PDA

View Full Version : Fletcher, Adams, and Pat Williams all are talkin smack

X-Era
11-28-2005, 01:02 PM
BillsDaily has the report.

Fletcher is pointing fingers at the offense and saying they are why they are losing.

Adams has his agent talkin sh_t about how poorly MM is treating Adams

Pat Williams says the Bills are as dumb as can be for letting him go.

Fletcher and Adams can both pack up there fuggin bags and hit the train headed out of Buff. I have no use for either. You want to start running your mouth? Fletcher had his best game of the season which isnt saying much when Car moved the ball on us all day. The guy is great in coverage but flat out sucks against the run and cant tackle to save his life most of the time. After a good game this past week he went from my can-his-a_s list to the onthin ice pile. Now, he is permanently gone as far as Im concerned.

Fletch, you ought to ask yourself why a team that supposedly has such a great D put the whole game on the arm on a QB with 6 starts. Whos fault is that when you are the supposed rock solid veteran worth all your cash.

Fug that clown, take a hike, the last thing this young O that is getting better in the passing game every week needs is an a-hole like that.

As far as Adams, he aint earning his pay as a veteran team leader by showing up fat as hell and then lounging around at practice, can his fat a_s too.

Losman has the right attitude and approach to the game.

I said several times that we lack heart and mental toughness, this type of baby a_s overpaid vet bullsh_t is EXACTLY what im talking about. Can every one of their underachieving as_es. Let them go and let a guy with the RIGHT mentality and approach start to lead, thats JP folks.

It wasnt Flecther or Adams fat a_s that was here all offseason watching game tape, but a last in the league against the run defense SHOULD HAVE BEEN!!!

Just the signing on the dotted line of the pink slip as far as Im concerned!

BuffaloBillsStampede
11-28-2005, 01:05 PM
amen

Captain Obvious
11-28-2005, 01:12 PM
Gee, London, I wonder if the Run D also has something to do with the bills losing?

TacklingDummy
11-28-2005, 01:16 PM
I think they want out of Buffalo after this season. They see this team and organization going nowhere for awhile.

I'd want out of Buffalo also if I played for them. They won't get a ring here and their careers are almost over.

Im sure Spikes wishes he stayed in Cincy now.

And I agree with them, the offense is the reason we have lost a majority of the 7 games. The D has lost a few too, like the SD game.

TacklingDummy
11-28-2005, 01:18 PM
Also Pat Williams is right, Tom Donahoe is a dumbass. Can't see any FA wanting to stay here or come here. He's treated FA like garbage even in Pitts.

TacklingDummy
11-28-2005, 01:20 PM
Plus Fletcher has a point. If it wasn;t for the D creating so many turnovers in the Houston and KC game, the Bills would of lost those games also.

Ebenezer
11-28-2005, 01:21 PM
Gee, London, I wonder if the Run D also has something to do with the bills losing?
9 points at home is not going to win you too many NFL games...that game was there for the taking and the offense was terrible...frustration has reared its ugly head...

let's see...9-7 and a couple of plays away from the playoffs to this...i'd be pissed too.

X-Era
11-28-2005, 01:35 PM
9 points at home is not going to win you too many NFL games...that game was there for the taking and the offense was terrible...frustration has reared its ugly head...

let's see...9-7 and a couple of plays away from the playoffs to this...i'd be pissed too.

Im very pissed for sure.

But id go with the terrible run D even WITH Spikes early on that has lasted all year as the a #1 reason, last time I checked ALOT of that falls on Fletcher.

9 points isnt enough to win, but 3 to 0 against the World champs in the first half doesnt do it either. So the problem doesnt seem to have much to do with the QB and alot more to do with both lines, and one coverage only LB named Fletcher.

I personally, think there is plenty of blame to go all the way around. For a guy who is part fo a terrible D to try to lay any blame at all is about as hypocritical as I can take. Furthermore, it only HURTS or team unity and does NOTHING to help. Especially from a guy hwo is overpaid at his age and current skill level.

He can either shut up and start leading on the field where we need it the most, or he can take a hike. The wort thing for this young O is second guessing from your own team mates, its unacceptable, period!

Bill Brasky
11-28-2005, 01:48 PM
this is what happens when you pass up on veteran coaches so you can get some guy who you're buddies with that doesn't know how to control a team. if TD isn't gone after this season, it speaks volumes about Ralph and this franchise.

RedEyE
11-28-2005, 01:52 PM
In Ralph's defense, I'm not sure how sound his sanity is these days. I say his thinking melon is rotten to the core.

Bill Brasky
11-28-2005, 02:02 PM
watch all the 'relocation' homers come out of the woodwork.

Ebenezer
11-28-2005, 02:05 PM
this is what happens when you pass up on veteran coaches so you can get some guy who you're buddies with that doesn't know how to control a team. if TD isn't gone after this season, it speaks volumes about Ralph and this franchise.
I don't even think it was that...

first you have to assume Spikes stays healthy...a stretch...but what happens if you keep Bledsoe and sign a suitable replacement for Jennings. Basically, then, you have the same team minus Pat Williams, that you had last year. What would that team's record be?? A doubt it would be 4-7 and if it was I doubt they would look this bad doing it.

Lexwhat
11-28-2005, 02:17 PM
BillsDaily has the report.

Fletcher is pointing fingers at the offense and saying they are why they are losing.

Adams has his agent talkin sh_t about how poorly MM is treating Adams

Pat Williams says the Bills are as dumb as can be for letting him go.

Fletcher and Adams can both pack up there fuggin bags and hit the train headed out of Buff. I have no use for either. You want to start running your mouth? Fletcher had his best game of the season which isnt saying much when Car moved the ball on us all day. The guy is great in coverage but flat out sucks against the run and cant tackle to save his life most of the time. After a good game this past week he went from my can-his-a_s list to the onthin ice pile. Now, he is permanently gone as far as Im concerned.

Fletch, you ought to ask yourself why a team that supposedly has such a great D put the whole game on the arm on a QB with 6 starts. Whos fault is that when you are the supposed rock solid veteran worth all your cash.

Fug that clown, take a hike, the last thing this young O that is getting better in the passing game every week needs is an a-hole like that.

As far as Adams, he aint earning his pay as a veteran team leader by showing up fat as hell and then lounging around at practice, can his fat a_s too.

Losman has the right attitude and approach to the game.

I said several times that we lack heart and mental toughness, this type of baby a_s overpaid vet bullsh_t is EXACTLY what im talking about. Can every one of their underachieving as_es. Let them go and let a guy with the RIGHT mentality and approach start to lead, thats JP folks.

It wasnt Flecther or Adams fat a_s that was here all offseason watching game tape, but a last in the league against the run defense SHOULD HAVE BEEN!!!

Just the signing on the dotted line of the pink slip as far as Im concerned!

I'm sorry but, you need to get real. The bottom line is that MULARKEY HAS DESTROYED THIS TEAM. IT'S OVER! London Fletcher for the most part is a classy player and this is the first time I have never heard him point fingers like this. When the offense scores only 9 points at home, we are not going to win many ball games, even if we had the defense from last year.

By the way, from your words, London didn't point the finger at JP, but at the whole offense. With the exception of the Oakland and San Diego game, our defense has put us in a position to win almost all of our games based on POINTS ALLOWED.

Tell me something, a good team should have a defense to bail it out at times, and an offense to bail it out at times. HOW MANY TIMES THIS YEAR DID OUR OFFENSE BAIL OUT THE DEFENSE?? Over and over again, we score pussy-ass field goals. ALL YEAR LONG!!!!!

It's time to stop mentioning rushing yards allowed, rushing yards gained, receiving yards gained by Moulds, and all those other flashy stats. You are an educated fan, not a little boy. Here's the most important stat: 14.6 POINTS SCORED PER GAME. That's better than only the Ravens and Jets. It's worse than the 49ers, Browns, and Texans. Our defense is about average, but with the offense we have it's obvious we can't succeed. To win in the NFL, you need balance. So stop blaming everything on yards allowed by our defense. We only allowed 13 points against Carolina! And we would have won it if it wasn't for Coy Wire. Why the hell did Mularkey allow Wire to go in? A better choice would have been Vincent at Strong Safety and Rashard Baker at Free Safety.

Mularkey has been saying over and over again, "we need to do a better job in the red zone, we need to learn how to win close games." Well nothing has changed for a year and a half. The problem is that Mularkey isn't putting JP in a position to succeed. I'm disgusted with those stupid-ass gadget plays that the staff is always pulling. Mularkey doesn't have a clue!

It's not that London or Milloy suck, it's that they are being asked to do way too much. I guarentee they would resurrect their careers if they went to other teams.

This is the NFL. Stop telling every damn player on our team to take a hike.

IF YOU DONT READ EVERYTHING I WROTE ABOVE, JUST READ THIS:

Doesn't it seem strange to any of you that most of these players that you are accusing (Fletcher, Milloy, Moulds, Adams) have been on our team for YEARS but ONLY this year they are complaining?? I can only remember Sam Adams having some trouble last year, but that was a minor thing. Moulds has supported this team for as long as I can remember through lots of losing seasons, and this year is the first time I hear him opening up his mouth like this. Mularkey's ego is getting to be like Donohoe's, and I'm sick of him and his stubborness and his pathetic offense. Mularkey is not a Bill Parcells or Andy Reid, but he tries to make it seem like he is in the same class as them. A coach's job is to maxamize roster ability, and Mularkey doesn't know how to do that.

eee1776
11-28-2005, 03:58 PM
I agree, Tom Donahoe has ruined this franchise and should be asked to shuffel off out of Buffalo immediately. MIke M is a nice guy but he was not ready to be a head coach or an offensive cordinator. Does anyone have Much's number.?

justasportsfan
11-28-2005, 04:23 PM
Well said Lexwhat. They, especially Moulds are doing the same thing we are but not naming TD directly.

DynaPaul
11-28-2005, 04:28 PM
The veterans are mad as hell and Pat Williams was right. We were stupid for letting him go and I never supported his departure. What I can't figure out is why everyone won't say it. You all know what I mean. The fact that our lines suck, in particular, the offensive line. How many times does it need to be said that games are won in the trenches and that if you build a super duper house on a mud foundation then eventually it will fall over? The offense can't make plays because the line doesn't open holes for the running game and doesn't give the QB enough time to find an open receiver. Our defensive woes also fall on the crappy line we have there. They can't stop the run and can't put pressure on the opposing QB and when they do the idiots run right past him or don't finish the tackle. This team will continue to go nowhere with a turnstile line... period. You can have all of the skill positions in the world but that makes no difference without someone to make them opportunities.

Tatonka
11-28-2005, 05:16 PM
by the way.. fletcher sucks in coverage.. the first post said he was ok in coverage but sucked at the run.. well.. he sucks in coverage. always has.

X-Era
11-28-2005, 05:17 PM
I'm sorry but, you need to get real. The bottom line is that MULARKEY HAS DESTROYED THIS TEAM. IT'S OVER! London Fletcher for the most part is a classy player and this is the first time I have never heard him point fingers like this. When the offense scores only 9 points at home, we are not going to win many ball games, even if we had the defense from last year.

By the way, from your words, London didn't point the finger at JP, but at the whole offense. With the exception of the Oakland and San Diego game, our defense has put us in a position to win almost all of our games based on POINTS ALLOWED.

Tell me something, a good team should have a defense to bail it out at times, and an offense to bail it out at times. HOW MANY TIMES THIS YEAR DID OUR OFFENSE BAIL OUT THE DEFENSE?? Over and over again, we score pussy-ass field goals. ALL YEAR LONG!!!!!

It's time to stop mentioning rushing yards allowed, rushing yards gained, receiving yards gained by Moulds, and all those other flashy stats. You are an educated fan, not a little boy. Here's the most important stat: 14.6 POINTS SCORED PER GAME. That's better than only the Ravens and Jets. It's worse than the 49ers, Browns, and Texans. Our defense is about average, but with the offense we have it's obvious we can't succeed. To win in the NFL, you need balance. So stop blaming everything on yards allowed by our defense. We only allowed 13 points against Carolina! And we would have won it if it wasn't for Coy Wire. Why the hell did Mularkey allow Wire to go in? A better choice would have been Vincent at Strong Safety and Rashard Baker at Free Safety.

Mularkey has been saying over and over again, "we need to do a better job in the red zone, we need to learn how to win close games." Well nothing has changed for a year and a half. The problem is that Mularkey isn't putting JP in a position to succeed. I'm disgusted with those stupid-ass gadget plays that the staff is always pulling. Mularkey doesn't have a clue!

It's not that London or Milloy suck, it's that they are being asked to do way too much. I guarentee they would resurrect their careers if they went to other teams.

This is the NFL. Stop telling every damn player on our team to take a hike.

IF YOU DONT READ EVERYTHING I WROTE ABOVE, JUST READ THIS:

Doesn't it seem strange to any of you that most of these players that you are accusing (Fletcher, Milloy, Moulds, Adams) have been on our team for YEARS but ONLY this year they are complaining?? I can only remember Sam Adams having some trouble last year, but that was a minor thing. Moulds has supported this team for as long as I can remember through lots of losing seasons, and this year is the first time I hear him opening up his mouth like this. Mularkey's ego is getting to be like Donohoe's, and I'm sick of him and his stubborness and his pathetic offense. Mularkey is not a Bill Parcells or Andy Reid, but he tries to make it seem like he is in the same class as them. A coach's job is to maxamize roster ability, and Mularkey doesn't know how to do that.

OK, lets attack this one step at a time.

1) The front office- I have never and will never say that this front office should stay. What I have said is the Ralph WILL NOT LET THEM GO> He frikkin extended the damn guy with NO playoffs, now all of the sudden he will become UN-senile and fire TD? NO way, no how. Should it happen? ABSOLUTELY. But ask yourself something, if TD didnt feel pretty damn secure in his job why in the hell would he hire 2 unexperienced HC's in a row? He is alot of things but he is not unintelligent. It speaks volumes about how fat and happy he feels in his job here. As far as Mularkey goes, TD NOT Mularkey was the one who assembled this team. MM deserves some of the blame for sure. But TD was the clown that let Pat go without replacing watched endless top notch player get snapped up only to grab the next Ross Fugger or Bennie the human penalty. I blame TD a hell of alot more than MM for the mess that we have. If Td ever wakes up and starts spending coin to get some top notch friggin FA in here, we can finally start improving but his smoke and mirror approach to bargain basement boatloads of backups that trys to convince us fans that he is doing something is NOT FOOLING anyone anymore, well I can only speak for me, not you, but it aint foolin me.

2) From day one of the offseason I have said the same damn thing. A great D, a average O, and a great ST = the playoffs. Going into this year every damn fan on here claimed we had a top 2 or at least top 5 D. It was FOR THIS SUPPOSED FACT ONLY that we could tolerate a struggling young QB who only needed to manage games and not give them away, and we could still be a playoff team. Well, this D took a MONUMENTAL step in the wrong direction. Thats a fact, the stats and every damn person who watches the games sees that. So, based on the above equation we SHOULD be mediocre at best. Well, that, my friend, is EXACTLY where we are. NO ONE therefore has ANY right to blame ANYONE. It is a TEAM effort and the TEAM isnt good enough. If you expected our 6 start QB to come in to any game and carry the team to wins despite a putrid D, no o-line, and a erratic running game, I have a big fat bridge in Brooklyn to sell you because you are sadly, sorrily, mistaken. In my mind there is not a SINGLE QB in this league that in his rookie starting year carried his team to the playoffs, CERTAINLY not Roth. Roth, has one of the best WR in league, a great o-line, a great D, great HC, and good ST. We THOUGHT we might be similar but TD NOT MM changed all that with his endless parade of blue light specials.

3) There is one sure fire way to remain in the gutter when you are there. Its by blaming everyone else. Fletcher IS a classy guy most of the time. So frikkin what, Mother Theresa cant play football, whats the point. I want a guy who will lineup and can play BOTH phases of the D both run and pass. Fletcher CANNOT do that. It was fine when our d-line prevented him from having to or put him in a position merely ASSIST. But when Fletcher is expected to do it alone IT AINT GONNA HAPPEN. I have said time and time again that Fletch is just fine if we build a brick wall in front of him. We dont have that anymore and NOW he is a liability. Wanna keep him and build the brick wall again, outstanding so do I. But that still leaves one major problem which is my next point.

4) When your team tells you who the starting QB is and who we should start or what the problems are or are not, you are in serious serious trouble. That is what a HC is for. Its THEIR job. Because many of those supposed team players will turn on you in a second when the chips are down and they arent padding their own stats anymore. Thats fine, they SHOULD be arrogant but show it on the field and dont ever forget that you arent that friggin smart. THis is the WORST possible situation when you have a young budding QB at the helm. HE is the guy who should shut these pansies mouths and be the leader. HE is the guy who should lead. Of course under the direction of the HC. The reason you didnt hear more jerks complaining when Drew was here is because HE WAS ANOTHER FRIKKIN HAS BEEN. He was one of them, a guy who had done plenty to deserve respect, was given a gift wrapped leadership job and no one would second guess that. Drew had the proven pedigree and enought ime in the league to shut these clowns up. But, just like the guys who are doing the most talking, Drew's best days were behind him. This team, if it wants any mental toughness, if it wants any shot at anything, whether this year or next, needs to shut this mouths up fast or its over before it got going. And for a guy who is a question mark to start with to do it is a sure fire way to get a ticket out of here, I say see ya, your mouth is why you are now gone. I love your supposed emotions for the fortunes of this team, but start being part fo the solution ON THE FIELD and leave the criticism to the media, they are actually smarter than you are and THAT AINT SAYIN MUCH.

5) As far as guy sleaving and lighting up the league. That only sometimes is the truth and we of course wont know until it happens. But where exactly IS Jonas Jennings right now? How about Peerless? Winfield? Henry? Sam Gash? Sam Rogers? Kenyatta Wright? Frikkin Carpenter? theres plenty of guys who claim to be good and go on to do a big pile of jack sh_t.

You think Milloy and Fletcher are stars? great, maybe you are right. You think they arent playing because the HC isnt letting them or isnt helping them? I cant see that logic and would say that great players play great anyways.

My point is simple. This is a pivotal year. The currently assembled team has alot of cap cash invested in overrated players. This is a perfect time to gut these clowns and start building the REAL team. And if you were looking for overrated players who will volunteer to be cut, you just got a few names at the top of your list. They temselves made it and easy choice. The most vocal and the most overrated? So we cut you, save a ton of cash that we can reinvest in players who wont have the years on this team to feel they can be critical, and let our much more natural leader with the RIGHT attitude take over? Is there a down side? I dont see one.

Novacane
11-28-2005, 05:23 PM
I'm not reading that novel. Can you wrap up what you said in 4 sentences?

X-Era
11-28-2005, 05:30 PM
I'm not reading that novel. Can you wrap up what you said in 4 sentences?

Sure, real easy. He seems to want to support the player ego's that are now bad mouthing their own team. TO's fan bandwagon still has some seats, maybe he is better suited there.

I say save it for the Rome show, save the cap cash and cut the vocal guys who's play now cant cash the checks their mouths are writing, and reinvest in guys who are on the RIGHT side of 30, have MORE talent, and come into this town WITHOUT the right criticize jack SQUAT!

Teams win and lose TOGETHER. What we have now is a poorly and loosely assembled band on *****ing has-beens.

There are plenty plenty of young and talented players to build around here, but the bloodletting and status quo has to stop and I say it stops THIS offseason.

realdealryan
11-28-2005, 05:51 PM
And if the money isn't all there this offseason, we should try a Vikings-style sex cruise. Or scalping Super Bowl tickets.

ParanoidAndroid
11-28-2005, 06:11 PM
Frustration is setting in. I neither blame Fletcher for spouting off, as inappropriate as it was, nor am I surprised the finger pointing has become more public. This has been brewing for the better of 3 years.
Mularkey needs to set the tone and start benching players who undermine team morale. Let the young guys know this is not how teams should behave, especially professional ones.
The only way for this team to boost its morale is for MM to take control and play the guys who are playing with heart and keeping their mouths shut.
Fletcher is an emotional player and he finally slipped and made his frustration vocal. I wouldn't be surprised to find out he apologized later this week.
Adams has his agent involved which tells me he and MM are at a serious impasse. He could be gone for good. I'm not sad. It only increases the need to pick a DT early (and in turn the possibility is greater that it will be Ngata).

jpdex12
11-28-2005, 08:15 PM
And if the money isn't all there this offseason, we should try a Vikings-style sex cruise. Or scalping Super Bowl tickets.

Don't forget about working on a few technique things! :coocoo:

sjoyce
11-28-2005, 08:22 PM
Our O -line needs work for sure Losman has no time to find a open reciever which makes him look like a poor QB and our run D is pretty bad!:yucky: But the truth is like posted before 9 pts does not win games and we just could not score! I hope this off season we work on the O-line and focus on getting some help there and on D!

Bill Cody
11-28-2005, 08:24 PM
Fletcher is a tackilng machine and one of the best players on the team, I'm not surprised that he's frustrated that we're turning into the Bungles. The offense is horrible, and when you're constantly on the field, the run D is going to suffer. It's surely not his fault.

