PDA

View Full Version : "They are dumb. That's all I can say. They are dumb as can be up there"

Stewie
11-28-2005, 11:59 AM
I thought it was apropros.

http://www.startribune.com/stories/508/5749653.html

Pat Williams was asked if he had an explanation for Buffalo's decision to allow him to hit the free-agent market after last season.

"They are dumb," he said. "That's all I can say. They are dumb as can be up there."

Williams' comment was passed along to Matt Birk, the injured Vikings center, as he walked through the Metrodome's home locker room after Sunday's 24-12 victory over Cleveland.

"He's right," Birk said. "Letting Pat Williams go ... that's a dumb decision.

"When I was asked last spring which of the defensive players brought in would have the most impact, I said, 'Pat Williams.' I said that without hesitation.

"Basically, you can't run the ball when he's in there. It takes two guys to block him and, often, that's not enough. Pat Williams is a man."

R. Rich
11-28-2005, 12:09 PM
Well?

Mudflap1
11-28-2005, 12:12 PM
Is this news to anybody?

Jon

RedEyE
11-28-2005, 12:40 PM
You guys need to stop getting me pissed off.

Jeff1220
11-28-2005, 01:02 PM
Not really new news, just the same old misery.

AndreReed83
11-28-2005, 02:37 PM
I agree with Fat Pat, but why the hell is Birk commenting on this at all? He needs to shut up, unless he's going to *****slap his crappy franchise for all the ****** moves they've made since he's been there.

Forward_Lateral
11-28-2005, 02:39 PM
Think of the Hogs this team has let go over the years. Ted Washington, Pat Williams, next will be Sam Adams. I'd give my left nut to have Ted and Pat side by side.

Meathead
11-28-2005, 02:56 PM
to be fair edwards didn't really have the chance to show whether he was ready to take over for pat like the coaches expected

yes, i realize edwards wasn't playing up to william's standards before he got injured, but williams himself didn't blossom until he had started for awhile

it's entirely possible that edwards would have improved to the point that he offset the loss of williams enough to justify his lower salary (the difference of which could be used elsewhere to strengthen the team overall) as the coaches expected

of course the rush d also was seriously hurt by the loss of spikes. regardless of how well crowell has played, he can't replace a pro-bowler like tko.

i realize the coaches appear to deserve a lot of criticism but there's at least some reason to give them the benefit of the doubt until we get to see edwards as a starter for an extended period of time

Ebenezer
11-28-2005, 03:01 PM
to be fair edwards didn't really have the chance to show whether he was ready to take over for pat like the coaches expected

yes, i realize edwards wasn't playing up to william's standards before he got injured, but williams himself didn't blossom until he had started for awhile

it's entirely possible that edwards would have improved to the point that he offset the loss of williams enough to justify his lower salary (the difference of which could be used elsewhere to strengthen the team overall) as the coaches expected

of course the rush d also was seriously hurt by the loss of spikes. regardless of how well crowell has played, he can't replace a pro-bowler like tko.

i realize the coaches appear to deserve a lot of criticism but there's at least some reason to give them the benefit of the doubt until we get to see edwards as a starter for an extended period of time
the Ron Edwards experiment is officially over.

Gunzlingr
11-28-2005, 03:08 PM
This from the Vikings, the kings of dumb.

Bill Brasky
11-28-2005, 03:26 PM
yeah, only thing is that the Bills are turning into the next coming of the Vikings.. the way they're playing and acting.

DynaPaul
11-28-2005, 04:36 PM
Pat's statement is only news to dumbass Donahoe. Of course, Commander Tom's ego won't allow him to admit another big mistake.

X-Era
11-28-2005, 05:35 PM
"They are dumb," he said. "That's all I can say. They are dumb as can be up there."

Kettle, this is pot, your black.

Ohh wait I forgot that fat Pat is a PHD in jack-ass-ology

Gunzlingr
11-28-2005, 05:37 PM
yeah, only thing is that the Bills are turning into the next coming of the Vikings.. the way they're playing and acting.

I know :ill:

Devin
11-28-2005, 05:42 PM
Nothing we dont already know.

I think most of us know how ******ed our front office is.