PDA

View Full Version : Specific Merchandise Questions

Aero II
08-09-2002, 10:16 AM
This is a football related question, but I also thing that this will be bumped over to the Twilight Zone eventually.
My Fiancé and I are looking for some specific football related items for our wedding reception. Long story short, we made a football bet back in 98. I said the Bills would win, she said the Jags would win, Flutie ran the ball for the TD with :17 left, she wouldn’t talk to me for 6 weeks, then finally paid up. I asked her to marry me at the Bills @ Jags game last season (exactly 3 years to the day). Now we are getting married and having a football themed reception.
Here is what I am having trouble finding that I hope someone can help with.
1) Champaign Flutes, one with an etched Bills logo, the other with Jags. I have beer glasses that are etched but can’t find anyone who has or can do the flutes.
2) Bisque/Ceramic football player statues. I have one that a friend painted about 9 years ago to look like a little pudgy boy in a Kelly jersey and a Bills helmet. I’m looking for 16 of them. My plan is to paint half Bills, half Jags, and use the number on the jersey as the table number centerpiece.
These are the things that I am having the most trouble finding. Does anyone have any ideas where to look? Please Help.

Pride
08-09-2002, 12:20 PM
Because this is a wedding question, and I have just gone through this stuggle, we can leave it up for a while. :) We must see a pictures of the final cermony tho hehe

lordofgun
08-09-2002, 12:37 PM
Things Remembered has some NFL themed glasses and stuff. Sounds like a cool theme! You're a lucky guy to have a girl that into football!

Pride
08-09-2002, 01:29 PM
LOG, I was thinkin the same thing! We HAD to do a spring flowery thing. *puke*

Aero II
08-09-2002, 01:40 PM
Things Remembered has flasks and beer mugs.
I will definately post pics of the reception, the date will be March 29th 2003.
Reception only, NO HONEYMOON PICS.

BTW
Does anyone out there think that they can etch these themselves. You know (hush hush).

lordofgun
08-09-2002, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Aero II
NO HONEYMOON PICS.

Bring a polaroid. ;)

Aero II
08-09-2002, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun

Bring a polaroid. ;)
Sorry, my whole family, at one time or another has worked for Kodak.

Earthquake Enyart
08-09-2002, 02:50 PM
Kodak makes digital cameras :D

CajunBillsBacker
08-09-2002, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Pride
LOG, I was thinkin the same thing! We HAD to do a spring flowery thing. *puke*

YOU TOO HUH??? I just got married in April. I tried to get the football idea going but it was shut down immediately by my anti football wife and her anti football bridesmaid's. Why can't the guys ever have say so in these things??????

Although I did manage to have a grooms cake in the shape of LSU Tiger Stadium!!:hungry:

Aero II
08-12-2002, 09:16 AM
Where are you Jaded? You must know where to find those cutesy types of figurines.

Cntrygal
08-12-2002, 09:39 AM
well.. I'm not very good with "cutesie" type things... but have you called any of the glass shops in the area? If they don't do etching - they probably would know who does. You probably would have to have a pic of what you want on them though. (I looked in the yellow pages and found a couple places that advertise that they etch glass - but it's here in SD).

FOR THE RECORD........ I think this is an AWESOME theme for a wedding!!!! :up:

Aero II
08-12-2002, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Cntrygal
FOR THE RECORD........ I think this is an AWESOME theme for a wedding!!!! :up:

Thanks Cntrygal. I'll give it a try. I have emailed some sites that do etching, and every responce tells me that I would need to get permission from the 2 teams and the NFL to do this. I'm hoping that I can find someone that's experienced in this. That Jags logo has a lot of detail.

Cntrygal
08-12-2002, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Aero II

Thanks Cntrygal. I'll give it a try. I have emailed some sites that do etching, and every responce tells me that I would need to get permission from the 2 teams and the NFL to do this. I'm hoping that I can find someone that's experienced in this. That Jags logo has a lot of detail.

I didn't even think about the team/nfl angle.... I wonder if you call them they would pay you for the idea... they could make alot of money off of something like this.

Aero II
08-12-2002, 02:30 PM
I don't think the NFL would be willing to pay for any marketing ideas. They'd probobly sue for even thinking of using any team/league logos.

Cntrygal
08-12-2002, 02:41 PM
hmmm I have a Bills sticker you could slap on yours. :D

Earthquake Enyart
08-12-2002, 02:42 PM
Where's Barney Fife when you need him?