Lexwhat
11-29-2005, 07:26 AM
OK, lets attack this one step at a time.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
1) The front office- I have never and will never say that this front office should stay. What I have said is the Ralph WILL NOT LET THEM GO> He frikkin extended the damn guy with NO playoffs, now all of the sudden he will become UN-senile and fire TD? NO way, no how. Should it happen? ABSOLUTELY. But ask yourself something, if TD didnt feel pretty damn secure in his job why in the hell would he hire 2 unexperienced HC's in a row? He is alot of things but he is not unintelligent. It speaks volumes about how fat and happy he feels in his job here. As far as Mularkey goes, TD NOT Mularkey was the one who assembled this team. MM deserves some of the blame for sure. But TD was the clown that let Pat go without replacing watched endless top notch player get snapped up only to grab the next Ross Fugger or Bennie the human penalty. I blame TD a hell of alot more than MM for the mess that we have. If Td ever wakes up and starts spending coin to get some top notch friggin FA in here, we can finally start improving but his smoke and mirror approach to bargain basement boatloads of backups that trys to convince us fans that he is doing something is NOT FOOLING anyone anymore, well I can only speak for me, not you, but it aint foolin me.<o:p></o:p>
2) From day one of the offseason I have said the same damn thing. A great D, a average O, and a great ST = the playoffs. Going into this year every damn fan on here claimed we had a top 2 or at least top 5 D. It was FOR THIS SUPPOSED FACT ONLY that we could tolerate a struggling young QB who only needed to manage games and not give them away, and we could still be a playoff team. Well, this D took a MONUMENTAL step in the wrong direction. Thats a fact, the stats and every damn person who watches the games sees that. So, based on the above equation we SHOULD be mediocre at best. Well, that, my friend, is EXACTLY where we are. NO ONE therefore has ANY right to blame ANYONE. It is a TEAM effort and the TEAM isnt good enough. If you expected our 6 start QB to come in to any game and carry the team to wins despite a putrid D, no o-line, and a erratic running game, I have a big fat bridge in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place>Brooklyn</st1:place> to sell you because you are sadly, sorrily, mistaken. In my mind there is not a SINGLE QB in this league that in his rookie starting year carried his team to the playoffs, CERTAINLY not Roth. Roth, has one of the best WR in league, a great o-line, a great D, great HC, and good ST. We THOUGHT we might be similar but TD NOT MM changed all that with his endless parade of blue light specials.<o:p></o:p>
3) There is one sure fire way to remain in the gutter when you are there. Its by blaming everyone else. Fletcher IS a classy guy most of the time. So frikkin what, Mother Theresa cant play football, whats the point. I want a guy who will lineup and can play BOTH phases of the D both run and pass. Fletcher CANNOT do that. It was fine when our d-line prevented him from having to or put him in a position merely ASSIST. But when Fletcher is expected to do it alone IT AINT GONNA HAPPEN. I have said time and time again that Fletch is just fine if we build a brick wall in front of him. We dont have that anymore and NOW he is a liability. Wanna keep him and build the brick wall again, outstanding so do I. But that still leaves one major problem which is my next point.<o:p></o:p>
4) When your team tells you who the starting QB is and who we should start or what the problems are or are not, you are in serious serious trouble. That is what a HC is for. Its THEIR job. Because many of those supposed team players will turn on you in a second when the chips are down and they arent padding their own stats anymore. Thats fine, they SHOULD be arrogant but show it on the field and dont ever forget that you arent that friggin smart. THis is the WORST possible situation when you have a young budding QB at the helm. HE is the guy who should shut these pansies mouths and be the leader. HE is the guy who should lead. Of course under the direction of the HC. The reason you didnt hear more jerks complaining when Drew was here is because HE WAS ANOTHER FRIKKIN HAS BEEN. He was one of them, a guy who had done plenty to deserve respect, was given a gift wrapped leadership job and no one would second guess that. Drew had the proven pedigree and enought ime in the league to shut these clowns up. But, just like the guys who are doing the most talking, Drew's best days were behind him. This team, if it wants any mental toughness, if it wants any shot at anything, whether this year or next, needs to shut this mouths up fast or its over before it got going. And for a guy who is a question mark to start with to do it is a sure fire way to get a ticket out of here, I say see ya, your mouth is why you are now gone. I love your supposed emotions for the fortunes of this team, but start being part fo the solution ON THE FIELD and leave the criticism to the media, they are actually smarter than you are and THAT AINT SAYIN MUCH.<o:p></o:p>
5) As far as guy sleaving and lighting up the league. That only sometimes is the truth and we of course wont know until it happens. But where exactly IS Jonas Jennings right now? How about Peerless? Winfield? Henry? Sam Gash? Sam Rogers? Kenyatta Wright? Frikkin Carpenter? theres plenty of guys who claim to be good and go on to do a big pile of jack sh_t. <o:p></o:p>
