typical dumb ass move by Detroit. Instead of firing the root of the problem....meathead Millen...they fire Mooch. I can *guarantee* that team will never be a competitor with Millen at the helm.

Same goes for the Bills and TD.

Mr.Reality
11-28-2005, 06:32 PM
The Lions were about 15 and 200 and gave Matt Millen a five year contract extension.

Mooch was part of the problem. Millen is a big part. William Clay Ford is probably a bigger part. The team has been confused since he bought it in the late 50's/early 60's. A good year here and there. Mostly confused. He hires bad people to run the team, then won't fire them and they hang around forever.

You guys have four Super Bowl appearances. I don't want to hear it. :lol: