PDA

View Full Version : Name all the Head Coaches in the NFL

Earthquake Enyart
11-28-2005, 11:53 AM
that are worse than Mullarkey.

I can think of 2.... Herman Edwards and Mike Tice.

Any others?

Mudflap1
11-28-2005, 11:55 AM
I would take Herman Edwards in a second over Mularkey.

Jon

Mudflap1
11-28-2005, 11:56 AM
Dom Capers maybe.

Jon

OpIv37
11-28-2005, 11:56 AM
Maybe Martz. Other than that, I think you covered it.

Earthquake Enyart
11-28-2005, 11:58 AM
Maybe Norv Turner.

Agree with Capers.

I would rather have Mike Martz than MM. :ill:

Mudflap1
11-28-2005, 12:00 PM
Yeah, Norv. He's probably about in the same league, IMO.

Jon

L.A. Playa
11-28-2005, 12:03 PM
I would take Tice over Mularkey he has recovered to have that team 6-5

L.A. Playa
11-28-2005, 12:05 PM
at this point in their careers, Sherman in GB and Vermeil in KC are worse than Mularkey

TedMock
11-28-2005, 12:12 PM
I don't dislike Mularky nearly as much as I disliked the previous staff. The main reason is that no matter how poorly this team plays, they don't appear to quit. There was an obvious quitter mentality amongst the players under coach Moobs. The players seem to buy into Mularky much more. That's half the battle. I honestly can't answer whether or not he's a good head coach. How do you measure that? Wins? Wins are the bottom line, but there's more to it. Has he underachieved as a head coach? I don't believe so. We're 4-7 right now. Where should we be with the given talent? Certainly not 7-4. Maybe 5-6. I think the offensive skill positions are in place, but this offensive line may be the worst in the league. McNally is a great o-line coach as he's proved throughout his career. Even he can't save these guys. The defense lost it's best lineman in Pat Williams, and hasn't replaced him with anybody even close to his level. I put more blame on the GM than on the head coach. If we go into the draft this April and plug in quality, not cheap, players, and we go 6-10 next year, then I'll put more blame on the coach. Right now, I just don't think I have enough to go on.

Mudflap1
11-28-2005, 12:14 PM
no matter how poorly this team plays, they don't appear to quit.

Did you miss the San Diego game? 48-10 to remind you...

Jon

Mudflap1
11-28-2005, 12:15 PM
at this point in their careers, Sherman in GB and Vermeil in KC are worse than Mularkey

Sherman -- playoff coach.

Vermeil -- Super Bowl champion coach.

Sorry, they are both WAY better than Mularkey. Sherman doesn't have anything to work with this year except #4. Vermeil is doing okay, Kansas City is in a very competitive division.

Jon

L.A. Playa
11-28-2005, 12:20 PM
I said at this point in their careers, cant live on past accomplishments

Mudflap1
11-28-2005, 12:26 PM
Green Bay made the playoffs last year, then this year let a lot of their key veterans go in free agency. That's not Sherman's fault. Heck, he's had them competitive in most games this year, I think he's done a decent job with what he has.

Vermeil is 7-4 in a tough division, not bad at all. I'd kill for the Bills to be 7-4 right now.

Both are better than Mularkey, not even close.

Jon

RedEyE
11-28-2005, 12:34 PM
Mularkey is bottom of the barrel, no doubt about in my book. TD is an idiot.

TedMock
11-28-2005, 12:44 PM
Did you miss the San Diego game? 48-10 to remind you...

Jon

No. Of course not. That was easily the low point of the year. I'm talking overall in the 2 season's Mularky has been here. The team isn't full of guys who have turned on the coach. That's what happened under Williams. There's one guy (Sam Adams) who's quit, but he's always pulled this stuff. It's nothing new for him.

I'm not thrilled that we went after another rookie head coach, but it is what it is. Williams and Mularky will both probably end up good head coaches elsewhere. The whole Belichek in Cleveland experiment. We will really see if Mularky has instilled character into this team now. If they go out and fight, then I'm okay with him. If they roll over, then let him go. I still say Donahoe is the biggest factor for our current state. No o-line = no winning.

Mudflap1
11-28-2005, 12:50 PM
I agree that Donahoe is the true culprit...

Jon

realdealryan
11-28-2005, 12:56 PM
Steve Mariucci was a coach who went to the playoffs 4 out of 6 years in San Fransisco. Now he's fired by the Lions. Is it Millen or Mariucci? Donahoe or Mularkey? You could look at the Lions' struggles after the season they were supposed to have and blame it on the coach, I guess. Sounds familiar...

I say we clean house.

L.A. Playa
11-28-2005, 01:05 PM
I just look at the coaches we passed over, Jim Mora, Jr., John Fox, Marvin Lewis, Lovie Smith, Tom Coughlin, Jack Del Rio, Romeo Crennel and Charlie Weiss for Mike Mularkey and Gregg Williams has been the biggest failure of this current team

Scumbag College
11-28-2005, 02:08 PM
Mularkey is bottom of the barrel, no doubt about in my book. TD is an idiot.

TD made the right choice in my book. Mularkey both played AND coached in Pittsburgh, making him more than qualified in TD's eyes.

:crap:

Earthquake Enyart
11-28-2005, 02:22 PM
I just look at the coaches we passed over, Jim Mora, Jr., John Fox, Marvin Lewis, Lovie Smith, Tom Coughlin, Jack Del Rio, Romeo Crennel and Charlie Weiss for Mike Mularkey and Gregg Williams has been the biggest failure of this current team
This is what kills me. He interviewed all these guys and picked the 2 worst.

Ted, you like that fake QB sneak, pitch out on 4th and 1?

Jeff1220
11-28-2005, 02:25 PM
I think Billick might be worse, currently. His SB trophy is mostly attributed to a Marvin Lewis defense.

MarvLevy
11-28-2005, 03:48 PM
NORV TURNER...EVEN THO HE BEAT OUR ASSES.
MIKE TICE SUCKS!

IF I HAD A CHOICE OF WHO'D BE THE NEXT BILLS COACH IT'D BE....

1. JEFF FISHER

Mudflap1
11-28-2005, 04:49 PM
That's true... Norv schooled Mularkey head to head, it's hard to say that Mularkey is a better coach...

Jon

realdealryan
11-28-2005, 05:38 PM
"We're not capitalizing on our possibilities. If I felt like we didn't have chances down there to get it in the end zone I'd really be scrambling, but the chances are there. For some reason we haven't taken advantage of them. I say 'we' because I'm talking about all of us, me included. I can't explain it. I recognize our woes, but when we have had chances we have not taken advantage of it."

I like this guy.:rage:

Michael82
11-28-2005, 07:59 PM
Oh God, don't remind me. :ill:

:wail: :cry: