PDA

View Full Version : hey, lets dream a little!

X-Era
11-28-2005, 06:04 PM
Whats the ultimate, dream offseaon for you? Might as well throw some good thoughts around too.

Heres mine:

Posey, Fletcher, Adams, Mike Williams, Moulds all gone.

McGahee traded for the #1 pick in the draft, Bills take Reggie Bush.

Clements franchised and traded for Donte Stallworth and a 2nd rounder

We sign:

Julian Peterson
Andra Davis
Steve Hutchinson
LeCharles Bentley
Damione Lewis AND Ryan Pickett

We draft:

AJ Hawk with the 10-17 1st
2.1- Mike Huff
2.2- Jeremy Trueblood
3.1- Orien Harris or Claude Wroten
3.2- WR- Greg Lee
4- C- Mike Degory
5- Randy Hand
6- Lance Butler

Hey it is a dream afterall.

ParanoidAndroid
11-28-2005, 06:34 PM
That is fun.

If we could sign any 2 of those free agents, I'd be happy, especially Davis and Hutchinson.

The draft looks good except I would take Ryan Colledge (T) or Davin Joseph (G) over Trueblood.

Greg Lee would be an awesome pick except he has been climbing up the draft boards and will probably climb some more if he runs a decent 40. I don't think he'll be there in the 3rd. I'd also reverse picks at DT and LB. I'd take Ngata in the 1st and Anthony Schlegel (ILB) in the 3rd.

OpIv37
11-28-2005, 06:44 PM
TD- gone
Mularkey- gone
Mike Williams- gone.

Everything else is icing on the cake.

ParanoidAndroid
11-28-2005, 07:09 PM
I don't know Op. I really don't think Mularkey deserves the axe just yet. He doesn't look good right now, but I don't think he's getting much help from the players. I think the problems are more mental mistakes and lack of execution. If we had a pass rush and a better O-line, Mularkey would be looking much better. I'm not convinced he's to blame. TD should be on his way out though. We tried it his way and it is very very close to completely imploding.

L.A. Playa
11-28-2005, 07:10 PM
sounds like a wet dream

OpIv37
11-28-2005, 07:19 PM
I don't know Op. I really don't think Mularkey deserves the axe just yet. He doesn't look good right now, but I don't think he's getting much help from the players. I think the problems are more mental mistakes and lack of execution. If we had a pass rush and a better O-line, Mularkey would be looking much better. I'm not convinced he's to blame. TD should be on his way out though. We tried it his way and it is very very close to completely imploding.

short yardage play calling is terrible
Moulds, Adams, Fletcher and other vets are *****ing to the media, which they've never done before
defensive schemes are terrible (playing 5 yards of the LOS on 3rd and 2, for one example)
too many penalties, especially at crucial junctures in the game
does not adjust well during games, whereas other coaches always make successful adjustments against us (ie, he gets outcoached every game)
he outsmarts himself and common sense ("throwing a swing pass on 3rd and 2 is SO stupid that Bellicheck will NEVER expect it! I'm a genius!")

I do agree that this team has execution problems (players' faults) and talent/personnel problems (Donahoe's fault), but I also don't think Mularey is the right man for the job due to the above reasons. I honestly thought he was on the right track last year, but this year he has taken two steps backwards.

L.A. Playa
11-28-2005, 07:20 PM
Mularkey lost this team, its easier to replace the coach than all the players that have no respect for him

OpIv37
11-28-2005, 07:26 PM
btw I want Adams, Fletcher and Posey gone too, but it depends on the ability to find quality replacements. Of the 3, I think Adams is the most important to replace because of his bad attitude.