You think Milloy and Fletcher are stars? great, maybe you are right. You think they arent playing because the HC isnt letting them or isnt helping them? I cant see that logic and would say that great players play great anyways.<o:p></o:p>
My point is simple. This is a pivotal year. The currently assembled team has alot of cap cash invested in overrated players. This is a perfect time to gut these clowns and start building the REAL team. And if you were looking for overrated players who will volunteer to be cut, you just got a few names at the top of your list. They temselves made it and easy choice. The most vocal and the most overrated? So we cut you, save a ton of cash that we can reinvest in players who wont have the years on this team to feel they can be critical, and let our much more natural leader with the RIGHT attitude take over? Is there a down side? I dont see one.<o:p></o:p>
Ok well now that I've calmed down a little from my earlier post, let me look at this...By the way, I dont really disagree with your points, but I have some things to add...<o:p></o:p>
1. Can we say for sure that ONLY TD assembled this team? Why are we assuming that? If you ask me, it's a collective effort and MM and TD deserve equal blame. That "draft board" they assemble includes Mularkey's opinions too. If Mularkey said forget WR in the 2nd round and draft an O-Lineman, would things be different? I am not sure, but I highly doubt that Mularkey got mad about us picking Roscoe. IMO, Mularkey supported all of our draft picks as much as anyone, including TD. <o:p></o:p>
If you still dont believe me, try this: Doesn't it seem strange that we have devoted all of our draft picks (except 2) to Offensive players in the last 2 drafts and our Offense has gotten even worse? If you ask me, Mularkey played a BIG role in that, AT LEAST equal to TD.<o:p></o:p>
2. As I said before, our D is average and our O is way below average. As an offense, we average more points than only the Jets and Ravens, while being worse than the Browns, Texans, and 49ers. Our D may give up yards, but as I said I don't care much for yardage statistics. Except for the <st1:City><st1:place>Oakland</st1:place></st1:City> and SD game, our defense gave us a chance to win all our games. <o:p></o:p>
Important point: If half of our field goals were touchdowns instead, I think we would have won the NE game, the <st1:City><st1:place>Atlanta</st1:place></st1:City> game, and the <st1:City><st1:place>Carolina</st1:place></st1:City> game. Which means, we would be the front-runner for the division title right now...JP has done a fairly nice job given the circumstances and especially now he is able to move the ball. <o:p></o:p>
Now, when a team CAN move the ball but CANNOT score TDs in the red zone, that is a SCHEME problem. Even against KC, we did not score in the Red Zone. You can blame the O-Line, RB, and WRs all you want, and yes they are sucking, but they are the same people that are actually getting us Into the red zone. When a head coach continues to be stubborn and use the same red zone play-calling that has failed for 1.5 years, then there's an obvious problem with the scheme and it's killing our team. Thus, I blame Mularkey for our "points-scored."<o:p></o:p>
Here's where I think differently than you...<o:p></o:p>
3. Now, let me point out what I think is a double standard. First of all, we both agree that Mularkey benching players is important when they need to be benched. So why treat JP any different? Like you said, this is a TEAM game. I would argue that JP needed to be benched to learn some humility. Look at how well JP has responded since his benching! He is playing much better. EVEN JP HIMSELF ADMITTED HE WAS IN OVER HIS HEAD AND NOW FEELS DIFFERENTLY THAN HE DID IN THE BEGINNING OF THE SEASON. IMO, Mularkey benching and then re-starting JP was one of his few good moves. After this season is all said and done, and we dont make the playoffs, JP will have started 12 games. That sounds fair to me. <o:p></o:p>
First you say that Mularkey is good to have the balls to bench his "star players," but then you go and say that these veterens are the ones responsible for JP's benching! Something here doesn't make sense! If you ask me, Mularkey made that decision to bench JP, and not the players. It's all up to opinion, but you CANNOT say that the vets were definitely responsible for it. <o:p></o:p>
If a player needs to be benched, regardless of position and age, then he needs to be benched. Simple as that. JP has a good attitude, no doubt, but he needed to learn an important lesson. If you ask me, he learned that.<o:p></o:p>
If you are saying that JP should've stayed in at all costs, I dont agree with that. JP is not the same player as other QBs, so why treat him with that "He needs to be playing like E. Manning, P. Manning, C. Palmer" motto. Not all QBs are the same. It's true, JP needs game-play experience, but he might need other things (humility) as well. Being benched for a FEW games was a special case for JP, and if you ask me it was the right choice.<o:p></o:p>
4. A better head coach would have gotten us a division title. But not much more than that. We are nowhere near super-bowl caliber teams like <st1:City><st1:place>San Diego</st1:place></st1:City>, Indy, <st1:City><st1:place>Pittsburgh</st1:place></st1:City>, or <st1:City><st1:place>Cincinnati</st1:place></st1:City>. We all agree the the O and D Lines have to be fixed in order to have any shot at being a contender. <o:p></o:p>

DarbyTheDinosaur
11-29-2005, 11:29 AM
The good ol' Bickering Bills are back!!!

Team Turmoil used to rule the roost back before the early 90's squads...just tyring to look at this through rose-colored glasses.