PDA

View Full Version : Denver Game -- little help

oldno711
11-28-2005, 02:06 PM
Me and a friend of mine (who, unfortunately, is a Broncos fan) are driving up from Virginia on Friday for the game and we had a few questions:

Anything going on Friday night/Saturday afternoon at any of the local bars?
We're staying at the Hyatt -- Should we take a bus to the game or is there pay parking available at the stadium?
Where should we tailgate (if we don't drive ourselves)?
Where is the best place for watching football on sunday?

...I know it's a couple weeks away, but we're trying to plan all this ***** out ahead of time.

thanks

OpIv37
11-28-2005, 02:40 PM
some people are going to the Buffalo Brew Pub in Williamsville on Friday night. There's a thread about it in the Twilight Zone.

There's plenty of parking at the stadium- you can get it as cheap as $5 if you're willing to walk a half mile or so, and the stadium lots are $15. Public transportation is virtually non-existent in Buffalo. We stayed at the Hyatt before the Pitt game last year, and even with stadium traffic it only took about 30-40 minutes to drive there.

The BZ tailgate is kinda south of the stadium a lot away from the Fieldhouse. The_Philster has the best details on it. the Pinto tailgate is also in the same parking lot- that one's definitely worth checking out.

hammerbillsfan
11-28-2005, 02:45 PM
The BZ tailgate is kinda south of the stadium a lot away from the Fieldhouse. The_Philster has the best details on it. the Pinto tailgate is also in the same parking lot- that one's definitely worth checking out.

Here's is a good pic of about where we are.

The_Philster
11-28-2005, 03:09 PM
The following map is where we park..under Helmet Crew
http://www.billszone.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10006/normal_billszone-tailgate-map%7E0.jpg

SabreEleven
11-28-2005, 03:16 PM
Too bad I'll be going to the Sabres game that afternoon, I'll miss the tail gate.

Bill Brasky
11-28-2005, 03:22 PM
screw that, tailgate with my friends and i near the feild house in the grass lot. you can enter any time ( we usually get there about 7am). we'll have kegs, tons of food, tunes, good times. PM me and i'll give you directions.

oldno711
11-28-2005, 03:22 PM
So what's the deal with the tailgate...Do we just show up with beer/food in hand?

The_Philster
11-28-2005, 03:24 PM
Bring an appetite...contributing some more beer won't hurt, though

OpIv37
11-28-2005, 03:25 PM
it's BYOB. Usually there's a lot of food at the tailgates already- just bring something to contribute.

R. Rich
11-28-2005, 03:48 PM
Here's is a good pic of about where we are.

....and a good reason to stay away from these guys.

R. Rich
11-28-2005, 03:50 PM
Bring an appetite...contributing some more beer won't hurt, though

Screw that. Bring cash or money order, payable to me.